No announcement yet.

Clark threatening Zod over Lois?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadToad
    I didn't mind the threat. It was a bit strong, but I think Clark needed to show Zod no weakness.

What I didn't like was that this completely validated the point I made about Clark's lack of foresight in deciding that he and Lois should become an official couple practically the same day he came out to Zod. I mean, really, did Clark not consider this possibility? Had it never occured to him that Zod might target Lois to get to him? This is one of those issues where the absence of Clark's POV on this really adversely effects his storyline.IMO
    I agree, but Zod didn't learn about Lois until he heard Clark say her name before he rushed off. Maybe Clark thought he could try to keep his personal life secret from the Kandorians, who knows. But they do need to give us his POV more.

----- Added 45 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by uncaged
    Well, I see your point that he should have had some foresight, but I'm glad that Clark is reaching the point where he's willing to live his life and just deal with the consequences as they come. I'm not a huge fan of him breaking the girls' hearts just to keep them safe and it only causes him problems later when the threat is over
    ITA
    Last edited by Ek12; 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That was ssssoooo sweet!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I just wish that would have been the A plot rather than the B plot.
        I totally agree. I loved Clark in the episode. He was what I would expect him to be, and I can now see him becoming the Superman I know and Love.

Lois brings out the best in him, and visa versa.

I also enjoyed Lois and Zod scene, and all of Clark's scenes with Zod.

I felt this is what save the episode. The Ollie storyline really was a let down. To be truthful though, I don't like Ollie centric episodes. (Toxic, Roullette etc..)

while both, including this one had some good Clois momments. It's just I rather that the episodes focus on Clark and Superman, which is the whole reason I watch Smallville.

Comment

I didn't mind the threat. It was a bit strong, but I think Clark needed to show Zod no weakness.

What I didn't like was that this completely validated the point I made about Clark's lack of foresight in deciding that he and Lois should become an official couple practically the same day he came out to Zod. I mean, really, did Clark not consider this possibility? Had it never occured to him that Zod might target Lois to get to him? This is one of those issues where the absence of Clark's POV on this really adversely effects his storyline.IMO
          Well to play devil's advocate Zod knew nothing about Lois until Clark mentioned when he got the call she was shot with the arrow. However you are correct about Clark's Pov on dating Lois; this is part of the reason Clark should have been the A story tonight. Again they give Ollie's pov on his feeling about Lois. I guess its all about who they want prioritize with them. We did get a little pov when it come to Chloe thou.

Comment

I think that I'm just very confused on what exactly the plan is. Is the plan to befriend Zod or threaten him to a point where he gets ticked off? All Zod has to do is pull a piece of kryptonite on Clark and he's done. So threatening him, which under normal circumstances I would have no problem with, doesn't make a lot of sense. I also don't understand how Clark can charge out of his house while Zod is still in there while mentioning that Lois was hurt right in front of him. And why are those towers built? Isn't the whole point to prevent the towers from being built? Seriously, are the writers even trying this year?

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              I think that I'm just very confused on what exactly the plan is. Is the plan to befriend Zod or threaten him to a point where he gets ticked off? All Zod has to do is pull a piece of kryptonite on Clark and he's done. So threatening him, which under normal circumstances I would have no problem with, doesn't make a lot of sense. I also don't understand how Clark can charge out of his house while Zod is still in there while mentioning that Lois was hurt right in front of him. And why are those towers built? Isn't the whole point to prevent the towers from being built? Seriously, are the writers even trying this year?
              I thought I heard the Kandarions needed that book of ROA to help build the towers and turn the sun Red.

Comment

But the towers are already mostly built. I think the need the book of Rao to turn the sun red. I'm just not sure why Clark is allowing the towers to get built when he knows that they are the source of whatever turns the sun red.

In fact, I just have no flipping idea what Clark's plan is here. Again, no POV.

Comment

But the towers are already mostly built. I think the need the book of Rao to turn the sun red. I'm just not sure why Clark is allowing the towers to get built when he knows that they are the source of whatever turns the sun red.

In fact, I just have no flipping idea what Clark's plan is here. Again, no POV.
                  See I didn't catch that the towers was already built looks like I am going to have to watch this half well done episode again.

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
                    I thought I heard the Kandarions needed that book of ROA to help build the towers and turn the sun Red.
                    Yeah, he needs that but it looks like Zod already took care of the heavy lifting between "Pandora" and "Disciple". Now he needs one final piece and Clark, somehow, is allowing Zod to get pretty damn close to accomplishing his plan. I actually had to laugh at the fact that it took all of one episode for Zod to break into Clark's house and then Clark just leaves him in there!

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                      Yeah, he needs that but it looks like Zod already took care of the heavy lifting between "Pandora" and "Disciple". Now he needs one final piece and Clark, somehow, is allowing Zod to get pretty damn close to accomplishing his plan. I actually had to laugh at the fact that it took all of one episode for Zod to break into Clark's house.
                      Well see, this is why the Oliver nonsense should have been the C plot. We could have gotten caught up on why Clark is allowing the Towers to be built, and had Tess in the episode to see what she thinks and what she is doing to prevent the Towers from going up.

Comment

Book of Rao? I thought he said they needed that disc thing that Jor-El hid. I heard him say Rao, but I didn't think it was book of Rao. That disc isn't a book. Unless Kryptonian books look much different.

Comment

seriously, the Kandorians are just clones. Clark shouldn't have a problem with killing them anyway. technically, they're already dead. and besides, he knows what could happen with Zod and what's happened before. There's no way he's going to let clones of villians get in the way of his love for Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            Book of Rao? I thought he said they needed that disc thing that Jor-El hid. I heard him say Rao, but I didn't think it was book of Rao. That disc isn't a book. Unless Kryptonian books look much different.
                            Yeah the disk thing Chloe took is the book.

Comment

That was one pretty awesome Clark and Zod moment.

Comment

You know the best parts of this show seems to take place in offscreenville. However I think what he saw in Pandora is also coming into play.
                                Unfortunately they are. Too many things happen there. Like Matt (myankskent), I also wonder what Clark's plan is in dealing with Zod. We should have seen him talk to Jor-El at the FoS & tell him what the Jor-El clone told him (regarding saving Zod, not killing him).

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Yeah the disk thing Chloe took is the book.
                                I like the way you think. Even though we didn't see her take it, we know she did. And I'm sure it will elevate Clark's reaction to her in tonight's episode (regarding her actions in Roulette). I just wish they could make Lois part of it somehow by having her find out Chloe's role in Jimmy's death since I think a reaction from Lois of Chloe's season 8 activities with Davis is sorely needed.
                                Last edited by xrayvision; 01-29-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎