X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe's Metaphors!

"It's been years since you and Lois steamed up in the elevator class"

"I'm starting to think our favourite Archer isn't all green"

"And how many arrow toting rambos out there..."

"Pulled his life out of the emergency lane and crossed the line to hero again. But he didn't do it on his own, I changed a couple of tyres along the way"

"I hate to add another box cart to the bad news train..."

It's really starting to get on my wick. I can handle one or two per episode but they're ever increasing. Nobody talks like that in real life so it just grates on me every time. Everyone else's dialogue feels fairly natural except Chloe's, it's like the writes have just decided to give her these kooky metaphors and catch phrases instead of normal dialogue. Or is it just me?
    Last edited by amalie; 01-30-2010, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm really starting to hate listening to Chloe these days, one or two cute little references every now and then are fun, but its sounding more and more like mindless babble, and I'm starting to have trouble keeping up.

Comment

I think it's fun... I wonder what AM does when she gets her script? Although it does start to remind me of Holy fill-in-the-blank Batman! Then again, she's just so clever it amuses me.

Comment

As long as she keeps herself away from cliché lines or proverbs..

Comment

Hahah I didn't realise there were so many this ep!
            I think these lines are the type that sound good in writing, to liven it up but NOT in actual speech as it feels too planned or forced. Know what i mean?
            One or two here or there are ok, but I thought this episode's was a bit much.

Comment

^^^^ I agree with that. It was a bit much in "Disciple."

Though, admittedly, her language does tend to get really tiring at other times, too. I mean, geez, just say what you mean. The constant stream of metaphors and references doesn't make her seem clever. It makes her seem intentionally inaccessible and haughty. Though, that's kind of how she's been overall this year.

Comment

I think it's fun... I wonder what AM does when she gets her script? Although it does start to remind me of Holy fill-in-the-blank Batman! Then again, she's just so clever it amuses me.
                I like them, so I don't mind!

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                  "It's been years since you and Lois steamed up in the elevator class"

"I'm starting to think our favourite Archer isn't all green"

"And how many arrow toting rambos out there..."

"Pulled his life out of the emergency lane and crossed the line to hero again. But he didn't do it on his own, I changed a couple of tyres along the way"

"I hate to add another box cart to the bad news train..."

It's really starting to get on my wick. I can handle one or two per episode but they're ever increasing. Nobody talks like that in real life so it just grates on me every time. Everyone else's dialogue feels fairly natural except Chloe's, it's like the writes have just decided to give her these kooky metaphors and catch phrases instead of normal dialogue. Or is it just me?

So true!

Comment

I think there is less metaphors in Chloe's dialogue than the previous seasons. Seriously before every other line was a metaphor for something, except it used to be funny and interesting now it's just annoying.

Comment

That has bugged me since season 1. I think it got a little better in season 5, as they got out of high school and everyone matured a bit, but it is still very bad. Lois speaks similarly, and it annoys the hell outta me.

I would enjoy the show soooooooooooooo much more if they changed the way those 2 characters talked.

Brian

Comment

I'm not American but I can see if a line seems off. And Chloe's lines are annoying most of the time.

Comment

Chloe's metaphores is a huge part of her character and I do enjoy it.

However I do agree. Sometimes the writers go a little too far with it. One, per episode. Two tops.. but four? Some every day normal exchanges please.

Comment

i just hate the finish line one. you know its bad when you have to stop and think about them. But Lois does the same thing. Though, i really like the way Allison plays Chloe, cuz all her dialogue comes out very natural, and it almost doesn't seem like shes acting anymore. Erica Durance doesn't have that same kind of style, but i really like hers too because its hilarious. Neither is better, just different, and they both work.

Comment

That one confused me so much, I had to think about what she was talking about after she said that line.

I don't like how they have her use so many metaphors, I don't know anyone in real life that can make up stuff like that on the spot. I guess it's all just part of her character but I would like her to just say things normally some times.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎