Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurley and Alpert never met in the 70's???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurley and Alpert never met in the 70's???

Hugo says "Dude u look the same as u did 30 years ago..." to Alpert.. Thing is they never met in season 5... How the hell does Hurley know Alpert... BIG gaffe by the writers in the "final" season.... C'mon writers, I know Hurley speaks for the viewer, but ur better than that, at least I hope...

After re watching the scene if you let Jack ask Alpert about age it makes sense.. Wonder if Hurley read a line meant for Jack, and they never caught or bothered to fix it...

Comment

hmmm your right dont think they ever met. dont think hurley said jacks line just cause jack would never say dude lol.

Comment

Dude, Hurley doesn't have to meet Alpert to know that Alpert does not look a day pass 30 years just by looking at him now with the knowledge that Alpert as a 30 year old man that existed in 1977. He would have also heard that Alpert was looking the same as before from the other guys. So it is still very possible for him to say that.

Comment

Ok but ur assuming they have met in 77 which in the eps they were in 77 he DIDN'T.. Locke met him in 54, Sawyer in 74, JACK, KATE and SAYID met him in 77 when they were dealing with the Others and the bomb... But Hurley NEVER met Alpert, so why assume this in a "final" season?? This aint Smallville writing.. Hurley has never met Alpert period.. And the next time characters explain stuff to each other on the show like instead of the usual "It's not important right now", will be the first...

Jorge could have read the line meant for Fox and then went on with his lines asking if he was a machine ect... Lost has never had an "Offscreenville" to it ever and to do this in season 6 is both funny and sad...

Comment

It could've been meant that Hurley had seen Alpert before. If Sawyer was always dealing with Richard in the 70's, there could've been a moment when Hurley saw Richard but it was just not shown to us. I think this was an issue back in the day with the show where the writers have said things happen off screen, we're not seeing everything that happens but just everything that's important. I think that was a point to the Paulo/Nikki episode. All those things happened, we just didn't see them until they became relevant.

Honestly, I think they just had that line of dialouge so they could have Hurley make reference to Richard being a terminator or cyborg. But this happens quite a few times in Lost. Another example is why does Desmond make a big deal about Ben being at the docks (before he revealed he had a gun) when Desmond had only met Ben twice? Or this could just be a continuity error where the writer (which I believe was Elizabeth Sarnoff) thought Hurley had met Richard before.

Comment

Well there are plenty of things off screen that we don't see. But dude, Jack identified Richard at the time, so Hurley could put two and two together. Which is why he is more direct and asked him why he look the same having just met each other.

Comment

Agree with McFly here, it's a writing goof that lacks the consistency/logic it could have had if they had simply had Jack make the remark instead.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎