No announcement yet.

"I'll call you later!"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'll call you later!"

Peter says to Emma when she leaves his place, "I'll call you later" how the hell can she talk on the phone??????

Well there are tdd machines that lets the deaf text chat over the phone line using analogue protocols ga
    though it is unlikely for peter to have such an device ga
    so i have no idea how he will call her ga
    perhaps he should have said he will text her instead ga
    it is after all the digital age sk
    sksk

Comment

yeah or they just screwed up......

Comment

yeah, i think they screwed up... i watched the scene again to make sure i didn't misheard what he said.

Comment

I used to have a deaf freind. There's a service they can call to be a kind of inbetween to communicate to people who can hear on the phone. They text the service, and someone who works there calls u to tell u whatever, then u respond to the service worker and they relay that to the deaf individual with a text and the deaf person texts the service worker again and so on and so forth.

You basically don't use it to make long talkie talk conversations but u can get basic information passed back and forth. But I think in this case, the "I'll call you later" was just an expression.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
            Peter says to Emma when she leaves his place, "I'll call you later" how the hell can she talk on the phone??????
            :FACEPALM: Expressions are.... well, expressions. To literally exclude any expression from being used toward a select demographic population is insensitive. And quite frankly, ignorant of you.

You do realize a paraplegic can readily say "s/he will kick your arse" even though s/he can't make use of her/his leg.

I applause Heroes for helping to educate the mass public's ignorant view of people with disabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ~::PhaEj::~
              :FACEPALM: Expressions are.... well, expressions. To literally exclude any expression from being used toward a select demographic population is insensitive. And quite frankly, ignorant of you.

You do realize a paraplegic can readily say "s/he will kick your arse" even though s/he can't make use of her/his leg.

I applause Heroes for helping to educate the mass public's ignorant view of people with disabilities.
              Really? Get a grip it's a television show that let a mistake slip in. I'd love to meet the parapalegic that says to me he can kick my a$$.
              Insensitive? again it's a show and a mistake i pointed out. You sir need to watch tv for the fun of tv.....gosh you just brought me down!
              I appluase you for sucking the enjoyment out of this board!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                I used to have a deaf freind. There's a service they can call to be a kind of inbetween to communicate to people who can hear on the phone. They text the service, and someone who works there calls u to tell u whatever, then u respond to the service worker and they relay that to the deaf individual with a text and the deaf person texts the service worker again and so on and so forth.

You basically don't use it to make long talkie talk conversations but u can get basic information passed back and forth. But I think in this case, the "I'll call you later" was just an expression.
                I've used this service with someone else hard of hearing as well. There's no mistake. Okay, maybe I didn't notice it until going to this thread, but I doubt the writers would accidentally make such a mistake. Believe it or not, not all TV writers are complete idiots.

Comment

Deaf or nonverbal people use ChatRelay services all the time. It is most often used from a computer as a sort of Instant Message system. They type something, the operator says it to the receiver, and the operator types whatever the receiver says back. It's perfectly common place.

Although it was kind of weird, I think it was just to show the dynamic of Peter and Emma's relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                    Really? Get a grip it's a television show that let a mistake slip in. I'd love to meet the parapalegic that says to me he can kick my a$$.
                    Insensitive? again it's a show and a mistake i pointed out. You sir need to watch tv for the fun of tv.....gosh you just brought me down!
                    I appluase you for sucking the enjoyment out of this board!
                    *my interpretation of you*
                    how can i actually get a grip on a tv show? really.... the show is intangible. just signals and electronic gizmo. That must be a slip off!

Lol.

You need to take your own advice and watch tv for its fun... including the expressions of "call you later" instead of creating a whole thread to showcase your level of comprehension IMO. and btw, my money would be on the gimp kickin your arse easily. just pointing out your underestimating his/her ability would be your down fall.

again props to heroes for at least attempting to educate the ignorant population

Comment

why are people suprised by this? anyone heard of a smartphone? you can call someone, text, etc. This is 2010 people!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎