No announcement yet.

Redemption Brave New World Finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption Brave New World Finale

Ok. So I have been a follower of these boards since early season 2. Over the course of my tenure here I have only made a few posts in response to other threads but for the first time I am going to go on a bit of a rant here.

Now I know there have been a million posts and threads on here and on other forums that pertain to Peter obtaining his old ability of Empathic mimicry but I need to vent about it anyway.

I truly believe the best chance that this series has of avoiding cancellation after its 5th season is to leave us with a teaser or cliffhanger that points to peter obtaining the ability to hold onto multiple powers OR actually having his empathic mimicry back.

I have scoured the net and have observed all the discussions online in regards to this and it seems an overwhelming majority of the fan base wants this restored.

I am one to admit that the sole reason I have continued to watch this show was due to the fact that i was anxiously awaiting the restoration of Peter.

It has now come to a point where myself (and many others so it seems) are on our last leg with this series.

I do not buy into the fact that Peter was depowered because he was all powerful... does it make sense? yes, of course it does. However, that arguement loses its flare when they have continued to let sylar pile on the abilities. Granted they have continuously flip flopped with good sylar/bad sylar for this very reason and even that has run its course. Sylar should have been killed off at the end of season 1 even though I love Quinto and the character.

It truly comes across as if the writers have made a majority of this stuff as theyve gone along without ever taking into consideration how certain storythreads/arcs would affect future episodes. It is just careless.

I don't believe, at this point, the show will ever be able to regain the credibility it once had and I am ok with that provided they actually took into consideration what the fanbase truly wants.

And it seems the fanbase is screaming for Peter to be PETER AGAIN! I do not see how any of this is going to be leading up to Future Peter, his scar etc etc. And that, for me, is very disappointing.

I don't think I can go into season 5 with the same conviction I have in the past seasons. I hope this finale surprises us.

I have gone from watching this show live, to DVRing and watching it later in the same night, to DVRing and watching it 3 or 4 days later.

Ideally for me I would love to see Peter realizing he has multiple abilities in the same way they ended season two with sylar regaining his intuitive aptitude and telekinesis. That would have me eagerly awaiting this next and potential last season and maybe would give it a significant chance at staying afloat.

Restore Peter to the way we want him, cause the buzz, then use the downtime to right the ship with solid story telling and maybe this show has a shot at holding onto more viewers.

Ive discussed this with people who used to love the show and jumped ship when the papa petrelli hug neutered peter. It seems peter having his ability back would spark interest in "checking it out again" and in doing so maybe this can gain momentum.

I dunno, just my two cents. what are your thoughts?
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎