No announcement yet.

Dean (sad face)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean (sad face)

So, when Famine told Dean 'he's empty inside' or 'dead' does that mean that Dean has kinda just given up or might that mean that Dean was brought back from Hell without a soul? Just curious others opinions.

I mean the boys have been through a lot, it would make since that Dean was broken inside....

OMG Dean without a soul? That just breaks my heart right there. I think his experience there took it from him. It was so horrible for him, that it was lost.

Comment

I think he still has a soul, I just think it meant he feels he has no reason to go on other than to fight this war (and he might be cracking there). Everything else is pointless and material and he doesn't really care for it.

Comment

Jensen's acting at the end just saved the episode for me. Just like he TOTALLY saved "I Know What You Did Last Summer." The rest of it was pretty average. Once again, JA knocks it out of the frickin' park!

Comment

I kinda got to the impression that dean might get to the point were his doesn't trust sam to fight sam's blood addiction and he is about to say yes to michael so he will find a way to remove sam's addiction but lucifer convinces sam that lucifer can me trusted more than michael and the lucifer will stop michael and give sam back his body addiction free if sam will let lucifer use his temporarily vessel then becasuse both brothers are trying to get rid of sam's addiction they each choose a different angel to trust and we end up getting sam against dean becuase sam trusted lucifer more then michael and dean trusted michael more then lucifer but neither really trusted either angel fully.
          Last edited by krpto; 02-12-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
            So, when Famine told Dean 'he's empty inside' or 'dead' does that mean that Dean has kinda just given up or might that mean that Dean was brought back from Hell without a soul? Just curious others opinions.

I mean the boys have been through a lot, it would make since that Dean was broken inside....
            Dean's been feeling that way for a while. Look at all he has been through in the past two seasons. Heck a few weeks ago Jo died and last season he told Sam he was tired of burying people he cared about. I know from experience that when you are put through alot of experiences like that you just shut down and start caring less for just about everything around you. I mean he was told last week it doesnt matter what he does, the results will be the same no matter what. He's getting to a point where he thinks there is nothing left to do on his end. Its enough to make a man feel broken inside.

Comment

Originally posted by obsessedwithsv
              I think he still has a soul, I just think it meant he feels he has no reason to go on other than to fight this war (and he might be cracking there). Everything else is pointless and material and he doesn't really care for it.
              I agree. And proof that he doesn't really care about material things is when he didn't go out on Valentine's Day to "get some."

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                Dean's been feeling that way for a while. Look at all he has been through in the past two seasons. Heck a few weeks ago Jo died and last season he told Sam he was tired of burying people he cared about. I know from experience that when you are put through alot of experiences like that you just shut down and start caring less for just about everything around you. I mean he was told last week it doesnt matter what he does, the results will be the same no matter what. He's getting to a point where he thinks there is nothing left to do on his end. Its enough to make a man feel broken inside.
                Definitely, and I think that'll lead him towards saying yes. A broken man has nothing left to lose and simply won't care about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by obsessedwithsv
                  I agree as well. Dean's been through a lot more than Sam. He feels as though nothing that he does will ever change things. He feels defeated, but he will continue to fight. We asked for help in the end, that was a very emotional scene. He has now fully realized that he can't do it by himself and he was asking "GOD?" for some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                    I had totally forgotten about Dean saying he's tired of burying people he cared about (On The Head Of A Pin).

Right now, it really feels like what Dean does doesn't matter. Especially after Cupid revealed that heaven made John meet Mary. Sam also fell of the wagon (which wasn't his fault given Famine)...but still, it's enough to break Dean even more.

Comment

Dean still has a soul. Just because he's feeling empty and helpless doesn't mean he doesn't have a soul. That makes Dean human. Famine's revelation about Dean feeling dead inside and then Dean asking for help might indicate that he'll say yes to Michael but then again it might not, especially when you take into account the episode earlier this season where he traveled five years in the future. If Dean has felt dead inside since he came back from hell, then he would have said yes to Michael after that episode but he didn't. I'm not so sure that Dean was asking heaven for help with the Apocalypse or for help in feeling less broken. I don't think his request for heavenly aid was clear about that. I also don't think that Sam will say yes to Lucifer, especially not to cure his urge to drink demon blood. He'd been doing a pretty good job of controlling his desire for it since he rejoined Dean. He knows that he's Lucifer's vessel and I think if he was really that concerned about his urge he would have said yes to Lucifer after he realized that Lucifer was posing as Jessica. I really think that posing as Jessica was a dumb move since Jessica was killed by a demon that was in Lucifer's employ. Not real enticing reasons to get your vessel to give him your body.

Comment

I think it's because he doesn't see a future for himself. It's not that he's given up. He's still fighting. But I think you could see in the recognition in his own eyes, the realisation that he's not fighting for himself at all... that if they did end up doing the unthinkable and stopping heaven AND hell, he wouldn't really know what to do next... cause HIS life hasn't been a priority for a long time.

Comment

maybe dean doesnt desire anything because hes been to hell and hes just so grateful to be out that thats what he really desired. That maybe the one thing he wanted more than anything came true

Comment

I don't know... this whole depression thing is wearing thin for me. I get it. He's been to Hell and back. He's sad. Take it like a man.

[Mod Edit]
                            Last edited by Lexgirl33; 02-14-2010, 07:56 PM. Reason: Violation of rule #2

Comment

It would be terrible writing if they just had Dean "take it like a man".

It would be false pretense and only show how Hell is just a "somewhat awful place" to be in, and it's not. That's why he's still very much depressed even a year or so after leaving that place. The writers are making things realistic, hence why he is still heartbroken over a.) being in Hell for four months, and b.) torturing people for three months.

And also, after watching the last two episodes, it's made me think that when Sam died back in season two, the reason there isn't any talk of what happened to him is because I think he went into some kind of purgatory and most likely would've raised up from the dead from maybe a spell or something since he's meant to become Lucifer's main vessel.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎