Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chloe ever tell Clark... about the key thingy Jor-el left?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
    What? I said Jor-el didn't know he had a son. Chloe told him about Clark. So how would Zod know about a fortress clone Jor-el didn't know about?
    That was a disappointment that Clark didn't get to spend time with Jor-El but instead Chloe told him about Clark

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Degobunny
    And that changed quickly after she realized he was the enemy. Chloe thought she could save Davis who no one could have known was a serial killer without Doomsday.
    I knew Davis was the one doing the killing but I had a hard time finding anyone who would agree with me.
    Last edited by SnowBird; 02-01-2010, 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
      That was a disappointment that Clark didn't get to spend time with Jor-El but instead Chloe told him about Clark
      You just know that Chloe keeping yet another secret will blow up in everyone's faces and Clark is going to once again have to save the day. I just pray that this time the writers get rid of her for good. It atleast seems like Oliver has learned his lesson, emphasis on seems.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Degobunny
      And that changed quickly after she realized he was the enemy. Chloe thought she could save Davis who no one could have known was a serial killer without Doomsday.
      Im tired of arguing with people who think it was fine and dandy that Chloe walked up in the fortress, dared to touch Clark's things and poop all over his plan which if they all had listened to him would have prevented the deaths of Jimmy and dozens of others.
      This is why Superman needs to work alone with occasional help from people with common sense like Batman.
      Last edited by Dyanara; 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ha, this discussion has been fun to catch up with!

Originally posted by HeroesUnlimited
        She should have told him IMMEDIATELY. This is about 927 on the list of reasons to dislike Chloe now...
        Yup. Immediately. His father, his farm, his fight. Period.

Originally posted by SnowBird
        What makes Chloe the boss of need to know? Clark needed to know immediately and for her to hold this information from him is wrong no matter how you look at it.
        I don't know about "what," but I know about "who." Chloe made Chloe the boss of need to know.

Recall, it was only in "Pandora," after Lois turned up missing, that Chloe felt the need to mention to Clark that Tess had still been keeping an eye on Lois. Had Chloe been keeping Clark abreast of her spying on Tess while Tess was spying on Lois, then Clark would've gotten to Lois sooner. And maybe Tess wouldn't have gained access to Lois's memories at all.

Moreover, I tend to believe that it was actually Chloe herself who'd been spying on Lois all along.

Originally posted by ginevrakent
        Wow, so Chloe gets to decide when Clark gets to deal with something of his father's from his own home planet that relates to his own people? That worked out so well last year. Clark is serious about handling Zod. Just because his way of "beating" him is different than Chloe's doesn't give her the right to keep things from Clark and deal with the situation on her own.
        I don't see why people have such a problem with Clark's "keep your friends close; your enemies, closer" plan. He saw that antagonizing Zod was not the way. So, he's doing things differently. He's making an informed decision. And his informed decision would go over even better if Chloe would open her mouth and disclose important information that Clark needs when it comes to Zod.

Either way, though, Clark's obviously not trying to become bestest buds with Zod. He knows what Zod's capable of, and he knows what Zod really wants. He's just trying to deter him.

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
        he could take it to the fortress for safekeeping and while there he can ask his daddy how it works. But right now he doesn't even know the device exists.
        Exactly. Clark can't even ask AI Jor-El about the thingy -- Clark can't do a thing about the thingy! -- because he doesn't even know that the thingy exists.

C'mon! Even (or, especially) Oliver would tear Chloe a new one over this! And after Doomsday, Oliver knows his place and he knows to defer to Clark when it comes to all things Kryptonian.

Originally posted by Dyanara
        Of course she'll tell him, when the sh-- hits the fan and she is forced to reveil what a sneaky backstabber she is.
        Exactly. She'll tell him when he either finds out for himself and confronts her about it. Or, she'll tell him when something bad has already happened.

By undermining Clark in this manner, she is backstabbing him -- both as a friend and as a self-appointed sidekick.

But, as hellokitty pointed out, Chloe still thinks that she has everything under control and that she's right. Even after "Disciple," she still seemed convinced of her own hero-ness. She thinks she's equal to Clark. She thinks that what she does is no different than what he does, and, if anything, she thinks that her methods are better.

And I agree with Terrific_T on this matter. Where is all this resentment coming from? Why is she acting this way? Is she still upset about Jimmy's death (which was partially her own fault) and about Clark not bringing him back (which he couldn't)? Is she upset about Clark leaving her and everyone else for three weeks (which was hurtful, I'm sure; but which I tend to understand and agree with; and which Clark apologized for)? Is she jealous over having her place as leading lady to Clark usurped by Lois? Is it all of the above?
        Last edited by Britas15; 02-01-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

You just know that Chloe keeping yet another secret will blow up in everyone's faces and Clark is going to once again have to save the day. I just pray that this time the writers get rid of her for good. It atleast seems like Oliver has learned his lesson, emphasis on seems.

Im tired of arguing with people who think it was fine and dandy that Chloe walked up in the fortress, dared to touch Clark's things and poop all over his plan which if they all had listened to him would have prevented the deaths of Jimmy and dozens of others.
          This is why Superman needs to work alone with occasional help from people with common sense like Batman.
          I'm hip!!!! I like your post.......atleast there are 2 of us that view Chloe the same way!!!!!!

Comment

Pretty much. Though, I think Oliver's okay for now.

----- Added 30 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by jpfort1957
            I'm hip!!!! I like your post.......atleast there are 2 of us that view Chloe the same way!!!!!!
            Make that three!
            Last edited by Britas15; 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm wondering how many of these Chloe is EVOL theorists were also CONVINCED Jimmy would live because he was canon and Chloe would die?

Because I remember predicting just the opposite (that they would kill Jimmy for shock and Chloe would live). No kidding, yes that was my prediction in the who-will-die thread.

My point: I think it's still possible Chloe knows about JorEl retrieving the key and not telling Clark but I don't see any real rationale (other than Chloe is EVOL). I sort of view this line of reasoning along the same lines as the Chloe=die theory because everyone else is canon. Just wanting it to be true won't make it that way. My personal belief is that if anything, the Chloe=EVOL crowd is being set up for a big disappointment. BUT, I'm not positive about it by any stretch of the imagination -- the writers have the ability to go in any direction with this IMO -- I just suspect Chloe will not go out as the villain. However, it just seems like an awful lot of people are crawling out on that limb just like an awful lot crawled out on the Chloe will die limb.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                I'm wondering how many of these Chloe is EVOL theorists were also CONVINCED Jimmy would live because he was canon and Chloe would die?

Because I remember predicting just the opposite (that they would kill Jimmy for shock and Chloe would live). No kidding, yes that was my prediction in the who-will-die thread.

My point: I think it's still possible Chloe knows about JorEl retrieving the key and not telling Clark but I don't see any real rationale (other than Chloe is EVOL). I sort of view this line of reasoning along the same lines as the Chloe=die theory because everyone else is canon. Just wanting it to be true won't make it that way. My personal belief is that if anything, the Chloe=EVOL crowd is being set up for a big disappointment. BUT, I'm not positive about it by any stretch of the imagination -- the writers have the ability to go in any direction with this IMO -- I just suspect Chloe will not go out as the villain. However, it just seems like an awful lot of people are crawling out on that limb just like an awful lot crawled out on the Chloe will die limb.
                It is my belief that there are a few dark days still ahead for Chloe, but I also believe she will leave the show redeemed and happy. Is she concealing the existence of the Book of Rao from Clark at the moment? Perhaps, and maybe it will be yet another thing that will cause friction in their relationship, but by no means do I think that is the end of Chloe's story. I would be surprised if Chloe's dark arc wasn't essentially put to rest sometime near Escape.

Comment

^^^What does EVOL mean?

Comment

I'm not getting a "Chloe is 'EVOL'" vibe, so much as I'm getting a "Chloe is behaving badly" vibe. The concern isn't who she is at heart; the concern is what she's doing.

That said, I think it's 50/50 on how Chloe will end this season, and, potentially, her run on "Smallville."

Part of me thinks that the PTB may step up to the plate and bring her character arc to its logical conclusion, which would be to turn her into someone who flat opposes Clark, his methods, and his worldview (which, BTW, Chloe does right now). And thus, they will make her a villain. Because, c'mon, if 10 is the magic number, then it's not going to matter how many stone-cold Chloe fans the PTB tick off. Those viewers can leave or they can stay. Their exit is not going to trash the ratings so much as to not secure another season, because -- A-HA! -- there won't be one after Season 10, anyway.

But then, part of me thinks that this isn't HBO or Showtime; it's the CW. And it's 8pm. And some fans of this show can only take so much, so the PTB will save themselves a headache and fix Chloe in the end. They'll make her even worse as the season goes on, and then they'll have Clark "save" her in the end.

Personally, the only thing I care about is the character being gone by the end of this season. Whether or not the series makes it 10 seasons, Chloe needs to leave by the end of Season Nine. She needs to be headed off to another city and another life by the end of episode 22.
                    Last edited by Britas15; 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

To be honests i would not be surprised if Chloe would not tell Clark. Keeping secerts and backstabbing seems to be the best thing she is doing these days. Their relationship is hanging on by a thread anyway so why tell him more about the information that is the only remaining link to him in her life!

Comment

I knew even though the story was building towards Chloe's death that it would never get carried out, though it was heavily implied. However, this season has already shown a future where Chloe was a soulless vessel. The second time around things will be different. But Chloe withholding that kryptonian artifact one, puts her in danger 2, allowing damage with time when Clark can asked Jor-el what it was his copy father left. It may be what empowers the kryptonians and what Zod is looking for, and why he put that charm on Lois to see if Clark recognized the symbol which could tie into what was left behind by Jor-el.

Or it could be a saving grace, but only when Chloe decides to relinquish this info, and argument is what gives her the right? And heading down the wrong path does not equate physical death, when it's clear she is already dying inside. The point how far will she before she gets back to her old self so-to-speak.
                        Last edited by Dominicus; 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I just want to know what the heck she's doing and where her head is. There is really no good reason to hide that thing from Clark, I've been trying to think of one and I can't, I'm not Chloe-bashing, I'm just extremely puzzled.

Originally posted by doodie8808
                          To be honests i would not be surprised if Chloe would not tell Clark. Keeping secerts and backstabbing seems to be the best thing she is doing these days. Their relationship is hanging on by a thread anyway so why tell him more about the information that is the only remaining link to him in her life!
                          There! A reason! Not sure if I agree, but its a reason nonetheless, and so far I can't think of any others.
                          Last edited by Terrific_T; 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Remembering how these writers turned Lana into a saint after all the horrible things she did, I do not think they will punish Chloe for her idiotic ways.

Comment

Remembering how these writers turned Lana into a saint after all the horrible things she did, I do not think they will punish Chloe for her idiotic ways.
                              That's my thing, though: I think the writers still have Season 8's Lana Arc fresh in their minds, and, goodness knows, the fandom isn't letting them forget it. So, the PTB must know that any redemption storyline with Chloe is going to get compared to the last one they tried with a similar character, and people are probably going to hate it before it even hits the screen.

I don't think they're going to make a hero out of Chloe. I think they're going to make her learn a lesson, say her apologies, wish everyone well, and then ride off into the sunset. Or, at least, I hope that that's what happens. Because giving her a power suit or having her make out with Clark on the roof of the Daily Planet is just NOT the way to go -- EVER AGAIN.

The writers know better. I have faith in that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrific_T

There! A reason! Not sure if I agree, but its a reason nonetheless, and so far I can't think of any others.
                                To play the advocate, I think what she's doing she believes is just, most likely she knows Zod would be after it and felt it was safer on her then with Clark since everyone knows his hiding spot in the barn. She may even try to figure the contents and its purpose out on her own. Why she not telling him, she probably felt it was better if he didn't if Zod was looking for it he get it from Clark, and the first place he would look. Just a spec on what she may be thinking since she has said as much she doesn't trust Clark to do what's necessary in her words.
                                Last edited by Dominicus; 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎