No announcement yet.

Now that Zod has powers...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    We have seen that AI Jor El is capable of giving and taking away Kryptonian powers at will. And he can do this for both humans and Kryptonians. Clark should just ask him to neutralize Zod and other super-powered Kandorians in the coming episodes. End of story.
    One of the worst things about Jor-El, he can do all these amazing things but only when the plot calls for it.

Comment

I thought Zod would use Jor-el's death to manipulate Clark AND I thought Zod would use the truth about Clark destroying the towers to manipulate the Kandorians and he did neither. But I'm still going to vote that he's going to manipulate the Kandorians. I just don't trust this guy! I will be very pleasantly surprised if he proves me wrong once again.

Originally posted by herolee10
      Did anyone else notice that Zod was in the same stance and pose that Clark was in as he attempted to fly off from the statue of liberty in Savior? Heck their falls were similar as well, only Zod was able to actually succeed in flying.

The very naive side of me wants to believe that they're preparing Clark to eventually fly soon, but hey i've been wrong before..so oh well.lol
      Nice observation about the similar falls. After Zod flew away that's what I thought. Clark will have to fly to defeat him. But... I'm trying not to get my hopes up with this show. *sigh*
      Last edited by ginnyfan; 02-28-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
        Nice observation about the similar falls. After Zod flew away that's what I thought. Clark will have to fly to defeat him. But... I'm trying not to get my hopes up with this show. *sigh*
        It would be awesome if that was the epic battle between Clark and Zod. I think if Clark is going to beat him, the best way would be for him to learn to fly too.
        But, like you said, I unfortunatly doubt that's going to happen.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Someone above posted that they did not know why Zod would seek vengeance on Clark.
          I hope I have not misinterpretated Blue's portrayal of Zod, but my impression is that he is a megalomaniac. I think Clark's assessment of him in Disciple was bang on. Zod needs an army to lead. His ego demands it and in his mind at least the end justifies the means.
          Had he felt any loyalty to Clark for saving his life, he would have indicated to Clark that he too now had powers.
          I think as others have pointed out (BTW Terrific T, I really liked your post), Zod and Clark will confront each other on EQUAL footing. This means that he will soon acquire the ability to Fly.
          I think his ability to fly will be a by-product of his confession to Lois i.e He is the RBB.

Comment

Zod = Bad News

Originally posted by u2rocks2009
            Hey Everyone,

Someone above posted that they did not know why Zod would seek vengeance on Clark.
            I hope I have not misinterpretated Blue's portrayal of Zod, but my impression is that he is a megalomaniac. I think Clark's assessment of him in Disciple was bang on. Zod needs an army to lead. His ego demands it and in his mind at least the end justifies the means.
            Had he felt any loyalty to Clark for saving his life, he would have indicated to Clark that he too now had powers.
            I think as others have pointed out (BTW Terrific T, I really liked your post), Zod and Clark will confront each other on EQUAL footing. This means that he will soon acquire the ability to Fly.
            I think his ability to fly will be a by-product of his confession to Lois i.e He is the RBB.
            Hope you are right about the flying bit. I agree with you completely about Zod though. In my book, his deceit concerning his returned powers at the end of the last episode has proved his true character. He is not working for the good of the Kandorians or for anyone but himself. He may not even realize the truth yet himself.

Comment

This season will end with someone close to clark dying because of zod...clark will realize he cannot trust his kryptonian side and push all kandorians away...In yet another example of his constant overreaction he will put on a blue k ring and run off to metropolis to rob banks and steal cars...but as a HUMAN

Comment

I'm confused. Can Zod's blood give powers, or do they need Clark's blood???

Comment

If he doesn't use his blood, he will surely find some way for them to get their powers.

Comment

It's the logical thing to do you would think but Zod is selfish and wouldn't want a threat to his superiority no matter how loyal his soldiers are to him.

Comment

Zod is not likely to turn pacifist with those powers and become a force for good.

[SPOILER] With the FoS looking like Union Station in the previews, it appears he takes them all up there to give them their 'birthright', which I believe are their powers. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Now that Zod has his powers, he'll try to convince Lois that he's the Blur.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                          Now that Zod has his powers, he'll try to convince Lois that he's the Blur.

Now, that would be funny! But Clark would want to kill him!

Comment

Powers? What powers?

I seriously doubt that Zod will give any power to his subordinates. In fact, it's more likely that he won't even reveal to them that he has any.

Zod seems very interested in being in authority but he also seems to recognize that this authority does not come directly from might. He wants to win over the hearts of the Kandorians the same way he has in the past- thru his charisma and personality- as Clark has done. He wants to be better than Clark on every level, so he'll want to make him look fallible in their eyes before he reveals his new power.

Giving everybody powers will have two effects:
                            1) make the show suckier (if that's at all possible) and more expensive on the FX front
                            2) make people with divided loyalties into potential super-obstacles.

So, yeah. If at all, it'll only be those most fanatically loyal to Zod who get the powers. Of course, this is assuming he can give the powers away at all.

And remember that there's still a REAL Zod and company in the Phantom Zone, so this one can drop dead as far as continuity is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Firesong
                              Faora and her sister were so angry about that when they were talking to Clark, and if they knew it was him who took away their way to get powers, they would turn on him instantly.

Uh, if I remember correctly, Faora was upset about the destruction of the towers. Not Vala. Vala never even commented on the towers so what her reaction about that is anyone's guess. But seeing how she was faithful to Clark and seeing how Clark saved her I don't think she'll turn on Clark. Also because of him she was given the choice to live as a human. Something she didn't have while on krypton.

Faora on the other hand. Once she realizes that Clark destroyed the towers she'll immeidatley be 100% loyal to Zod and will label Clark as a traitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎