No announcement yet.

Convenience

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BabyDee
    Oh, I could strangle you at the end, there! You're such a tease!
    Well, am I or am I not the vice president of Teaser's Anonymous?

Great update! I loved the desciption of Chloe's dress. Exquisite!

Awesome update, Leanne.
    I didn't have a clear picture in my head but I did imagine Chloe in something like the dress I described. I personally think she'd look lovely in anythiing, but that's just me.

Glad you liked the update.

Comment

Chapter Five

“Ten million? Lex, no, that’s too generous.”

He was promising to give her ten million dollars if the marriage proved unsuccessful. Even if it only meant a few months. Chloe didn’t want ten million dollars. She wanted this marriage to be real.

“It’s nothing to me,” he said softly.

Chloe frowned. What exactly did he mean by that? Did he have so much money he wouldn’t miss ten million dollars or was there a deeper meaning?

Lex took the document from her and put it on the desk.

“Come on. Dinner’s waiting. And I have a surprise for you.”

A surprise? He was already shelling out thousands for the wedding, including that beautiful dress, which he wouldn’t get to see until the wedding. And yet he had more for her.

Dinner was going to be at one of Lex’s favourite restaurants. One which, unless you were a Luthor, you had to line up for months to get in. And as Chloe walked in, she saw the ‘surprise’ Lex had for her. Clark, Martha Kent, Lois and Lana.

“Mrs Kent? Clark? What?”

And that wasn’t all.

“Hey honey,” a voice said behind her. Chloe’s eyes widened as she saw her father.

“Dad?” Suddenly she was in his arms, hugging him for dear life.

They all sat down to dinner, Chloe chatting a mile a minute with her father. What would have normally been a quiet dinner between her and Lex ended up being almost a raucous party. When Chloe managed to take a breath, she looked at Lex. He was quietly chatting with Clark but glanced in her direction. She sent him a grateful smile. He raised his glass in a little salute to her.

The rest of the month passed in a blur of wedding details. All of which Chloe would never have been able to manage on her own. By the time the big day dawned, she was exhausted and couldn’t wait for it to be over.

The night before the wedding, Lois and Lana threw her a bridal shower, inviting several of her female friends from the Daily Planet. It was a great party, with games which had even Lois blushing. Afterwards, they went out on the town, hitting some of the local night-spots.

Chloe was surprised to see Lex and Clark at one of the clubs.

“What are you two doing here?”

“Celebrating Lex’s last night of freedom,” Clark grinned.

“If you got him drunk, Clark Kent, I swear ...”

“Oops.” But Clark didn’t look sorry at all. And Lex only appeared a little bit drunk. Except for the fact that he had draped his arm over her and was trying to lick her ear.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered in her ear. “I never get hangovers.”

With a scowl, Chloe pushed him away. “Leeex!”

“You’re so beautiful. I really love you Chloeeeee!” he said.

“Okay, now I know you’re smashed.” Chloe made more of an effort and pushed him away. Clark took the hint and dragged his friend away.

With a stagger, Lex threw himself on Clark and looked up at his taller friend with bleary eyes. “She doesn’t believe me,” he said sadly. “Why doesn’t she believe me?”

“Okay,” Clark said. “I think you’ve had enough. Let’s go lover boy.”

Chloe shook her head as Clark led him away with a quick look of apology.

The next day, Chloe looked at herself in the mirror. Her make-up had been done, the dress was hanging by the door and everything else was waiting for her. Chloe’s hands shook as she tried to attach the garter. She still wasn’t sure why she was following all these traditions. After all, it wasn’t like it was a real marriage.

“Here, let me,” Lois said.

“God, I’m so nervous.”

“You’ll be fine,” Lana said, grabbing the dress from the hanger and watching as Lois completed her task before helping Chloe into it.

“What if I forget the vows? What if ...”

“Let Lex be your guide. He loves you. And he’s probably nervous too.”

That was an understatement. Lex was looking very peaky, and it wasn’t because of a hangover. Clark was helping him with his buttonhole.

“Am I doing the right thing?” he asked. “Maybe I should have ...”

“Lex, Chloe loves you. Whether she knows it or not.” Out of all of their friends, Clark was the only one who knew the truth about the proposal. “And you love her. Now stop worrying.”

“I’m glad you’re here for this,” Lex said with uncharacteristic softness. Then he offered a smirk. “Beats my last wedding. I had to have the ceremony without my best man.”

“And we all know how that turned out,” Clark said dryly.

“Yeah, yeah,” Lex returned. He never liked being reminded of his disastrous first two marriages. But this one he planned to make stick. If only he could convince Chloe.

It was part of the reason why he wanted the full traditional ceremony. He hoped that if Chloe saw the effort he was making, she might realise how he really felt about her. But there were just too many maybes there. He was taking an awful lot for granted. He knew that.

As he looked at Clark, he wondered what was in store for his friend.

“Maybe this will be you and Lana some day,” he said.

Clark shook his head. “Not after what happened with Bizarro.”

Last year, Clark had been transported to the Phantom Zone after the Brain Interactive Construct had used Lionel’s body as a vessel for Zod, a criminal from Krypton. When he’d managed to escape the Zone, several phantoms had escaped with him. One of those was the phantom of a creature which had been used for experiments back on Krypton. The thing had taken Clark’s DNA to create a copy of him which had been dubbed by Chloe as Bizarro Clark.

When Clark had refused to do something his birth father wanted, he had been trapped in the fortress. Bizarro, whom they’d thought had been thrown into the sun after the first battle between him and Clark, had somehow made it back and had pretended to be Clark, living with Lana at the farm. Chloe had noticed some differences, and Lex, who knew him best, also noticed the odd behaviour. But as they had both been busy with their own lives and their own problems, they hadn’t pursued it. Lex wished he had, though, because Lana had been taken in by the doppelganger. So taken in that she had slept with him. Clark was convinced that Lana had been in love with him.

Lex sighed. Clark had been devastated when he’d found out what had been happening while he’d been trapped. He’d confronted Bizarro and managed to destroy him using Blue Kryptonite. But the events had driven a wedge between him and Lana.

“Clark, you know Lana ...”

“Lex, let’s not spoil today with talking about Lana, okay?”

Lex nodded. It was time. With a quick glance in the mirror, he turned and went out, Clark following, to take his place.

As the doors opened, Lex turned and found himself looking at a vision. He barely noticed Lana and Lois walking ahead of Chloe, whose head was covered in a veil. The dress she wore was creamy white, lace and silk. Lex gulped. This was really happening.

The ceremony passed in a blur. Lex knew he gave the right responses, said his vows correctly, but he still couldn’t take his eyes off his beautiful bride. When the time came for him to lift the veil and for their first kiss as husband and wife, he hesitated. His mouth was dry. Chloe looked at him questioningly, uncertainly. But as he pulled her into his arms and covered her mouth with his, Lex found himself in paradise. It was almost like the time Clark had pulled him out of the river and breathed life back into him. For a few moments, he had felt like he was flying. Like he was the one with the super-powers.

As they broke apart, Chloe was panting slightly. From the deer in the headlights look she was giving him, he could tell that she had felt something similar. It was a moment Lex would never forget as long as he lived.

How he got through the reception he had no clue. He was sure he ate and chatted but his mind was still full of how beautiful she looked.

Now she’s mine, he thought. All mine.

And all he could think about now was getting her to the hotel where they would spend their wedding night so he could show her just how beautiful she was. Just how much he loved her.

“Doesn’t Lois look lovely?” he heard Chloe saying to Clark.

Looking up, he realised Clark and Chloe had been quietly talking while he’d been miles away.

“Yes, she does,” Clark said softly. Lex looked at his friend, who was watching Lois with almost a dazed expression. He then turned his own gaze in the direction of Chloe’s cousin. Now his by marriage. She was all right. Dressed in a simple bridesmaid’s dress coloured green. She was dancing with Oliver Queen, although Lex was sure that relationship was long over.

Chloe mentioned it in the limo on the way to the hotel.

“Don’t you think Clark and Lois would make a great couple? I mean, they both looked great tonight. And you know how they love pushing each other’s buttons.”

“I haven’t really thought about it,” Lex said noncommittally.

“Oh. Okay. But isn’t it funny that Clark caught the garter and Lois caught the bouquet?”

He shrugged. He wasn’t really interested right now in his friends’ love lives. All he was interested in right now was the king-size bed at the Metropolis Hotel and taking her in his arms and ...

But it wasn’t to be. Chloe came out of the bathroom dressed in what could only be described as the ugliest pair of pyjamas Lex had ever seen. And he was going to burn them as soon as he got a chance. She crawled into bed, yawning.

“I’m beat. I think I’m just going to go to sleep,” she said, curling onto her side.

Damn!

Comment

Love it! Love how thoughtful Lex was throughout the wedding preparations and the surprise dinner for Chloe.

Nice touch to make Chloe the third wife . Now, poor Lex- deprived of the wedding night he's been anticipating so much. Well, I'm sure there'll be lots of tension with these two having to live in close quarters and sharing a bed to boot. Sooner or later they'll fall in each other's arms. Chloe, girl, you'd better throw those pyjamas away!

Comment

hahaha! i really laughed my heart out at these words------> ugliest pair of pyjamas.. they're too cute.. i love how lex is trying to prove to her that she really means a lot to him and that he loves her much.. awwwww.. just lovely!.

Comment

Originally posted by lexie2
            Love it! Love how thoughtful Lex was throughout the wedding preparations and the surprise dinner for Chloe.

Nice touch to make Chloe the third wife . Now, poor Lex- deprived of the wedding night he's been anticipating so much. Well, I'm sure there'll be lots of tension with these two having to live in close quarters and sharing a bed to boot. Sooner or later they'll fall in each other's arms. Chloe, girl, you'd better throw those pyjamas away!

Hee, they have to get through the honeymoon first!

Comment

Originally posted by macgurL91
              hahaha! i really laughed my heart out at these words------> ugliest pair of pyjamas.. they're too cute.. i love how lex is trying to prove to her that she really means a lot to him and that he loves her much.. awwwww.. just lovely!.
              This Lex is just too cute! I'd give anything to swap places with Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                Hee, they have to get through the honeymoon first!
                Sure they do. They've jumped on this wagon without having a clue as to what the other one feels or, at least, believing the other is in it simply out of convenience. It'll take their honeymoon to relax around each other. But, hey, it'll be nice to read. And those pyjamas WILL vanish sometime or other- I'm curious to know how, though.

Comment

Oh, Chloe, NO! Why'dya have to go and do that?

Leanne pleeeeease tell me you'll be posting a link to the adult section for the next chapter, pleeeeeease!!! *clings to your skirts like petulant child*

And I simply adore Drunk!Lex...he's lovely, and he told her he loved her! And what a sweet wedding. *sigh*

My best chapter so far! ~Until the one with the NC-17 link...*hint-hint*~

Amazing story, honey!

Comment

I thought I already commented. Another great chapter. I agree with everyone else about the pajamas. Poor Lex. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDee
                      Oh, Chloe, NO! Why'dya have to go and do that?

Leanne pleeeeease tell me you'll be posting a link to the adult section for the next chapter, pleeeeeease!!! *clings to your skirts like petulant child*

And I simply adore Drunk!Lex...he's lovely, and he told her he loved her! And what a sweet wedding. *sigh*

My best chapter so far! ~Until the one with the NC-17 link...*hint-hint*~

Amazing story, honey!
                      Poor Lex. Reduced to a drunken confession which she didn't believe anyway. But it will come up again.

Hmm, I think I need to take a vote on the NC-17 idea. Maybe R-rated. I'll see. And it's no good making those eyes at me Miss Dee. I'm immune. About as immune as I am to Clark's puppy dog eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                        I thought I already commented. Another great chapter. I agree with everyone else about the pajamas. Poor Lex. *sigh*
                        They've just gotta go.

Poor Lex is right. But don't worry, he will get somewhere in the next chapter. And no, it's not a tease. Would I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                          They've just gotta go.

Poor Lex is right. But don't worry, he will get somewhere in the next chapter. And no, it's not a tease. Would I do that?
                          Of course you would. You're not VP of Teaser's Anonymous for nothing.

Comment

Chapter Six

Day one of the honeymoon was not as Lex had planned. They had taken the Luthorcorp jet to the Cook Islands. Lex had hoped to woo Chloe with champagne and good conversation, but Chloe sat scrunched up in her seat as if she was afraid to be touched. She’d fallen asleep in that position and was going to wake up with a serious crick in her neck, Lex thought. He sighed. Chloe had barely slept the night before, tossing and turning.

She woke up shortly after the pilot announced they were approaching the island. Lex had resigned himself to working on his laptop on a Luthorcorp contract.

She blinked at him.

“I fell asleep,” she said, sounding almost surprised.

“You were tired,” he said reasonably. “It’s been a stressful few weeks for you.”

He closed his laptop. “We’ll be landing soon.”

Chloe looked at him. “So, have you, um, ever been, you know ...”

“To the islands? No. Spent time in a shark cage off the Barrier Reef once.”

Chloe shuddered. “Not something I’d want to get into. Why did you do it?”

“Lionel dared me to.”

Chloe snorted at that. She stretched. “So tell me about this island we’re going to.”

“It’s called Aitutaki.” Lex launched into the history of the island and Chloe listened in rapt silence while the plane circled until it finally got permission to land at the tiny airport.

The room they were led to at the resort was just as luxurious as the suite they’d had at the hotel in Metropolis. Chloe opened the drapes to the balcony and looked out. The sun was setting – the sky a golden red.

“Lex, come and see this. This is amazing!”

She felt Lex put his arm around her shoulder as he joined her.

“That really is something,” he said.

“Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?”

“Yeah, I have,” he answered. Chloe glanced at him. He was looking meaningfully at her. She blushed scarlet and Lex smiled, moving to stroke her cheek.

“Um, I’m starving,” Chloe said, stepping away from his touch, trying to ignore the pounding in her chest. “We should, uh, change and go down for something to eat.”

“Or we could eat here,” Lex suggested, trying to close the gap between them. But it was an intimacy that Chloe wasn’t sure she was ready for.

“Ah, maybe we should go down,” she repeated.

“Chloe, we’re on our honeymoon. Trust me, they won’t be expecting us.”

But Chloe was adamant. In the end, Lex gave in. They chatted quietly over a delicious dinner of fresh seafood. Chloe tried not to get nervous about the night to come. She could see that Lex was a little frustrated at the way she denied him closeness, but he was doing his best to hide it.

At bedtime, she changed into her old pyjamas, hiding a grin at the look on Lex’s face. She just wasn’t ready to wear the sexy nightwear that Lois had insisted she buy for the honeymoon. As much as she wanted him, she wasn’t ready to admit that to him and if she had worn the nightdress Lois had picked out it would be like a red flag to a bull.

As she got into bed beside Lex, she looked at him. He was wearing silk pyjama pants and nothing else. She tensed as he leaned over her and took her hand.

“Chloe,” he said softly, “you don’t have to be nervous. We won’t do anything you don’t want to do, okay? I can be patient.”

A tidal wave of relief washed over her and Chloe sighed and relaxed. She bit her lip.

“Lex, do you ... could you just ... hold me?”

“Of course,” he said, putting his arms around her. Chloe felt a feeling of warmth, of security as she closed her eyes and breathed in his scent. It was so male and so Lex that it was comforting. She sighed again and snuggled into him.

Lex was at once elated and terrified as he watched Chloe drift off in his arms. She seemed so nervous but had relaxed the moment he’d promised he wouldn’t pressure her. Chloe murmured as she began to fall into a deep sleep. Lex gently brushed a curl away form her forehead. Her blonde hair shone like a halo around her head.

“Goodnight angel,” he whispered.

He was still going to burn those pyjamas. First chance he got.

Next morning they spent sightseeing around the island, renting the little scooters used by tourists. Chloe laughed at Lex as he lost his balance and fell off, much to his chagrin. He shot her a glare and she giggled hysterically.

They walked around the local markets, trying out the delicacies. They had their choice of fresh tropical fruits which tasted better than any available at home.

After lunch back at the resort, Chloe decided to try out the blue waters. She changed into a bikini – another spontaneous purchase that Lois had convinced her would look fantastic on her. Chloe looked at herself critically in the bathroom mirror, turning this way and that to check out how she looked. Lex knocked on the bathroom door.

“Chloe?”

She grabbed a sarong she had bought that morning in the market, tying it hurriedly around her waist.

“Hey, I was wondering what you were doing.”

Lex, thankfully, made no comment on her appearance.

“Um, I thought I’d take a swim out in the sea. Want to join me?” She hoped it sounded casual enough. But Lex shook his head reluctantly.

“I have to get this contract finished. But I should be done in an hour or so.”

“Lex,” she pouted. “You promised you wouldn’t bring any work.”

He sighed. “I know angel. I’m sorry. It’s just ... if I don’t ...”

“Yeah, I understand.”

She left him, putting on flip-flops and walking onto the hot white sand. The resort had a private beach, which was okay by her. At least no one would be able to see her. She dropped the sarong on the beach and walked into the cool water. She swam for a while, then sunbathed on one of the loungers supplied by the resort staff.

After an hour, she looked up for Lex, but he was nowhere in sight.

“Workaholic,” she muttered.

Needing to cool off again from the heat bearing down on her, Chloe walked back into the surf for another swim. A short while later, Lex appeared, wearing swimming trunks that left little to the imagination. Chloe stood, staring as he walked down to the water. Her mouth was dry as her gaze raked over his slender body. He might not be as muscular as Clark, but damn, she thought.

So distracted was she by the sight of her husband – and didn’t that just bring a little tingle all over her body, she didn’t see the wave that swept her off her feet. She fell on her butt, spluttering and coughing as she took in water. She tried to get back on her feet and cried out at a sharp pain in her foot.

Lex ran up to her.

“Chloe? Are you all right?”

“I think I twisted my ankle,” she said, mentally berating herself.

Without hesitation, Lex picked her up and took her back to the lounger, laying her gently down. Chloe’s ankle was throbbing.

“It’s already starting to swell,” he said.

“Damn it,” she said, upset.

“It’s not so bad,” he said. “We’ll put some ice on it once we get to our room and it will be good as new tomorrow.”

But Chloe was too upset to listen. Even as Lex carried her back to their room and applied ice thoughtfully provided by resort staff who had seen him carry her out of the water. One of the staff also provided some cream with arnica which he said would help with the bruising.

Chloe lay on the bed, frustrated at this turn of events.

“I’m sorry Lex,” she said.

“For what?”

“I’ve gone and spoiled things.”

“It’s just a little sprain,” he said. He rubbed some of the cream on his hands and gently massaged her ankle. Chloe was prepared for the pain, but she wasn’t prepared for the gentleness of his hands, or for the little tingle that ran through her.

Lex finished rubbing the cream into her foot. Chloe already began to feel a little better as the medicine worked its magic. Lex went to wash his hands and came back out.

“So much for getting some sun,” Chloe sighed.

Lex sat on the bed. “Well, I burn easily anyway.”

Chloe looked at him questioningly. He smirked. “Redheads usually do.”

She had to think about this for a moment. Then realised. “Oh!” She snickered. “It’s funny. I can’t imagine you with red hair.”

“Believe me, I was a carrot top. If the meteor shower hadn’t happened, I probably would have been taunted worse for the red than being bald,” he said ruefully.

“Well, I like you bald.”

Lex smirked.

“What?” she asked.

“I seem to recall a few years ago someone saying that I should at least have been able to get a good toupee.”

“Oh my god,” she moaned. “First off, I don’t even remember saying something like that, since I was under the influence of that thing ... whatever it was. God, it reminds me of those creatures from that tv show you used to have all the episodes to.”

“Still do,” he admitted, interrupting her.

“And second,” she continued, with a glare at him for interrupting her. “I was sixteen. Which meant I was a lot less tactful than I am now.”

“Whatever,” he answered.

She mock punched him in the shoulder.

“Ow,” he said. “Is this a Lane trait that I’m going to have to watch out for?”

“You better believe it buster.”

“God help me,” he moaned.

Chloe had to admit it. The little exhchange of jibes had helped cheer her up and take her mind off her ankle. She found herself looking up at Lex. Looking at his delectable mouth with the even more delectable scar underneath the cupid’s bow. She remembered how he’d kissed her at the wedding. She wanted him to kiss her again.

It seemed that they were on the same wavelength. Lex leaned in, his lips taking hers in a gentle kiss. And it seemed like the most natural thing in the world for her to put her arms around him, pulling him closer.

When the kiss was over, she wanted more. She looked at Lex, her eyes doing a little dance. His looked back at her. They both stared at each other for a long moment, as if they were frozen in time. She could feel his hand on her waist, burning an imprint into her bare skin. Then Chloe reached up, gently caressing his brow, tilting her head up, asking for his kiss once more.
                            Last edited by phoenixnz; 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

You are definitely a tease, Leanne. But I love it. And I loved this update. I really like Chloe and Lex together. He seems so far removed from the evil Lex Luthor in the comics and movies. That's what is so great about fan fiction.

Comment

This was a lovely and quite romantic new chapter, Leanne.

Will they take thing slowly and stop after a few kisses or will they get carried away? Either way it's looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎