Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Persuasion"

Talk about the special effects of the episode here!

should be some interesting stuff with the gemstone kryptonite and what ever else goes down in the episode. Though i could also see this episode maybe being less super powers type of episode.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      should be some interesting stuff with the gemstone kryptonite and what ever else goes down in the episode. Though i could also see this episode maybe being less super powers type of episode.
      I agree, I don't think this one's going to be filled to the brim with powers, but it will feature loads of Smallville's #1 special effect: Erica Durance. Although it kinda goes against what a "special effect" is...I mean this in a really good way. After seeing Erica in interviews and such she is soooo darn nice and down to earth. I think I'm in love with her.

Comment

The end scene was nothing short of, for lack of a better word, awesome.

Comment

...and I'm totally wrong. Not only was there just the right amount of Erica, but this ep was chock FULL of special effects. The towers at the end, Clark's fire ring around Tess, even the fairy dust in the opening act.

Comment

I have to say, I was uncomfortable with the falling towers at the end...but there was a lot of firepower sfx in this ep! I actually liked all of them tonight. None of them felt or looked cheesy and there was just enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
              I have to say, I was uncomfortable with the falling towers at the end...but there was a lot of firepower sfx in this ep! I actually liked all of them tonight. None of them felt or looked cheesy and there was just enough.
              I understand the awkwardness of the scene now, after watching it again. (I guess I was just over excited the first time...) I'm sure, though, that it was completely unintentional.

Comment

yea i am surprised we got alot of sfx shots tonight. I thought this would have been an episode to do less and all that. But i liked the gemstone kryptonite getting inhaled by clark, the blue eyes effect when infected, and clark's heatvision scene with tess, and then burning the towers down. That was wicked as hell.

Comment

loved the special effects during Tess and Chloe's fight, especially at the end when Tess throws Chloe on her back and they showed it like in slow motion, very cool. Also, wow when Clark uses his hot eyes lol very intimidating, if I didn't know Clark better, I almost thought he would kill Tess, amazing job

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

the heat vision was used amazingly tonight, the tower scene really kicked butt
                  Last edited by Tatiana; 02-19-2010, 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I was quite happy with Clark's heat vision in this episode, especially when he used it to make a ring of fire around him and Tess.

The destruction of the towers was cool, but it bothered me when we saw them falling down. There are people on the ground and buildings surrounding them that could have people in them. Come to think of it, how could Clark be sure no one was in the towers? I guess he could have x-rayed them, but still. He seemed a little careless there. However, I am very happy that he was finally proactive and took action.

Comment

well it was stated in the episode a few times it was an empty building and hasnt opened yet. Plus remember he has good control with his powers nowadays. So he probably shot his heat vision in the right places to make it be like an implosion so it just fell into itself. As we saw with zod and the reporters who were outside the contruction zone they were safe.

Comment

The last scene of the building falling down was pretty awesome.....

Comment

holy crap this episode had so many special effects.....sort of made up for warrior ...imo......i loved this episode!

Comment

Amazing, the towers coming down from heat vision... awesome

clarks ring of fire ... was cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                              well it was stated in the episode a few times it was an empty building and hasnt opened yet. Plus remember he has good control with his powers nowadays. So he probably shot his heat vision in the right places to make it be like an implosion so it just fell into itself. As we saw with zod and the reporters who were outside the contruction zone they were safe.
                              Oh. I guess I missed where they said it was empty.

Okay, I'm happy now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎