Quotes from "Persuasion"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark: I want you to go back to the way you were.
    Emil: There are no backsies in this lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
      Clark: I want you to go back to the way you were.
      Emil: There are no backsies in this lifetime.
      I was trying to remember that one! I loved that one too! Emil talking like a stoner was fantastic!

Comment

Clark (to Lois): You ARE home.
        There were so many great quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizz Lane
          Clark: "I promise we'll always be together.."
          Lois: "forever?...do you mean it?"
          Clark's epiphany!: " I do."
          I love the choice of wording. It was such perfect symbolism for Clark and Lois's future as a married couple. I could listen to Clark say "I do" over and over.

*happy sigh*

Comment

Clark:If you were really under command to protect me, then why didn't you let me kill her??Chloe:Because sometimes protecting you means protecting you from yourself. You're something we all have to believe in. Nothing can compromise that.
            A great line from Chloe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron_Who
              Was it sis? I know it would have made zero sense, but I could have sworn she said Tess. I had to rewind that scene a couple of times because I was like, "Huh? Did she just say Tess?!" *scratches head*
              Yes apparently Lois and the General did find Lucy (her sister) again after she escaped with Lex' car - although we didn't hear about it until now

Comment

Here are the majority of Quotes from Clark and Lois during this episode. Loved almost ALL of them. Enjoy!

Lois: -on Clarks Shoulders- Sorry about the heels, I need the inches.

Clark: It's valentines day, we should be out having dinner together.. by candle light.

Clark: Lois.. you're kind of overreacting.. even for you.
                Lois: History has proven that if I embrace v-day in any romantic way at all, it always ends in disaster.

Fairy Girl: Valentine for the lady?
                Clark: No thank you.. she doesn't really-
                Lois: Actually.. -takes chocolates- what? I didn't have dinner.

Fairy Girl: Happy valentines day -blows fairy dust-
                Lois: Whoa.. easy with the pixie dust there, tinker bell.

Clark: Lois, maybe we should put our relationship before work just for tonight and..
                Lois: Hold hands? You could come on your horse and buggy.. all we need is a chaperone. Sounds mighty Traditional.
                Clark: And what's wrong with that?

Clark: ..You wanted to avoid the whole Valentines day thing thing right?
                Lois: Anything for your career, sweetie.

Co-worker: Lane?
                Lois: Here's the scoop buddy, a traditional woman does not spend her time in the office, when she can be at home taking care of her man! I quit!

Lois: -taking out the pie in the oven- Hey Sweetie pie! Welcome home!
                Clark: Lois, what's going on?
                Lois: I moved in.. but don't worry, I'm camped out in the guest room until we get engaged!
                Clark: Engaged?
                Lois: Mhm!

Lois: -cutting burnt roast- Move over betty crocker, I have got this cooking thing down. How's your pot roast?
                Clark: Oh.. it's delicious. -gives shelby it-

Clark: What if I miss the old Lois?
                Lois: It's too late.. I quit my job at the Planet.
                Clark: You did what?
                Lois: Yeah, now.. instead of being chained to my desk all day, I get to be your ball and chain.

Lois: Now my life is with you. For better or for worse, for richer.. and for poorer.
                Clark: Lois, what are you talking about?
                Lois: Uhh.. You're absolutely right, what kind of adjective is poorer? Someone's going to need an editor.... For their vows.
                Clark: Right... you know, Lois, there's something at the office that I need to.. investigate.

-Clark checks his phone, and it's a text from Lois saying 911-

Lois: -crying-
                Clark: Lois? Are you alright? What's the emergency?
                Lois: Ohh, u-um. F-false alarm.
                Clark: You sure? 'Cause you seem kind of...
                Lois: Kind of pathetic.. right? I mean, why bother going through all the motions, Clark? This moving in idea was a joke!
                Clark: You're not yourself right now.
                Lois: Come on! I'm not stupid. I could tell that you just hated that burnt brick of meat.
                Clark: ..Let's get you some water.
                Lois: J-Just stop trying to sugar coat it, Clark. I-I am not good for you Clark. Chloe was right to protect you from me.
                Clark: Chloe can be over-protective sometimes!
                Lois: No.. she hit the target head on. She said that it was gonna wreck us, and she's right. Clark I don't- I don't know the first thing about family time, or dinners at home.. I don't.
                Clark: Lois, I'm glad you're opening up to me. But there's something else going on here..
                Lois: You're right. something is going on. I've made a fool of myself long enough. It hurts me to be around you. I have to leave you, Clark. Leave Smallville.
                Clark: Lois, Lois, you need to sleep on this. I-I promise, things will look better in the morning.
                Lois: No, they won't. Clark, I'm a big girl, I can pull myself up on my own boot traps, thank you very much. I just, I'd hope i'd be able to pull it off, the whole.. making a home thing.
                Clark: Lois stop! You ARE home.
                Lois: No.. A home is for real. For always and forever. Not this. Goodbye, Smallville.
                Clark: Lois, you can't leave, not yet. I promise we'll be together, Always and..
                Lois: Forever? Do you mean it?
                Clark: I do.
                *kisss*
                Lois: Guess we can move my stuff out of the guestroom now.

Lois: -on the phone- Oh, Mrs. K.. Can I really? ....Thanks so much! But actually I'm wearing it right now! I found it in the back of your closet. ....I know. Clark will just love it. ....Thanks... Mom.
                -Dances-
                Lois: Okay, I have breaking news, Sis! Brace yourself. I am getting married. -Screams-
                -Dances-
                Lois: C'mon dad, can't we just hitch a carrier to Greece? I'm only getting married once!
                -Dances-

Clark: -On the phone- Yeah, mom, about the engagement, there was a miscommunication.

Clark: My mom says.. when you're ready you can borrow it? Do you have any idea what she's talking about?
                Lois: Nope! Heh.. It's greek to me!
                Clark: Speaking of Greece, your dad left a message..
                Lois: Oh, you know what? I-I just need to make a few phone calls.. Donna Ried on Crack (?) I-I just am never gonna EVER buy chocolate from another fairy, I promise you, I wasn't myself, I don't know what she put in that stuff.
                Clark: It's too bad, I kind of liked your outfit.
                Lois: You really are an old fashioned romantic, aren't you?

Lois: Maybe I just need to trust that what we have is something more.

Lois: R-Right, when you asked me to move in with you here, I know it seemed like a good idea at the time-
                Clark: It-It wasn't my-
                Lois: And, about the whole proposal, it was a dream come true level of.. wow. But um, things are moving a little too fast for me.
                Clark: Right. I don't know what I was thinking. We should just stick to our plan and take things slow.

Lois: Clark if you had a really big secret, would you trust me with it?
                Clark: You're the most trustworthy person I know.

Lois: I'm just afraid that my big mouth will wreck our relationship one day.
                Clark: Don't worry, Lois. It's not going to be that easy to get rid of me.

Comment

I absolutley loved all the dialogue between Lois and Clark. But my favorite was when he said, "Lois stop. You ARE home."

Then I loved the Chloe and Lois part. It was too sad!

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotClois

Lois: -cutting burnt roast- Move over betty crocker, I have got this cooking thing down. How's your pot roast?
                    Clark: Oh.. it's delicious. -gives shelby it-

Lois: -on the phone- Oh, Mrs. K.. Can I really? ....Thanks so much! But actually I'm wearing it right now! I found it in the back of your closet. ....I know. Clark will just love it. ....Thanks... Mom.
                    -Dances-
                    Lois: Okay, I have breaking news, Sis! Brace yourself. I am getting married. -Screams-
                    -Dances-
                    Lois: C'mon dad, can't we just hitch a carrier to Greece? I'm only getting married once!
                    -Dances-
                    Love 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotClois
                      I get to be your ball and chain.
                      Died laughing at that one! Seems like something the unaffected Lois would say just as a joke...but not really.

I'm a big girl, I can pull myself up on my own boot traps, thank you very much. I just, I'd hope i'd be able to pull it off, the whole.. making a home thing.
                      she put in that stuff.
                      This, in tandem with what Chloe had told her earlier, broke my heart. She's always saying that to Clark whenever he tries to help her, and usually whenever she really was on her own. It was so sad to hear her say that in this context.

Clark: Don't worry, Lois. It's not going to be that easy to get rid of me.
                      Alot of characters have said this to one another, but to hear CLARK say that to Lois was just beyond amazing...coupled with the "you are home" comment, it just completed the episode for me, as far as their relationship.

Comment

Lois: "I'm never gonna buy chocolate from another fairy"

Comment

Originally posted by Nanda Lane

Emil was AWESOME! So funny... Love him.

Ann Coffel Saunders hit it out of the park. So many great lines. She just became my favorite writer.
                          I was just going to say, Emil had the best lines last night. LOL

Comment

Lois to Clark~ Never let you forget your the man!

Comment

Lois: Instead of being chained to a desk, I'll be your ball and chain"

Emil to Clark: "Maybe you don't need to do anything, maybe you just need to chill". The look on Clark's face was priceless!

Comment

All the posts above are wonderful.

Didn't Lois also inject a bit of her wonderful sarcasm also when she addressed the embrassing couple with that teddy comment. Something like, nice teddy, but she's not six years old. Next time get her a silk one.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎