0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Excruciatingly bad
    0%

Damn… for a group that can’t procreate, them sure were a lot of vampires coming out of the woodwork last night.

I loved it and gave it a 9. It had a lot of twists and connections that would’ve made the soap opera genera proud but it also had a few “DUH” moments.

1. Like why, why… Stefan would you lie to Damon about freeing Katharine from the tomb, when you know he's just gonna go all “Godfather” on Elena and put her head in your bed when you don’t do it. (My poor delusional Stefan, I luv ya but that was the duhest moment of the night. He must be drinking some bad rabbit juice.)

2. And why,why… is Elena feeling so comfortable and safe around Damon, is she nuts.

3. Elena having an adrenaline rush over seeing them torture & kill the Vamp...AH NO! It was psychotic but not an adrenaline rush.

4. When Alaric & Damon met, that hand shake should have spoke volumes of a story because those rings are huge….even if you weren’t looking...it's kinda hard to miss or feel those.

5. How come Bonnie doesn’t get a little weed sac from Elena.

6. With every thing Alaric knows, why would he hold the vervain in his hands and not already have it incorporated into his bling.

Overall great entertainment but I hope not everyone is a vamp cuz that will get old really fast.
    Last edited by Saber; 01-29-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Loved it! "he has to die" "Elena, He was invited In" a powerful line.
      Kinda scared me when the vamp was hanging from Elena's ceiling! eek!

I wonder if Alaric is descended from a line of Vampire hunters, like Jeremy.

So are they hinting that Damon killed Elena's real Mother! Relationships are really
      getting entwined. Next week looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Saber

6. With every thing Alaric knows, why would he hold the vervain in his hands and not already have it incorporated into his bling.
        Great question. Yea you would think that Alaric would.

Comment

1. I think Stefan intends to trap Damon in the crypt with Katherine.

Comment

I liked this better than last week's, but still the series isn't living up to the potential it seemed to have early on and is losing its luster for me. Killing interesting plotlines/characters just when you've started to get into them certainly hasn't helped in that regard.

Hey the dude from Life As We Know It (great shortlived show)/Never Back Down was in this (Ben). But given that he's only 27/28 years old in real life, shouldn't his character be like a freshman in highschool at most? Or perhaps younger? Lol seriously you would thing if they wanted a "post-highschool" age character they would have cast a 40 or 50 year old. Where's the logic, right?

Anna being a vamp came completely out of left field, impossible to predict that. But after she was revealed as a vamp, she still came off "innocent and cutesy" to me (ie. no real change). Expected more of a bloodthirsty or perhaps "aged" thing going on, but instead she came off just as immature or "young" as before. So unless she's a newly or recently turned vamp, it wasn't acted very well imo. She has funny teeth by the way. heh

The most enjoyable aspect of the episode for me was the referencing of "the Salvatore Brothers" as a force to contend with. I don't think they've done that before in this way and it was cool to see. Stefan acting as sort of a "henchman" brother as Damon watched on in approval was great fun. Elena reacting in shock to the torture and death was a little off considering this vampire had been terrorizing her and came this close to murdering her. You'd think she would have wanted to administer the finishing blow herself. I enjoyed the little "Buffy" moments with her, but I'm glad they didn't over-do it--as afterall, she's not Buffy--she's our beloved airhead Elena.

7/10

More "duh" stuff to add to Saber's list:

7. Why do they continue to make a big deal out of vamps being invited into a person's home? As if that's the only way a vamp can get to you? Stefan using the "he was invited" excuse as the basis for his decision to execute the stalker was completely absurd. Even if he wasn't invited, he would still be a threat if he wanted to harm Elena. Dumb!

8. Why aren't vamps capable of chasing other vamps? Time and time again we see vamps go into superspeed mode to evade capture, and vamps like Stefan just stand by helplessly, as if he was a mere human himself. Very dumb!

9. Why does Nina Dobrev always look so goddamned TIRED? Lol seriously I don't know what it is about her eyes but it's been annoying me all season long, that and her lousy acting. (I guess maybe she's even more tired of herself than we are.)

10. Glad the blonde chick is back--Caroline. So much more of a bearable and interesting actress than Dobrev. Why didn't they make the blonde Elena and Dobrev just one of the many random teens eaten by vampires never to be seen or heard from again?

Finally, let us all pray to the TV gods up above that they don't actually bring Katherine back, in any shape or form. Can you imagine having to put up with not one, but TWO Nina Dobrevs on screen? I'm already getting tired just thinking about it--not as tired as Dobrev looks of course, but you know what I mean. heh j/k

Originally posted by emc3015
            Good thinking. Would be great if Damon also suspects this and is planning to turn the tables on Stefan by trapping him instead.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 01-31-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emc3015

that is somthing i never thought of... good thinking

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Xanderman
              I liked this better than last week's, but still the series isn't living up to the potential it seemed to have early on and is losing its luster for me. Killing interesting plotlines/characters just when you've started to get into them certainly hasn't helped in that regard.

Hey the dude from Life As We Know It (great shortlived show)/Never Back Down was in this (Ben). But given that he's only 27/28 years old in real life, shouldn't his character be like a freshman in highschool at most? Or perhaps younger? Lol seriously you would thing if they wanted a "post-highschool" age character they would have cast a 40 or 50 year old. Where's the logic, right?

Anna being a vamp came completely out of left field, impossible to predict that. But after she was revealed as a vamp, she still came off "innocent and cutesy" to me (ie. no real change). Expected more of a bloodthirsty or perhaps "aged" thing going on, but instead she came off just as immature or "young" as before. So unless she's a newly or recently turned vamp, it wasn't acted very well imo. She has funny teeth by the way. heh

The most enjoyable aspect of the episode for me was the referencing of "the Salvatore Brothers" as a force to contend with. I don't think they've done that before in this way and it was cool to see. Stefan acting as sort of a "henchman" brother as Damon watched on in approval was great fun. Elena reacting in shock to the torture and death was a little off considering this vampire had been terrorizing her and came this close to murdering her. You'd think she would have wanted to administer the finishing blow herself. I enjoyed the little "Buffy" moments with her, but I'm glad they didn't over-do it--as afterall, she's not Buffy--she's our beloved airhead Elena.

7/10

More "duh" stuff to add to Saber's list:

7. Why do they continue to make a big deal out of vamps being invited into a person's home? As if that's the only way a vamp can get to you? Stefan using the "he was invited" excuse as the basis for his decision to execute the stalker was completely absurd. Even if he wasn't invited, he would still be a threat if he wanted to harm Elena. Dumb!

8. Why aren't vamps capable of chasing other vamps? Time and time again we see vamps go into superspeed mode to evade capture, and vamps like Stefan just stand by helplessly, as if he was a mere human himself. Very dumb!

9. Why does Nina Dobrev always look so goddamned TIRED? Lol seriously I don't know what it is about her eyes but it's been annoying me all season long, that and her lousy acting. (I guess maybe she's even more tired of herself than we are.)

10. Glad the blonde chick is back--Caroline. So much more of a bearable and interesting actress than Dobrev. Why didn't they make the blonde Elena and Dobrev just one of the many random teens eaten by vampires never to be seen or heard from again?

Finally, let us all pray to the TV gods up above that they don't actually bring Katherine back, in any shape or form. Can you imagine having to put up with not one, but TWO Nina Dobrevs on screen? I'm already getting tired just thinking about it--not as tired as Dobrev looks of course, but you know what I mean. heh j/k

Good thinking. Would be great if Damon also suspects this and is planning to turn the tables on Stefan by trapping him instead.

you just hated on her career lol

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

i really don't know if i think Stephan is lying to Damon. i think he might be lying to Elena about lying to Damon
              Last edited by NicoleJ; 02-03-2010, 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I enjoyed this episode...my perspective may be a bit skewed as I watched it at the end of a marathon over 2 days where I watched all of the first 12 episodes one after the other!! I watched the premiere and enjoyed it, but for some reason never watched again (that reason is named Bones)...anyway, I finally watched all the episodes online and am really enjoying the series. In fact I think Bones may get relegated to the DVR this week so I can watch TVD live...It makes sense seeing as how I will be watching Supernatural right after that.

Stefan's plan is never gonna work. Why does he think Damon is just gonna trust him all the sudden?? Stefan seems to think he has Damon right where he wants him, but I'm sure Damon has his own motives for playing along...

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                  I enjoyed this episode...my perspective may be a bit skewed as I watched it at the end of a marathon over 2 days where I watched all of the first 12 episodes one after the other!! I watched the premiere and enjoyed it, but for some reason never watched again (that reason is named Bones)...anyway, I finally watched all the episodes online and am really enjoying the series. In fact I think Bones may get relegated to the DVR this week so I can watch TVD live...It makes sense seeing as how I will be watching Supernatural right after that.

Stefan's plan is never gonna work. Why does he think Damon is just gonna trust him all the sudden?? Stefan seems to think he has Damon right where he wants him, but I'm sure Damon has his own motives for playing along...

Oh dude lol that is my every thursday night: watch Bones, tape the vampire diaries then go to supernatural and watch what i taped lol and Fridays: Smallville!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                    Anna being a vamp came completely out of left field, impossible to predict that.
                    Anna sort of reminds me of Lana. Anyone else see the resemblance?

The most enjoyable aspect of the episode for me was the referencing of "the Salvatore Brothers" as a force to contend with. I don't think they've done that before in this way and it was cool to see. Stefan acting as sort of a "henchman" brother as Damon watched on in approval was great fun.
                    Yea that was awesome. I'm kinda shocked that they didn't have Damon kill the vamp, opposed to the "good guy" Steffan.

Comment

I really liked it and the Bamon scenes. The storyline is getting much better compared to the beginning of the series. I want to see more Bonnie scenes and her storyline.

Comment

"You just found out your boyfriend is a... vampire, so unless your birth parents are aliens, how bad could it be?"

I liked the episode but it was kinda meh. To me the bests parts about it were the twists and finding out more about the other vampires and about Elena's real parents. Very intriguing, a lot of things to get excited about the next episode. But for this one, it just didn't.....stand out. Regardless, it was pretty good, so I'll give it a 8 out of 10. So glad Matt finally took the chance and went with Caroline.

Comment

OMG, can this stop getting better, i totally loved this episode.

And what's with these 100 years old bunch of teen vampires just walks in to mystic falls and just to be killed by Salvatore brothers? Lol can they take break for killing... its like the show other side of cast (mainly guest stars) walking in and walking out with no room of returning(being dead).

oh Elena pokes vampire...he he..Not so hard to bring a vampire down after all, she almost had that lusty vampire. What's didn't sound logical to me...knowing that the vampire is being invited and also knows that Elene mostly can be attacked by that silly vampire, why Salvatore bros ask her to drink vervain? instead of giving her a compass that just doesn't come to use when she faces real vampire... she obviously can't hit vampire with old piece of junk..can she?

And Rick part of story getting interesting for each episode, i some how thought they will also kill this character soon but it doesn't make sense all those things he is inovolved in.. .He got hands on Gilberts old journal which is also want by the bartender vampire and his lil gf. And Rick flirting with Jenna? And also man flirting with Jermey? i wonder What is he?

Dampn, OMG, I can't stop enjoying when he is on the screen, i love his sarcasam and the way he speaks..
                          awww..poor damon he is trying to make up with Boonie but she don't believe him..but i have strong feeling that they will get along soon..

With all that major plot of human/vampire/witches/and mysterious trauma, we finally got some human drama going around between Matt and Caroline. I really like them getting a long, I see Matt got her reasons for being upset more like he is being upset on himself as she is the daughter of sherrif and rick and he is just a guy who is struggling with life... But glad to see that Matt didn't end up it in the bad.. they both needed that chemistry and finally happy to see Caroline is being used for a good reason than a sex toy for Damon.

overall,i really really enjoyed this episode. can't wait to see where the story will take.
                          10 points from me!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎