No announcement yet.

The truth about John Casey.........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about John Casey.........

wow so much learned. Real name Alex Coburn and he had a fiancee and has a daughter. i feel really bad for him.

It seems weird for Alex to be his real name when his mother apparently calls him Johnny Boy.

Comment

Unless his middle name is John, that was a big goof up.

Comment

Wow... with all the name reveals. First Sam now Alex!

Comment

Yeah, this epi just feels like a big contradiction to what we learned in Santa Claus in S2. It kinda ruined the whole Casey storyline of the epi for me.

Comment

I dunno... Maybe he went ahead and told his mom his real name. But honestly, I don't think he was actually talking to his mom in that episode -- I think he was trying to make an emergency contact to someone outside, i.e. General Beckman. At least, that was my take in that Christmas episode scene. We did learn a ton about him, though. It's a shame that he feels that he can't actually reveal who he is to his former fiancee, or reveal his identity to his daughter, but that may yet happen at some point...

Comment

could be if it was his mom she has to call him by john too. he could have just got a name change and said call me this from now on. or said he was in witness protection.

Comment

Good point about the "johnny boy" thing. I always liked thinking that somewhere Casey had this cute old mom that he would go visit and she would put big plates of food in front of him and say "eat! you probably haven't had a decent meal in months."

Comment

I tweeted joshschwartz asking about casey being a guy named alex who faked his death and how his mother could regconize the name johnnyboy when he called her in 2:11 then I tweeted asking could she be a member of the ring or some other evil group & know that he's alive going by john now.

Comment

I liked the backstory on Casey (Casey...Coburn...Casey...Coburn...). While he doesn't look like an Alex to me (but then Sarah's no Sam, IMO, either), the Coburn does fit.

And the idea of Casey having a daughter? I like it, I have a feeling she'll come into play later this season or perhaps next.

I also liked that even John Casey (or Alex Coburn) was once young and stupid and fell for a line fed by his boss/friend. It was a nice touch.

As for the Johnny thing, yeah that occurred to me too but I also realized (back when I was watching "Chuck vs. the Santa Claus" again) that he probably wasn't calling his actual Mom. I mean, John Casey is his codename and he would probably not call his actual Mother and use that so my first thought was that "Mom" was a codename (perhaps an older woman who had helped him at the NSA?). I even wondered if he was calling Beckman...

But yeah, don't you hate it when shows Joss themselves like that?!

Comment

Yeah I'm guessing he wasn't calling his real mom either. I mean he is a spy after all haha. Plus even though I have been watching from the start, I don't remember that scene with him calling his mom for some reason.

Comment

My sister came up with an idea. She said that Casey probably called a random person and called her "Mom" to protect his cover and so he would look like he was doing what everyone else at the Buy More was doing.

The more I think about this, the more that makes sense to me.

And it resolves the problem of the continuity error.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎