Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tess is part of Checkmate ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, I loved that part of the episode. It just gave Tess a whole new level of depth and reason for her actions. I loved it!!!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Jack-El49
    Having Tess an agent for Checkmate rocks and caught me completely off-guard. It surely explains a lot - from Dr. Fate's comments about Lex being Clark's greatest adversary to Tess' actions and her abnormal interest in the existence of aliens. It clearly answers a lot of questions about her motives.

It certainly does, Jack.

Quick question: does Suicide Squad mean that they get killed (ala Icicle) after their "missions"?
    Last edited by hellokitty; 02-05-2010, 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

One of my favorite reveals in the show... like... EVER. Because it can be tied back so far in so many ways...

Checkmate is a secret government operation. Lex worked with government bodies way back when and saw himself as a 'hero' who could save the planet. Tess was established as someone who wanted to 'save the planet', pushed Clark to be a hero and put together the Injustice League. Now we have Waller and Checkmate who have been gathering metahumans and who used Icicle to bring the JSA back into action to help in the coming apocalypse, thus 'saving the planet'. It all ties together and I LOVE THAT. Still keeps Tess firmly on the shadowy side of things and adds a whole new dimension with Waller and co.

Can't wait to see how it plays out. Hopefully with a longer, more satisfying arc than the Injustice League...

Comment

As soon as I heard it, I was like sick.. nice twist. It explained a lot for me with regards to her questionable actions and all the grey area and that. And it rose her to a new level of "uh-oh!"

Comment

I really like where Tess is going this Season I hope she and Amanda interact with Chloe, on regards of the orginization

Comment

Oh my word. I haven't been that floored by a reveal since Clark turned out to be Bizarro!

Comment

Originally posted by kneel4justice
              I really like where Tess is going this Season I hope she and Amanda interact with Chloe, on regards of the orginization
              THIS.

Chloe and Tess have been needing a showdown this entire season especially after Pandora. Those two together have so much potential! Plus adding AW to mix only makes it more impossibly epic!

I don't know anything about the comics but I'm assuming Tess is on the same level as AW since they're both agents right? I think they're going to create a really fantastic dynamic considering they both seemed to have hidden agendas. XD IM SO PUMPED!

Comment

I did really love the Checkmate sub-plot. Love me some Checkmate.

Comment

I loved it because finally it gave me a pov on Tess other than Crazy. Of course it begs the question did Tess get over her head with Zod or did she go native (pandora)

Comment

Biggest reveal in awhile... Waller's interest in Lois has ties to clark I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                      Quick question: does Suicide Squad mean that they get killed (ala Icicle) after their "missions"?
                      They're really supposed to only get "kill switched" if they "stray." (Meaning the go rouge from what they've been assigned to do). The name Suicide Squad actually comes from the idea that the missions people recruited for the Suicide Squad get sent on have a high-risk level and not every one sent out on a mission is expected to survive it.

Comment

When I saw that scene, I was like WTF? Tess is part of Checkmate? I did NOT see that coming! Awesome twist!!!!

Comment

Saw it coming a mile off..

Especially when you think about her little gang of baddies at the end of season 8. TBH when it wasn't her the first time someone in heels walked across that symbol

Comment

That was an amazing twist! I was literally like that --> O_O

Comment

Honestly, I wasn't surprised.

Comment

Omg! I think my jaw hit the floor when Tess was revealed to be part of Checkmate, I so didn't see that coming. I haven't been that surprised since S7 episode Gemini when Clark was revealed as Bizzaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎