Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chloe ever tell Clark... about the key thingy Jor-el left?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I supposed its possible that Chloe has mentioned what she saw Jor-El doing on the tape to Clark in Offscreensville. I never doubt this shows ability to have very crucial stuff happen off screen, especially when it pertains to Clark. However, I do think its at least food for thought that Chloe has not told Clark, just going by the events of this season, and the fact that Chloe is on the record as believing that Clark can't, or won't, handle the difficult decisions, and that he won't do what she believes is necessary. She's also hid other things from him, like the cameras at the farm, and the cellphone bugging. And of course, last season, in the course of what she believed was right, she also mislead Clark and kept vital information from him. So, bearing that in mind, and not having any scene of her telling Clark what she saw, or Clark referring to it, I don't think its a complete leap to suspect her of withholding this information.

However, if it turns out she told him in Offscreensville, and the show just didn't bother thinking that was something important we know, this would not surprise me either.

For now, I'm waiting to see where they go with this, and wouldn't be surprised either way. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
      I initially thought he was leaving it but after watching the video again I see:

IN BACKWARDS VIEW:
      1) JorEl walking backwards towards the column
      2) Jorel setting something on the ground
      3) Jorel moving the door
      4) JorEl looking at something
      5) *Chloe zooms in BUT I didn't see the camera go forward)
      6) JorEl examining the thingy with the door open

In forward motion this would mean:
      - JorEl examines device
      - JorEl shuts the door
      - JorEl sets the device on the floor (perhaps he's wrapping it?)
      - JorEl walks away from the column

It makes more sense to me that he was retrieving versus hiding it:
      1) When asked WHY come back to Smallville if he didn't know he had a son, JorEl said because Smallville had good memories for him. When Chloe said "JorEL, you lied to me." while looking at the video, I think it was because he came back to Smallville to retrieve the thingy versus "happy memories".
      2) IF JorEl didn't know he had a son, WHY would he show up at the decedents of Hiram Kent's home, MAKE a hole in a column and hide something. Remember, Chloe was going backwards from where she had left off. He took these actions BEFORE he met her, before he was captured. He didn't know about Clark --- of ALL the places to HIDE something, what would possess him to come to the farm?
      3) THEORY: When he was back here for his "right of passage", perhaps locating the device was part of the task. In that case, he probably had it on him when Lana's Aunt was shot and he was running for the cave. Perhaps he couldn't take it through the portal so when he was with the Kents he not only swapped jackets but asked for them to hide the device for him. It makes much more sense to me that a human like Hiram would have already made a hidey-hole in his column and showed JorEl while he placed it in there. THIS is why JorEl came to the farm.
      [Note: no dust could easily be explained by sloppy prop effort]

Now, going back to did Chloe tell Clark.

What proof do we have that she didn't?

We've only had Pandora and Disciple since that time -- I could easily see this conversation not warranting time on-screen for the producers because then we would have less time for Clois! (sarcasm). Seriously, we don't have a shot with Chloe having the device. I see no reason for her to hide this information --- she would WANT Clark to find the device wouldn't she. In short, if he was retrieving, not hiding, I see NO Machiavellian reason for her not showing Clark the video.

Now, if someone has proof other than Chloe watching him retrieve the device without Clark in the room --- please provide it. I could be wrong, but I think it's entirely possible the EVOL Chloe frenzy has caused people to jump to the wrong conclusion. If I'm wrong, and she is hiding this info then I agree -- it's a pretty serious issue and she'd better have a good story. But I think it's more likely they just didn't show it onscreen.

Finally, has someone done a side by side screenshot compare of the charm and the device. They don't look the same to me. Why do we assume they are? The device in JorEl's hand was a circle crystal slice with a TRIANGLE. Wasn't the charm a diamond in the center? Could be a continuity gaff again but they don't look the same to me.
      I really hope you are right.

Comment

And nope, Chloe hasn't said a word about it.
        On screen.

However, I do think its at least food for thought that Chloe has not told Clark, just going by the events of this season, and the fact that Chloe is on the record as believing that Clark can't, or won't, handle the difficult decisions, and that he won't do what she believes is necessary. She's also hid other things from him, like the cameras at the farm, and the cellphone bugging. And of course, last season, in the course of what she believed was right, she also mislead Clark and kept vital information from him. So, bearing that in mind, and not having any scene of her telling Clark what she saw, or Clark referring to it, I don't think its a complete leap to suspect her of withholding this information.
        Again, this shows your viewpoint of Chloe. Just because you find all her actions heinous doesn't mean you should leap to the conclusion she's hiding that JorEl retrieved something from the Kent Farm. I see very little advantage for her to do so. What is her motive for keeping this information from him? Now, if you believe that he was HIDING it, vice RETRIEVING it, then I can see the Machiavellian plot go into action but if he is retrieving it, it seems like an odd thing to keep from Clark.

Comment

Clark hasn't mentioned it at all. Chloe and Clark has had no conversation about it. Until I see Chloe tell Clark about Jor-El's device, I'm going to say Clark has no idea it even exists.

Comment

I doubt she has told Clark. The key to me seems like a pretty big thing and I doubt the writers would leave it hanging. The fact that Clark hasn't mentioned the key once suggest that Chloe has told him squat and when you consider the string of things she's been hidding from Clark this season, it only reinforces this theory.
            Last edited by Selina; 02-01-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Chloe hasn't told Clark about this for the same reason she's hidden so many other things from him--she's a on crazy power trip.

Chloe's actually made me appreciate the Clark character which I haven't done in a few seasons. That's how badly she's being portrayed.

Comment

SVFancross: Thanks for answering my question in such detail.

BadToad and morrigan01: I don't think that Chloe's told Clark about it. And I don't think the PTB would relegate such an important plot point to Offscreenville, because it would have been really, really easy to have Chloe see what Jor-El was doing, and then pick up her phone, call Clark, and say, "I found something that you need to see." End scene. That would've taken another -- what? -- ten seconds of screentime. If the PTB wanted us to think that Chloe had told Clark, then they would've told us so. But since they haven't, I don't think she has.

Or...maybe they'll retcon this whole season with Chloe and it'll turn out that Brainiac is still in her, and since Brainiac came to love Jimmy whilst Chloe was busy loving Davis, Brainiac is seeking revenge on Clark for not bringing Jimmy back, and is systematically undermining Clark and planning on handing the world over to Zod.
                Last edited by Britas15; 02-01-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                  Clark hasn't mentioned it at all. Chloe and Clark has had no conversation about it. Until I see Chloe tell Clark about Jor-El's device, I'm going to say Clark has no idea it even exists.
                  Besides the point of Zod giving Lois the charm was to see if Clark recognizes it. Which he didn't, so i assume he in fact doesn't know about it and Chloe hasn't said a thing about it.

And say all you want that Clark's stuff are handle offscreenville, but when its major to the arc is always discussed. Specially a book that will or not allow Zod to win.

Comment

Considering the fact that Clark did not recognize the symbol, I'm going to assume that Chloe has not told Clark! Again, this is obviously an important component to the Zod story, and IMO if Clark had spoken to Chloe about this in Offscreensville, then he would have had some idea about what the symbol was.

I anticipate that there will be some kind of blowout between them when Clark does learn that Chloe knew about what she saw on camera concerning Jor-El and chose to keep it a secret rather than share the information with him.

Comment

Well I have full faith in the writers -- to leave this in Offscreenville.

If it is never mentioned again, then I'm right - it was a nit in their eyes. If it becomes a big plot point that Chloe is hiding this from Clark -- then you all are right. We'll see.

Comment

Just because you find all her actions heinous doesn't mean you should leap to the conclusion she's hiding that JorEl retrieved something from the Kent Farm. I see very little advantage for her to do so. What is her motive for keeping this information from him? Now, if you believe that he was HIDING it, vice RETRIEVING it, then I can see the Machiavellian plot go into action but if he is retrieving it, it seems like an odd thing to keep from Clark.
                        Well, whether I find Chloe's actions heinous or not...and for the record, some I do, some I don't...some facts remain, regardless. Has she expressed disapproval of Clark's method of handling things? Yes. Has she hidden her actions from him? Yes. Has she been attempting to moniter and control things happening in her superhero world? Yes. Now, whether you think thats for the greater good, or whether you think its because Chloe is going on a crazycakes ego trip, these truths don't change.

What would be the advantage of Chloe hiding this from Clark? Well, I'd have to ask myself what advantage Chloe would see in it. If I take into consideration her disdain for Clark's methodology, and her belief that he won't "do whats necessary", then it could be that she feels she's better qualified to look into this information, and have this knowledge, then Clark.

It does seem like as odd thing to keep from Clark to me too. But then again, I never thought Chloe would have spy cameras at his farm, or bug his cellphone, or say some of the stuff she's said about Clark. So, IMO, all bets are sort of off.

But as I said, I certainly allow for the possibility that this happened in Offscreensville.

Comment

I think she will but on a need to know basis other wise she would've mentioned it already. This is something that may take place later down the road and the information crucial to Clark, and Zod

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                            On screen.
                            Assuming it's the Book of Rao that Jor-El was hiding (and I'm like 95% sure that's what it was), then Chloe hasn't told him in Offscreenville either. Because Clark did not recognize the symbol of the Book of Rao (which Zod specifically said Clark didn't) that made the charm Zod gave Lois.

And, as Britas15 said, how hard would it have been to show Chloe picking up the phone and calling Clark and saying "there's something you should see" if they didn't want to have a long scene of her telling him about it after she discovered the footage. Whatever Jor-El his is obviously an important plot-point, and such things like that don't get shoved to Offscreenville.

So until I see some indication on screen that Clark knows about whatever Jor-El hid, for now, Chloe IMO hasn't told Clark anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                              I think she will but on a need to know basis other wise she would've mentioned it already. This is something that may take place later down the road and the information crucial to Clark, and Zod
                              What makes Chloe the boss of need to know? Clark needed to know immediately and for her to hold this information from him is wrong no matter how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                                What makes Chloe the boss of need to know? Clark needed to know immediately and for her to hold this information from him is wrong no matter how you look at it.
                                ITA but this is how it will probably happen, she'll wait instead of doing the right thing that may end up making things worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎