No announcement yet.

great episode but....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great episode but....

Samuel's earthquake powered cave-in of that small town shows bad timing and bad taste considering all the lives lost from the earthquake in haiti recently. A public service message at the end of the episode, showing heartfelt wishes would've been appropriate. They should've shaved that scene.I'm sure Rush Limbaugh approved though.

No disrespect, it is bad timing, but you can't just change something you've already shot, that episode was shot a long time ago, they can't just change it. Plus, if entertainers changed something because of a tragedy it would mess everything up. They're already done writing and that earthquake that Samuel created was clearly an important part of the story for the season. So I would respectfully disagree with you.

Comment

Yeah real bad timing. But Im glad they didnt cut it since it was a cool scene. When your big bad is an earthquake maker and a real earthquake hapens then it kinda puts you in a bad situation. You can either air it as planned and take some heat or put it on hiatus until things have calmed down. Unfortunatly Heroes does not get good enough ratings to withstand a long hiatus.

I will agree that Heroes would be a logical choice for a public service message they do have a character everybody calls the Haition

Comment

I think it was fine. It was just a coincidence.

Comment

It was fine, it's not like the writers' planned it. It was shot weeks prior to the Haitian earthquake anyway.

Comment

I think it was fine also. It was show months in advance before what happen in Haiti.

Comment

I respect everyone's opinion. But we live in a realtime world, with no ancient tape delay. It would've shown a lot of class. Such as addressing issues that affect us in the real world. I guess it goes to show that heroes has lost that swagger, even though I'm still a fan.

Comment

this just means they're going to reshoot the heroes ending they planned this season. they'll have the haitian show up and destroy the earthquake making guy, samuel. the haitian stops the earthquakes. their meaning behind this is that the haitians will overcome the earthquake. ok they're not. but you know i didn't even think about the haiti earthquake when i saw that. don't know why. didn't think about it.

Comment

I don't understand why it's considered in good taste to change a scene because of something that's happened in real life. Like excluding all shots of New York's skyline because of 9/11. Just seemed kinda stupid to me...

Comment

Yea I didn't even think about the Haiti earthquake. If the show doesn't show an earthquake out of respect for the Haiti fiasco, then why shoot anybody? Shouldn't they also show respect to Abe Lincoln? C'mon it's only T.V., I wouldn't get all hung up on it.

Comment

They removed the twin towers from the promotional shots of the 1st spiderman movie. Why is it so hard a concept to grasp? (respect)

Comment

Well a major motion picture and a television show that gets under 4 million viewers is quite different. It’s like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Plymouth Horizon. Besides, the entire country was conditioned to feel sympathy for the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the Bush Administration played this very cleverly. If you didn’t you were a traitor, or Saddam lover. If Spiderman had included the twin towers, that movie would’ve been shun by the media and the Bush administration, and Columbia Pictures would’ve been black-balled. The image of the twin towers brought up feelings of sadness among Americans, as, well I don’t have to tell you, but so many of us died; it really hit home. An earthquake across an ocean is so far away most Americans don’t give it a second thought.

Comment

Who cares? I mean really we are now upset about this? Do you think it upset the folks in Haiti as they watched it? Wait...NO THEY WEREN'T watching it!
                          We need to concentrate on the orphans and homeless here before we care about a third world country. Survival of the fittest? Anyone hear of it?

Comment

they did fine by doing it.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎