No announcement yet.

Did the Ring aquire the information?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Ring aquire the information?

In the Castle, Ring agents said they have found what they were looking for and transmitted to headquarters. However, at the end Shaw said they blocked the communications, so the information is safe.

Who is right on this? Were the Ring Agents fooled into thinking headquarters received the intel? Or Shaw simply doesn't realize the Ring Agents transmitted the info before he arrived?

If Shaw was wrong, what does that mean for the future missions? What information did Shaw have that the Ring wanted so badly?

Think it means Shaw blocked it totally. They had to have him block it, or their base would be compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by Amar J
      Think it means Shaw blocked it totally. They had to have him block it, or their base would be compromised.
      from communication systems point of view, if you transmit something, it will not tell you that it is successful unless you have received a confirmation. It is that way almost in any call-flow. Even when you pick up a cell phone, and dials the number, the base station will send you a acknowledgment that the number you sent out has been received. without that acknowledgment, you will get the call failed message.

so unless Shaw has faked a "received confirmation" to the bad guys, if the communication is simply blocked, the bad guys will not consider their information as "sent to headquarters".

but maybe that's just the geek in my over thinking things.

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
        from communication systems point of view, if you transmit something, it will not tell you that it is successful unless you have received a confirmation. It is that way almost in any call-flow. Even when you pick up a cell phone, and dials the number, the base station will send you a acknowledgment that the number you sent out has been received. without that acknowledgment, you will get the call failed message.

so unless Shaw has faked a "received confirmation" to the bad guys, if the communication is simply blocked, the bad guys will not consider their information as "sent to headquarters".

but maybe that's just the geek in my over thinking things.
        What you said is logical but remember this is a tv show. WHat you are saying is what should have happened but for the sake of the show they couldnt allow their base info to be compromised

Comment

I was confused too whether The Ring uploaded Shaw's files (like they said) versus Shaw's comments at the end of the show about stopping the transmission. I guess we wait and see.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing and was confused too... I thought, maybe it did get sent and somehow Shaw missed it somehow?

But like Amar said, this is a TV show. Logic doesn't really apply that well.

Comment

I agree that time will tell on this one. It may be that the info did get out, and this will lead to Shaw ultimately leaving the team because he has been exposed.

Though the show has used "the bad guys don't communicate with each other very often or very well" as a plot device many times on the show. So I wouldn't be surprised if all the intel was in fact blocked and every single bad guy is in custody so now the Ring has no idea where the Castle is, who Carmichael is, and they may even have forgotten who Shaw is.

Comment

Lol forgotten who Shaw is I doubt they're that bad since they're supposed to be the BIG BAD but with this show, who knows?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎