Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/10

The Song Remains the Same blew me away! Amazing episode.

Comment

I am kind of torn about this episode, to be perfectly honest.

I liked the interaction between the parents, especially Sams being dumbfounded when first seeing his parents and of course, his defense of his father and how he was raised. I liked seeing Anna and Cas interact in the beginning and I liked Anna interrupting Dean's dream to start the episode. I also enjoyed the ending showing a pregnant Mary, calling Dean a trouble maker already.

My issues with the episode are as follows:

a) Michael. I was a little let down. I am not sure what I was expecting, but it felt somewhat anticlimactic to me.

b) Any one else sick of the premise that every demon/ghost/whatever the boys hunt ends up telling them yet again that it's their destiny to say yes and that's just how it is? It's constant. We get it. They can't change their destiny and everything that is supposed to happen will happen. I don't think we need to hear it every episode. It's a bit of a tease.

c) the idea that Michael was going to do Dean a favour by wiping his parents' memory of the whole event. Who didn't see that coming? It had to be done otherwise, things wouldn't have followed the plan.

d) the idea being introduced that if Anna were to have killed Sam, she could have spread his cells around the universe this preventing him from ever being a vessel. Weird that this is just being mentioned now, given that everyone was operating under the assumption that if Sam died or was killed, an angel would be able to just bring him and back and everything would be fine. The introduction of the possibility that Sam could actually be prevented from being a vessel seemed bizarre to me.

Overall, I gave the episode an 8/10. I was glad to see an episode finally discussing the overarching story in full instead of just offhandedly mentioning it. It was well acted too. And Dean looked fabulously hot in the opening shot of the episode.
      Last edited by WhamBamThankUSam; 02-05-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBamThankUSam

b) Any one else sick of the premise that every demon/ghost/whatever the boys hunt ends up telling them yet again that it's their destiny to say yes and that's just how it is? It's constant. We get it. They can't change their destiny and everything that is supposed to happen will happen. I don't think we need to hear it every episode. It's a bit of a tease.

c) the idea that Michael was going to do Dean a favour by wiping his parents' memory of the whole event. Who didn't see that coming? It had to be done otherwise, things wouldn't have followed the plan.
        *raises hand* I think we don't need it from every angel/demon but the I do think we needed Michael to tell Dean. If Dean is going to believe anyone, its going to be Michael. I do think he might be the only angel (besides Cas) that will get through to him. It kinda showed in their scene together. Eventually Dean was listening to him. I just think that it shows his power.

oh yeah we all saw that coming

Comment

10! I love the Michael & Dean chat, love the episode..also loved how Michael nuked the angels

Comment

Um. Looooved it! I am always more of a fan of the mytho-episodes than the funny ones. 10/10.

Comment

10/10 for sure.
              The ending scene with Dean and Michael was great.

Comment

10/10

I think it was always going to be a heavily emotion fuelled episode, but it was pulled off extrememly well by the actors.

Definitely in the scene with Michael and Dean. And I can't imagine anything more frightening that being told you don't really have any free will... that it's just an illusion...

Also loved Sam and John's chat, where Sam got to sort of tell his dad what he'd never got to tell him. He obviously really needed to get that off his chest and it was really sweet.

Comment

So I watched this Thursday night after it was on so I would be able to talk about before my week away.

I loved this episode! This is the best since The End, IMO. The right mix of mytharc and the other stuff, with Mary and John tossed in (Have to admit wasn't to thrilled to be going "back to the future" as it were, again but I am sold now).

Yeah, the devil/angel strippers were so Dean (who else figured out right away he must have been dreaming--so much for fish, eh Cas?! LOL). Then Anna showing up and Cas and Anna scene was good.

Then Castiel admitting he and Sam are friends (which I have to admit, I haven't seen that, myself. I mean, he's "friendly" with Sam but I would say Cas and Dean are friends but that Cas and Sam are just...allies.). Then Cas threatening Anna on Sam's behalf? How cool was that.

When Sam asked if the plan would work, my heart about broke. That he would even think that, go there! And Dean immediately shutting down that line of thought--!

"Like a Delorean without enough Plutonium" and Cas saying he doesn't get the reference was good.

I totally think Cas agreed to send them back for Dean.

Cas coughing blood was a shock.
                  And then the boys meeting their parents. The way Sam looked at Mary and then the meeting with their Dad?

Mary vs. Anna, now that was a chick fight!

Sam doing the sigil (did anyone notice that when Sam touched it it fizzled and the blood bubbled? That doesn't happen when others do it. Very nice touch!) and John's look was wonderful.

Then the boys in the backseat with the parents up front made me smile! And John's "don't make me turn this car around". biggrin.gif

Sam and John's talk. Yeah, that was good. And Sam finally forgiving their Dad.

Past!Uriel!

Dean with Mary (he always was Mama's boy) and telling her the truth and her reaction. Then the whole "you have to leave John" and then it's took late, she's pregnant with Dean already? Whoa. (though if she had left John right then Sam would never have been born, which would have changed things.)

"You are gonna die. And your children will be cursed." Never heard Sam be that blatant before.

And yeah, when Anna gutted Sam? Another one of these B****** who hurts Sammy? *growls*

Michael using John as his vessel. And the whole "bloodline" and "Cain and Abel" (which, how long has fandom been speculating about that?!) thing. Michael's surety that Dean will say yes was...actually a little frightening.

At first I thought they had left Cas in the past. Forgot he could return under his own power. But yeah, how did he know the boys were back in their own time?

Sam talking about how everyone says they'll say yes. That was chilling.

And then the flashback to Mary and her calling her baby "troublemaker". Also, great continuity for Houses of the Holy (I think that was the ep) when Dean was saying that Mary had told him that angels were watching over him. Very nice indeed (and they are! Just to make sure he says yes. LOL).

Just a great, great episode that told it's own story but also told back story and set up for the future. I didn't happen to notice who wrote this one but they hit it out of the ballpark, let me tell you!

Comment

Ben Edlund wrote it

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                      Ben Edlund wrote it
                      Did he? I looked it up on Supernatural Wiki and it says: "Story by Sera Gamble and Nancy Weiner"

Maybe they came up with the story and Ben actually wrote the script?

Comment

Oh yeah you are right I just watched again

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎