No announcement yet.

Just call him captain marvel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just call him captain marvel

its obviously suppose to be him LOL sigh ah well to bad they couldnt get the rights to the name just for one episode..

who?

Comment

I loved the Captain marvel reference with Warrior Angel as a rip off comicbook.

Comment

Shazzaaam!

Comment

who says they can not get the rights to the name

Comment

Yaaayyy I wasnt the only one who noticed
            I enjoy Nods and allusions.

Comment

Anyone notice how much Warrior Angel looked like Howie Mandel. Also the scene with Chloe, Warrior Angel and the Xbox being very similar to the Tom Hanks bunk bed scene in BIG.

Comment

^Haha, except Chloe wasn't being a whore like the chick from Big.

That said, Allison Mack did a wonderful job. She said she researched Big before she even received the script.

Comment

yeah Id say one would have to see that movie before to an episode like this

Comment

yea it would have been nice if it could have fully been captain marvel as it looked like it was going to be. But dam the whole rights thing is always an issue with the show.

Comment

As I'v mentioned in another post, it is a missed opportunity not to have used Captain Marvel instead. The similarities are there. So what was the problem? Was Captain off limit to SV?

Comment

I'd rather Smallville go with a nod then a full blown hero. Mainly because having a superhero pop in every episode is kinda annoying to me. It quickly becomes "Hey Looks it's a hero" show.

Comment

Maybe they feared Marvel comics. Would have been a nice bit of one upmanship over Marvel's eventual movie of the Captain Marvel rip off clone, Marvelman. Maybe they're planning that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto~Luan
                            Yaaayyy I wasnt the only one who noticed
                            I enjoy Nods and allusions.
                            I freakin' HATE it! That's all this show is now.

Yes, Alec Abrams is indeed supposed to be Billy Batson. We got some real cryptographers working on this show since the writer's strike, eh?

Yes, I saw Etrigan at the KomiK convention.

Yes, I saw Lois as Wonder Woman.

Yes, I saw the Captain Boomerang reference.

Yes, i heard them say "Superfriends" again. Woo-hoo. i'm so excited i forgot to capitalize my "I".

Yes, I got the "World's Finest" reference.

Yes, I got the "with great power comes great responsibility" Valentine.

Yes, I saw Clark rip his shirt to expose his "S". Wowwee. In my town that's a class B misdemeanor.

Yes, I saw Billy Batson or whateverthehell his name is with the Wonder Woman logo on his shirt. And...?

Yes, the drawing of the RBB with glasses was cutesy.

Actually, as Smallville episodes go this was probably one of the better ones. And I couldn't get enough Allison Mack if you ground her up into pills and told me I had to take one every 30 seconds. Excellent job, Ms. Mack, considering what you were presented to work with.

Could it be that this show is on the way to an upswing? Will the writing as well as the directing only improve from here? Or is this just a peak in a series of troughs?
                            Last edited by Baron Karza; 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

yea the character is like batman and wonder woman off limits right now. there has been a film in the works off and on the past 3 or so years with at different points a director attached the rock was lined up to be black adam the lead villain, and geoff johns and another writer been writing a script off and on the past yr or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎