Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Chuck vs. the Final Exam?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think part of what seems to be missing lately is the way Chuck would accidentally or through "Nerdy" blunders solve the problems or cases.
    He doesn't freak out like he did earlier in the series which was the original flavor of Chuck.

Comment

I grade this final exam as a B-. It was pretty good, honestly, but there were still a few detractors. I loved Casey's role in this episode, especially in his conversations with Chuck. The stuff with Lester and Jeff was comical, but a little extra silly, even for this show. I REALLY liked the Chuck/Sarah scene when he was getting ready for the first part of his final exam. I also like how the show is continually shaking things up and making us wonder what will happen to our characters and the choices they'll make. I do feel like Sarah treated Chuck badly at the end of the episode, and I'm still not a big fan of Shaw. I did like the questions that Sarah's red test raised as to who that woman may have been. So yeah, it was a pretty nice episode with a couple of minor problems for me.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        Really? I totally thought it was Sarah that had shot the guy. In a way I wish it had been her because in a way that would have redeemed her character a bit for me. I wasn't happy with Sarah in this episode.

As far as the sub plot - I thought it was sad how low they made Casey sink. I thought it was awful to see a good honorable man like Casey have to bow to two total screw up losers. I agree that I didn't think it was very funny.

As soon as the talk of chuck needing to take his test I knew that shaw was gonna want him to kill someone and he wouldn't be able to and I figured the writers who have casey shoot the person and sarah would think it was chuck and feel that she is losing him to becomign a spy then as soon as chuck gave casey the gun I knew I was right and casey would be the shooter. I think (aside from the jeff and lester plot wich just seemed to be added so they could use the actors and get casey in a subway) that the whole episode was just way too predictable

Comment

I gave this episode a 7. It was ok but not great (like the last few eps have been).

Casey knocking out Jeff and Lester! LOL

"Baby steps."
          "More like baby kicks to the groin."

"Unlike you, I know when something's over." Oooo, burn, Casey!

Casey writing "I am going to kill you" on his hand and showing it to Lester. Now that is hardcore!

Chuck being told he'll be moved to Rome, posing as a billionaire industrialist (WTF? They actually think he can pull that off? Do they not remember the Burton thing?).

The message self destructing just like in the movies (and Chuck's geeking out over that. Love it!).

"To get your head right, you gotta get your threads right." Oh Big Mike!

I have to admit I still don't understand why Casey is still at the Buy More. I mean, with his skills he could be doing a lot of other stuff. Why stay there?

The return of sizzling shrimp! And Private eyes on the iPod.

Darn Shaw ruining the moment!

Anyone else have a Clark Kent moment when Chuck put the glasses on? I wonder what Brandon thought of it?

Hey, Ausiello was right! Someone was shirtless in this episode and it was Chuck! (who else knew that at some point, somehow, the towel was going to come off? *raises hand*)

"I am a naked spy."

The return of Subway! Casey in a suit (I don't think that's the right color for Casey though. Something darker would have worked better, IMO.) and then Casey having to eat from Jeff's sandwich? Ew!

Did anyone else notice that there were actual customers at the Orange Orange? Wow....

"Subway can soothe the tummy and the soul." I wonder if that will be their new slogan.

Chuck bringing Casey a gun to work? And then the red test.

As I watched that whole thing unfold a couple of things came to me. First that I would bet 10 bucks that it was Casey who would shoot the dude (turned out I was right) and secondly, that both Shaw and Sarah don't seem to know Chuck at all. I mean, I would have bet everything I own that Chuck would not shoot that guy (The only way I could ever see Chuck shooting anyone would be in self-defense or to save someone he cares about. And even then it would literally have to be the only option.). Why can't they understand that? That's why I was so disappointed that Sarah thought he had done it (and then breaks it off with him--doesn't love him anymore?!--because of it.).

Casey, of all of them, is the one who seems to understand the best. *shakes head*

Oh and here's a question--if Chuck is now a full spy and all that, what's his cover to Ellie going to be? I mean, how's he going to explain suddenly being whisked off and whatnot?

And then there was Sarah's red test. Yeah, my first thought was "I wonder if who she killed was someone important to the story". Wait and see, I guess.

ON one other note, I have been rather unhappy (I don't remember if I said) with how Chuck's hair has been for most of this season but this episode? Looking good!

Comment

Yes I did see the Clark Kent (Superman) moment awsome !!!!!......

Comment

He's the Doctor. But Sarah was extremely OC in this episode. Chuck should just forget about her and move on. She's an emotional shrew. She doesn't love him anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎