Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Disciple?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We get further insight into Oliver's background. I like that the episode acknowledges that there is only so much you can teach yourself on a deserted island and that Oliver would've had to go elsewhere to perfect his skills. Thankfully, Smallville had said training take place after he departed the island. Instead of him getting off the island multiple times, then heading back there, so he can be rescued from it.

I also like that they created "the Brotherhood of Sion", rather than going with the League of Assassins. It ensures that their GA avoids borrowing too much from Batman.

This episode marks the second and final appearance of Mia Dearden. She later re-appears in the season 11 comic as Speedy, having been trained offscreen. Some might disagree with me on this, but I'm glad we didn't see more of her on the show. A common complaint about more recent superhero shows, like Arrow, is that they are overcrowded with superheroes. This show already had Clark and Oliver (and Chloe, depending on how you count her). That's more than enough. It also gives her training a more realistic timespan. She didn't just start out, training to be Oliver's sidekick, in this episode and then show up fully trained two weeks later. It would take time for her to perfect her fighting and archery skills. You don't become a world champion in archery over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎