No announcement yet.

Possibly the last episode ever

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly the last episode ever

Im interested to see where Heroes goes from here. Its speculation that this past season finale may be the last episode ever. What do you think??

I dont think that this season finale is the last episode, they would not have hinted at a volume six if they were going to end heroes. If they were going to end heroes I think that being the last episode of the show they would have done some justice and closed it in away that the viewers would know that is it no more heroes, this clearly looks open for another season. Lets hope that an annoucement is made soon.
    Last edited by Kams1982; 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: Needed to add more.

Comment

I think its over....

Comment

There probably will be another season but if NBC cancels it then they can't do anything about it.

Comment

Even though the ratings have gone down considerably, NBC has nothing that would replace Heroes and it still does decently well. But if NBC happened to cancel Heroes then hopefully another network would pick it up that could benefit.

Comment

I think its over. The fact they have not renewed it yet proves to me its gone. NBC has almost 20 pilots ready for next year, so they are prepared to go with something new if need be. The last part is NBC still hasn't recovered from losing I think its over. The fact they have not renewed it yet proves to me its gone. NBC has almost 20 pilots ready for next year, so they are prepared to go with something new if need be. The sad part is NBC still hasn't recovered from losing West Wing on Sundays after football is over.

Comment

Please. I would put money on NBC renewing Heroes. Reeves points out that NBC has 20 pilots ready for next year. You know what? That means that they're ready NOW. What's on NBC currently that gets viewers? Chuck. That's IT. Jeff Zucker (head of NBC) and his buddies plowed the company into the ground with his short term gains planning.

The whole thing would be laughable if it weren't so frustrating. First, because Jay Leno is a selfish prick, he decided to hang around NBC after he agreed to leave the Tonight Show. Jeff Zucker decides that because they no longer have any strong shows at 9 pm, this would be the perfect place to stick him with his own show. However, NO ONE WATCHES IT AND THE WHOLE SHOW TANKS. That's not a problem for Zucker and Co. because Jay's show is DIRT cheap to produce, and no matter what, they turn a profit even though it's for a inferior product.

How could it get any worse? Well, since no one is watching at 9pm, there isn't a strong lead in for the news at 10 pm, which is done by local affiliates. Those ratings absolutely die, and the affiliates revolt, but Zucker doesn't give a sh*t about them, saying that if they stop airing Leno, he'll pull ALL of their NBC programing. So with a viewer-less Leno at 9 pm, which leads no one into the 10 pm news, there's absolutely no audience for Conan, which makes the prospect of canning him that more enticing. We all know how that played out.

It's like NBC is run by a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys. There is little to no chance that they won't renew Heroes. They might have all those pilots lined up, but without something relatively strong or at least familiar to pair it with, there's not a chance in hell that anyone will watch something new from the network. I mean, no one gives a damn about "The Marriage Ref" and NBC knows it.

Think about it. What's on Mondays that anyone watches on NBC? Heroes and Chuck. However, NBC chose to stagger those two shows into different halves of the year to get a continuous stream of viewers post Olympics. And "Chuck," which has some relatively loyal and steady viewers, was originally aired with Heroes to grab onto that comic-book crowd. What else does NBC have? Certainly not any of those Dancing shows; that's Fox and ABC. Certainly not 'Lost' because Tuesdays are dominated by ABC, hands down. They really think some stupid variety show is going to pull in viewers? Certainly not Wednesday; who even WATCHES 'Mercy?' It's lauded by basically everyone. Thursday is NBC's strong suit, and all of those shows were renewed. However, there's no way they can break up all those half hour shows into different days without fragmenting how many viewers they get overall. And Friday? Well, Friday is where shows go to DIE.

No, I think it's safe to say that Heroes is pretty safe thanks to Jeff Zucker's incompetence.

Comment

From what i heard nbc hasn't picked up the show yet, but the decisions aren't announced for another few weeks. I htink that it all comes down to the ratings.

Comment

many of the stars of the show are already stating that they don't believe it's coming back and that nbc is just letting the time run out for renewel. they're basically just going to fade it out, almost like pretending it was never there.

at this point i think there won't be a new season. claire showing the world that people like her exist will be the last thing we'll ever see and we'll never find out what happens next. sylar possibly being good and all. who knows what could have happened there. unless they decide to actually do a comic book series based on heroes. that would be cool. they could do all sorts of crazy things and not limit themselves cuz of special effects and money.

Comment

According to Greg Grunberg,Ali Larter and show creator Tim Kring, it's pretty sure that the show will return and although the ratings dropped pretty extreme since the show began, the DVD sales are still #1 and let's face it, the last episode wasn't even near a series finale. I think it's pretty safe to say that even if it's the last season Heroes will be back for the 'Brave New World'.

P.S.
                    Quite from another site:

According to Michael Ausiello, Greg Grunberg told him on the People´s Choice Awards that Heroes is renewed for a fifth season,
                    Greg Grunberg told Ausiello: “We wrapped yesterday and the [final episode] is nowhere near a series finale, It is cliffhanger-y and exciting, but it is nowhere near an end to a series that people are so invested in. It does not tie everything up in a neat bow… I don’t have any doubt that the show will be back.
                    Last edited by Sark; 05-04-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sark
                      According to Greg Grunberg,Ali Larter and show creator Tim Kring, it's pretty sure that the show will return and although the ratings dropped pretty extreme since the show began, the DVD sales are still #1 and let's face it, the last episode wasn't even near a series finale. I think it's pretty safe to say that even if it's the last season Heroes will be back for the 'Brave New World'.

P.S.
                      Quite from another site:

According to Michael Ausiello, Greg Grunberg told him on the People´s Choice Awards that Heroes is renewed for a fifth season,
                      Greg Grunberg told Ausiello: “We wrapped yesterday and the [final episode] is nowhere near a series finale, It is cliffhanger-y and exciting, but it is nowhere near an end to a series that people are so invested in. It does not tie everything up in a neat bow… I don’t have any doubt that the show will be back.
                      all that info came out before the season finale. so it's old news and quotes. it's also been posted here some time back. right now everyone is just wondering what's going on cuz nbc is sure taking its sweet time releasing any news. a report posted on aint it cool news said that it seems like nbc is just letting time pass by to the point where they're just going to phase out the show. but you never know....last minute stuff can happen.

Comment

just another quote from Heroestheseries.com
                        Heroes Will Probably Get a Final 13-Episode Season Order

NBC still has a couple major titles on the bubble for renewal — namely “Chuck” and “Heroes” — but sources indicate both will probably return, with “Heroes” likely receiving a 13-episode “final season” order.
                        “It is all yet to be debated,” [NBC President Angela Bromstad] said. “Both of those shows make sense with the new shows we’ll be bringing on.”

Comment

They could still bring the show back even with the cast moved on they could start with all new characters and maybe have a few characters from the original series have guest apearences mainly people with powers that would let them be in availiable during a long timeline like Sylar, Hiro, Claire, and Peter but mainly be about the new cast and only use the originals for special episodes. They could have the show take place like 25-30 years after the end of the original Heroes and have a grown baby Matt Parkman on the show.

Comment

Let's hope it's Heroes the show they're talking about *crosses fingers*.

Comment

I want this show to come back so bad!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎