• Things we learned this episode.......

Smokey is the man in black
    Man in black wants to go home
    Smokey is allergic to volcano ash
    What the temple looked like
    How people are healed
    The guitar case held that symbol thing the statue held
    The symbol thing has a note in it

thats just some if you have anymore list them.

If the plane never crashed, Desmond would have (for some reason) been on Oceanic flight 815, Hurley is the luckiest guy on Earth (or so he says), and Frogurt, Dr. Arzt, Boone, and Charlie are still alive!
    Jin and Sun are now back in the same time period.
    Miles learned that Juliet somehow knew of the other parallel reality (since she said "It worked.")
    Richard Alpert, at one point, was in chains.
    Cindy is still with the Others.

BTW, the symbol, I believe, is called an ankh.

Comment

Was Desmond really on the plane? I know Rose said she was asleep and didn't see him but I got the impression that Jack was the only one that could see him. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

In the alt. timeline, Jack's father and Locke's suitcase full of knives disappeared somewhere b/n Sydney and LA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight74
        Was Desmond really on the plane? I know Rose said she was asleep and didn't see him but I got the impression that Jack was the only one that could see him. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

In the alt. timeline, Jack's father and Locke's suitcase full of knives disappeared somewhere b/n Sydney and LA.
        I assumed he was real, but than wasn't the reason that they crashed in the first place, Desmond; He failed to enter the Numbers into the computer at the Dharma station And as I remember he was there months before the crash ever happened. Is this part of the mystery of the alternative reality?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I assumed he was real, but than wasn't the reason that they crashed in the first place, Desmond; He failed to enter the Numbers into the computer at the Dharma station And as I remember he was there months before the crash ever happened. Is this part of the mystery of the alternative reality?
          Yeah, I know he was the reason the plane crashed. I think he had been there like 3 years or something. I watched the s1-5 in like a months time so its jumbled in my head. The fact that Jack was the only one that interacted w/him made me think he wasn't real.

I also found it interesting that Kate and Sawyer were still drawn to each other in the alt. reality.

Comment

But, if he wasn't real than wouldn't it make sense that the person Desmond interact with be Hurley or Miles (but he wasn't on the plane).

Comment

unless it was smokey pretending to be desmond but how smokey would get on the plane i have no clue.

Comment

I think Desmond was real and why he was on the plane and in Sydney is something we're probably just gonna have to wait and see.

Comment

I think that Desmond had no boat race because Whitmore would have been on the Island during the explosion as well as both Penelope and Daniel could have not existed as Whitmore and Eloise would be "dead" from the explosion/sinking of the Island.

Comment

Yeah, or if he'd had the boat race, he would've made it. Without the Island, he wouldn't have wrecked, so he'd have continued on his journey, made it the rest of the way, and gone on with life normally.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎