No announcement yet.

Young Justice - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Justice - General Discussion

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but rumors are swirling and when I say rumors I mean "rumors" that a new animated series will premiere some time next year based, at least in part, on the comic YoungJustice. The comic of course was about a team of young heroes from throughout the DCU including impulse, robin, SUPERBOY and so on coming together after the TeenTitans had moved on and became the Titans. However this new series seems to feature different/older versions of the characters and an updated lineup. So far "rumor" is that it includes Nightwing, Superboy (Kon-El), Miss. Martian, AquaLad, Impulse & Arrowette. So it seems to be, in some ways, combining YoungJustice and the Titans. No one is sure about the tone yet.

Now since this is all "rumor" at this point there is no harm in posting these leaked character concepts for Arrowette and AquaLad that appeared online a few months ago.

Arrowette-

AquaLad-

Again since the show is a "rumor" I don't expect anyone to complain about these images being posted here. Also since it is a "rumor" I wouldn't expect an official anouncement at either this years Comic-Con or next years or both. I also wouldn't expect the series to premiere sometime in the 4Q on CartoonNetwork next year. Yunno because its a "rumor".
    Last edited by MartianRogue; 09-21-2010, 03:43 AM.

I wasn't aware that it was a "rumor" at all. I was under the impression that it is fact and that they've actually cast people for voice parts.

Comment

That was why I said rumor in the way that I did. According to WB its a rumor, but to anyone whos heard of it its a "rumor" . I'm actually really looking forward to it. Can't wait to see the final designs.

Comment

and here is the first official released image;

Comment

I am all about Arrowette!

Comment

I can't wait for this, I loved "The Spectacular Spider-Man," and sad it's gone, but I'm glad those writers have found something new.

Comment

heres the press release;

The show is described as follows: "In Young Justice, being a teenager means proving yourself over and over - to peers, parents, teachers, mentors and, ultimately, to yourself. But what if you're not just a normal teenager? What if you're a teenage super hero? Are you ready to join the ranks of the great heroes and prove you're worthy of the Justice League? That's exactly what the members of Young Justice - Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis - will [find] out, whether they have what it takes to be a proven hero."

This series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Sam Register ("Teen Titans," "Ben 10," "Batman: The Brave and the Bold") is the executive producer. Brandon Vietti ("Batman: Under the Red Hood," "Superman Doomsday," "The Batman") and Greg Weisman ("Gargoyles," "The Spectacular Spider-Man," "W.I.T.C.H.") are the producers.

"There's much more to come from DC Entertainment," said Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer. "This is just the beginning."

Comment

I remain totally confused as to how Conner can appear in this show, but I am not complaining. Very happy to see a new ongoing DC Animated, as I just can't seem to get into Brave and the Bold.
                Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 04-22-2010, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Can not wait for this. At last Kon-El gets animated.

Comment

Is that Garth or a new Aqualad altogether?

Anyway, it's great to see Conner finally animated.

Comment

I think it's a new Aqualad but I'm not sure. I'm a little disappointed Wonder Girl (Cassie) is not in this.

Comment

so, the Teen Titans return, more or less... well bring it on! I can hardly wait to see how they portray Megan, she's been my favorite Titan of the last several years

I'm not a big Conner Kent fan, but even I know it's past time he got a little screen time.

This aqualad is an X-Factor for me; he could destroy the whole show for me, or he could be the one thing that makes it stand out more than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by MartianRogue
                          and here is the first official released image;

This might be the first cartoon I've watched in years. Can't wait!

Comment

Looks cool! I am surprised about Miss Martian though, she was never apart of Young Justice in the comics. Must be the Geoff Johns influence at work.

Comment

Teen Titans part 2 lol. But at least they got Superman this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎