Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe's Metaphors!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^LOL! Me and you.... we're on the same page...

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
      "It's been years since you and Lois steamed up in the elevator class"

"I'm starting to think our favourite Archer isn't all green"

"And how many arrow toting rambos out there..."

"Pulled his life out of the emergency lane and crossed the line to hero again. But he didn't do it on his own, I changed a couple of tyres along the way"

"I hate to add another box cart to the bad news train..."

It's really starting to get on my wick. I can handle one or two per episode but they're ever increasing. Nobody talks like that in real life so it just grates on me every time. Everyone else's dialogue feels fairly natural except Chloe's, it's like the writes have just decided to give her these kooky metaphors and catch phrases instead of normal dialogue. Or is it just me?
      its just you. i never even noticed this. only analyzers notice this. i bet you are an analyzer am i right? i think chloes words and cacth phrases are what makes her, her. and if you dont like it focus on some other charecter because its not going to go away if you dont like it

Comment

For such a smart Character Chloe is sure hated a lot! Why does it matter I think its a nice way of her explaining her view so Chloe should use them. She should use them like Clark should use his powers.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Embraceurside
        its just you. i never even noticed this. only analyzers notice this. i bet you are an analyzer am i right? i think chloes words and cacth phrases are what makes her, her. and if you dont like it focus on some other charecter because its not going to go away if you dont like it
        agreed is Chloe a Target for darts these days
        Last edited by kneel4justice; 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's really starting to get on my wick. I can handle one or two per episode but they're ever increasing. Nobody talks like that in real life so it just grates on me every time. Everyone else's dialogue feels fairly natural except Chloe's, it's like the writes have just decided to give her these kooky metaphors and catch phrases instead of normal dialogue. Or is it just me?
          It's not just you, it's annoyed me for YEARS. Ugh

Comment

Whatever happened to Chloe's various powers? I am drawing a blank on her healing abilities and super-smart powers. The last I remember was the premiere of season 7 (?) where she escaped out of that prison. Wait, she lost the super-smarts when Brianiac was destroyed, right? Did that also wipe out her healing ability?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian63
              Whatever happened to Chloe's various powers? I am drawing a blank on her healing abilities and super-smart powers. The last I remember was the premiere of season 7 (?) where she escaped out of that prison. Wait, she lost the super-smarts when Brianiac was destroyed, right? Did that also wipe out her healing ability?

Brian
              acaully chloe and her mother are infected by meteor rock In the season seven episode "Sleeper", after Lana falls into a catatonic state, after being attacked by the Kryptonian artificial intelligence known as Brainiac , Chloe decides to spend her time running Lana’s Isis Foundation, a free clinic for individuals who have been infected by the meteor rocks.In the seventh season finale, Chloe is attacked by Brainiac, but her healing powers prevent him from harming her. When she returns home, Jimmy Olsen , her on-again-off-again boyfriend since season six, proposes marriage. Before Chloe can answer the Department of Domestic Security (DDS) appears and arrests her for hacking into the government database.At the start of season eight, it is revealed that Chloe was not arrested by DDS, but Lex’s security personnel who were impersonating DDS agents. While being subjected to their tests, Chloe discovers that after her altercation with Brainiac she has developed a second ability, super intelligence — which is apparent when she breaks hidden codes faster than LuthorCorp’s supercomputer.Upon their return to Smallville, Chloe takes over the Isis Foundation, a counseling center for those affected by the meteor rocks. In the season eight episode "Abyss", Brainiac begins replacing Chloe's memories with Kryptonian code. Clark takes her to his biological father, Jor-El, and restores her memories, but not before having Jor-El remove the knowledge of Clark's secret.In the episode "Legion", Brainiac possesses Chloe and attempts to drain the world of all its human knowledge. Brainiac is stopped by the Legion, who team up with Clark and help exorcise Brainiac from Chloe's body. Afterward, Chloe's memories of Clark's secret are returned. Does that Help?

Comment

Very much so, Embraceurside. Thank you.

Towards the end of that there is a lot of mention of Chloe's memories and knowledge (of Clark's secret) but not explicitly about her powers, and especially her healing power. Did that just kinda quietly fade away out of the story, or was it also taken away from her forcefully, or other?

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Embraceurside

Hardly. I didn't analyse this episode at all, I rarely do. I watched the episode and guffawed (and not in a good way) when I heard some of her lines, simple as that.

Originally posted by kneel4justice
                  For such a smart Character Chloe is sure hated a lot! Why does it matter I think its a nice way of her explaining her view so Chloe should use them. She should use them like Clark should use his powers.

agreed is Chloe a Target for darts these days
                  It's not the character that's the problem for me at the moment,, it's the writes who seem incapable of giving her any naturalistic dialogue.
                  Last edited by amalie; 02-01-2010, 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

chloe and lois have been doing that for ages and it's only just started to annoy you now?

Comment

Originally posted by computermaster
                      chloe and lois have been doing that for ages and it's only just started to annoy you now?

It's been annoying me for quite a while to be honest but Disciple was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                        It's been annoying me for quite a while to be honest but Disciple was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.
                        fair enough then, but for some reason it only annoys me when chloe and lois do it. I think the likes of lana, lex and clark have done it as well but it doesn't really bother me that much.

Comment

I think its just lousy writing. Its no reflection on the charactes of Chloe or Lois, or AM or ED. Its just the writers thinking they are being very clever. And admittedly, they can be. But sometimes (too often) it just goes totally overboard, and then it grates. One cutesy metaphor here and there is enough to give the script a little spice. When its every 3rd line, its excessive and irritating, and actually takes people out of the scene. Some of the metaphors don't even make sense.

But again, IMO, this isn't a knock on Chloe. This is a writing issue only.

Comment

If someone talked to me that way in real life I'd probably tell them to GTF away from me.

Comment

my fav:
                              "I hate to add another box cart to the bad news train..."

almost seems like they (the writers) are trying too hard

Comment

You know. I don't mind 1 or 2 lines like that in an episode. But Disciple did overdo it with Chloe. Maybe they're showing us what could happen to you if you cut yourself off from the world. You start speaking in metaphors.... Lesson 1, don't hole yourself up in a huge tower all day and night... you'll start talking like Chloe Sullivan and annoy the few people who do actually come around you....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎