Superman: The Man Of Steel (2013)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing Man of Steel on Friday I am convinced that it is the best Superman movie meaning of all ones made for the Big Screen. It's a terrific.

Superman is shown as a flawed relatable character, there is a teaser for a future super villain in the movie before the ending, topnotch action as violent as Superman fighting Doomsday yep no holding back which creates vast property damage also a high risk of people getting hurt or killed making it realistic since these individuals with incredible strength fighting that can easily break steel, Superman's speed looks like he could be moving as Fast as Speed of Light, Superman and other Kryptonians show off their incredible speed including during fights.

Superman shows off why he is Superman including holding up a falling parts of some buidling out in the water, outstanding visual depection of Krypton looks real, you see Clark both as a kid plus as a adult and get a idea of where his morals, Krypton techonology is incredible Jor EL dies but there is a tool that shows Jor El's conciousness that resembles a Hologram so he's able to still give information.
    Zod, Superman, Lois Lane, Jor EL, Perry White, Faora, etc no body was miscast all terrific acting.

Zod is the wretchedest Super Villain DC Comics Big Screen Movie History. He was using a gravity weapon to alter the atmosphere so that it would be the same as on Krypton, since things go up then fastly come down this would kill all human beings so Genocide of Human Beings, a threat to the entire Earth, also would kill all animals so genocide to all animals.
    So once again this proves you can reuse a Super Villain, it won't be a repeat of the how they were depicted in a previous movie, and the story won't be a repeat of the movie they were in before.
    The motive for Zod is made clear nothing between the lines just a straight foward all his actions no matter how violent or cruel he says for the Greater Good of his people the Kryptonians which makes all the more terrorfying.
    This is Like the Nolan Batman movies highly serious, and the stakes are high, there are funny or light moments in this movie like The Avengers but not done so many times.
    Also you'll see Clark Kent putting on his glasses, introducing himself to Lois Lane and others since he gets a job at The Daily Planet.
    Multiple cool lines in this movie.

This Lois Lane not only can she write stories as a reporter and can fight when needed including the Female Kryptonian that serves General Zod Faora. Humans prove they can be as valiant as Superman incuding both Superman's biological dad and second dad , multiple moral lessons including Clark saving a bully that recently antagonized him from drowning, Clark pushed down by other guys talked to by his dad doesn't fight but wanted proving to be human like us, the same bully that Clark saved shows the same compassion by holding out his hand to pull him up.

Comment

• Still 11 days left, before it's release over here. Hopefully, Armchair Directors, will have their review out before that.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Man of Steel has made $151m world wide already.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-...e-philippines/

The decision to cast British actor Henry Cavill as Superman is paying off in his home country, where the tentpole scores the best opening-day gross of 2013 so far.
        Last edited by maasaloo; 06-15-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• plus the 109 million euros it had produced before hand (the figure that broke The Lorax´s record) I think its safe to asume, this movie has already Surpassed its budget and it still has today and sunday to make more money, at least in my country (Mexico) Sunday is the most common day to go to the movies... btw I had had the budget at 170 mil (dont remember where I got the number) but now in Box Office Mojo it appears as 225 mil, does anyone know which one is the correct one?

Comment

• I thought Henry did a good job portraying superman. After seeing the movie, I think they made a good choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal-ed
              plus the 109 million euros it had produced before hand (the figure that broke The Lorax´s record) I think its safe to asume, this movie has already Surpassed its budget and it still has today and sunday to make more money, at least in my country (Mexico) Sunday is the most common day to go to the movies... btw I had had the budget at 170 mil (dont remember where I got the number) but now in Box Office Mojo it appears as 225 mil, does anyone know which one is the correct one?

Hmm not sure I heard it was $175m budget but then Snyder wanted a few more action sequences. So that may be where the 225 figure comes in. also they converted the footage to 3D after filming was over.

Comment

• Man of Steel has taken $113m over the weekend. So over the first week it's made $125m domestic (North American box office)

Comment

• doesnt that include, today, how can we have a number if there´s still an entire day yet to pass?

EDIT: oh you mean so far... good, I guess if it pulls a number similar to say, friday, we could be nearing the 150 right?

EDIT2: saw the movie last night again, for all you Smallville rascals, when Clark is being bullied, Pa Kent is (dunno, guess he´s buying something) in a place called Sullivan´s
                  Last edited by Kal-ed; 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

doesnt that include, today, how can we have a number if there´s still an entire day yet to pass?

EDIT: oh you mean so far... good, I guess if it pulls a number similar to say, friday, we could be nearing the 150 right?
                    Yeah it's so far $125m domestic and it's up to $151.1m if you include the world wide figures for week 1. They work it by using god knows what formula.

Next week it opens up in numerous countries including China.

Comment

• I went to see it last night, 11 pm and it was packed, more so, we had a pretty strong earthquake, they said 5.9 in the richter scale but I´ve been through a couple of 6s and 7s and this is probably the strongest I´ve felt; anyhow, they evacuated us, some people refused to leave their seats and after they let us back in, save a few old ladies that had blood pressure problems, the rest of the people stayed to watch the movie. When the earthquake started, I was sitting there thinking "nah, I dont remember paying for a 4D experience"
                      Last edited by Kal-ed; 06-16-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• it was Superman and Zod's battle. it could be felt anywhere with the amount of destruction they caused.

Comment

• i was expecting at least one of them to enter crashing through the ceiling but no such luck

Comment

I went to see it last night, 11 pm and it was packed, more so, we had a pretty strong earthquake, they said 5.9 in the richter scale but I´ve been through a couple of 6s and 7s and this is probably the strongest I´ve felt; anyhow, they evacuated us, some people refused to leave their seats and after they let us back in, save a few old ladies that had blood pressure problems, the rest of the people stayed to watch the movie. when the earthquake started, I was sitting there thinking "nah, I dont remember paying for a 4D experience"
                            LOL no wonder 4D isn't catching on. Personally I'm so far behind that I prefer 2D still.

Comment

i was expecting at least one of them to enter crashing through the ceiling but no such luck
                              nah i wouldn't hope for that. it would be you guys being stuck underneath rubble with Superman failing to save you from getting killed or Zod using you as a way to test his heat vision to slice you in half.

Comment

• are you kidding me?? It would be an honor to die from a heat vision blast, can you imagine how cool my obituary would be? my parents dont have to pay for my incineration, its a win-win situation

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎