No announcement yet.

Smokey wants off?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey wants off?

that was odd. why would smokey want off the island? whats keeping him there?

He wants to go home. I guess both Jacob and he have been trapped on the island for centuries. OrJacob was keeping him from leaving; that's why they were nemesis. Jacob had the ability to leave and I guess the man in black (the smoke monster, fake Locke) couldn't...thus the loop hole.

Comment

Maybe there is something surrounding the entire island that has trapped the man in black there. We know that ash and those sonic fences keep him away.

Comment

It also probably has something to do with Jacob. Jacob probably kept him there, that's why he spent so long plotting how to get rid of Jacob. Now that he's gone, he can begin his trip. We also don't know where "home" is. It could be somewhere off the island, or it could be something completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
          It also probably has something to do with Jacob. Jacob probably kept him there, that's why he spent so long plotting how to get rid of Jacob. Now that he's gone, he can begin his trip.
          I do agree with you that it definitely had to have something to do with Jacob, but that still doesn't really answer the question of why didn't he just kill Jacob sooner. Apparently they had a deal, and Smokey couldn't kill Jacob until he found a loophole. I guess I just don't yet understand how a dead Locke was that loophole. I mean...so many other people have died on the island, why didn't smokey just take their form and kill Jacob? Locke is the key here...I just don't yet know for what door.

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand why Locke being killed was a loophole either. It's very weird... Unless it's because the Island perceives him as Locke, as if the Island has some sort of sentience, and didn't realize that the dude that is usually "peacefully communing with his beloved Island" is really the man in black. As for why he wants off... yeah, I'm assuming Jacob is keeping him there somehow, though why? Maybe because he can turn into a psychopathic black smoke monster killing machine and he knows that wouldn't be good to be running around the world? Probably something deeper, though... And WHERE would he go? To anywhere else on the Earth, or to another plane of existence, or what? So many questions, so little time to get answers...

Comment

Well it seems like smokey couldn't touch Jacob. He also didn't know where Jacob really was. So he took the form of Locke who had already gotten the trust of Richard and was set to be the new leader of the others. He tricked Ben when he took the form of Alex and told Ben he had to do what Locke said. Locke tells Ben to kill Jacob. I think the loophole was that smokey finally got Richard to take him to the where Jacob was and tricked Ben into killing Jacob.

Comment

but wasnt there a picture of the foot statue in jacobs cabin? i thought smokey already knew where he was just wanted to screw richard over.

Comment

I don't remember a picture of the statue but it's possible. It just seemed to me when Richard told Locke that Jacob was in the statue he was really surprised. Now, it could be that he was just acting that way but I got the impression that he didn't know where he was.

Comment

ya when the ajira people went to jacobs cabin the picture of the statue was on a piece of fabric with a knife thru it and thats how they knew were jacob was. i just assumed smokey put it there. but if not then i wonder who put it there.

plus we saw jacob and the man in black talking infront of the statue last season so id also think hed know thats where jacob hung out.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎