Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana Lang & Pete Ross...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete and Lana I think are just too different on Smallville to be a good ship. I think at this point Lana if better off alone and Pete is better off finding someone who really cares about him.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 03-29-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Was there every an episode where Pete and Lana showed the slightest interest in each other?? I'm scratching my head on that one...

But yeah, Lana and Pete on Smallville wouldn't have worked out as I don't think they had that much chemistry between them.

Comment

^^ IMO relationships on SV rarely have any basis in mutual chemistry

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
          for all we know Lana could of met up with Pete offscreen and is hitting off as we speak. LMAO.
          I wish they would mention that

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
            Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Lana/Pete. For some reason it just doesn't feel right on Smallville.
            I agree, same with Chloe/Pete.

Comment

what would the shipper name be? Late? xD Pena? whahha

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Boy
                Was there every an episode where Pete and Lana showed the slightest interest in each other?? I'm scratching my head on that one...

But yeah, Lana and Pete on Smallville wouldn't have worked out as I don't think they had that much chemistry between them.
                Forget showing interest...they NEVER TALKED. Go back and watch the first three seasons. Lana and Pete say no more than 10 words to each other.

Comment

I'm glad that they were never an item/hinted at becoming one. It gave us a presence of one guy (who appeared for more than one episode), at Smallville High, who wasn't interested in Lana Lang. Heck, just look at the male main cast for the first seven seasons:

Fancied Lana:
                  Clark.
                  Whitney.
                  Jason.
                  Lex.
                  Jimmy (appeared to be attracted in "Static").

Didn't fancy Lana:
                  Pete.
                  Jonathan.
                  Lionel.

Eight male main cast members for season 1-7. Only three never showed any hints of attraction towards Lana. With Jonathan being married. Not to mention, for Jonathan and Lionel, it would've been illegal to date Lana, for the first 3-4 seasons (with her being underage). Leaving us with Pete as the one single guy among the main cast for the first seven seasons (of appropriate age, in relation to Lana), to not be attracted to Lana.

Comment

The AU Lana in "Apocalypse" was married to a guy named Pierre (the French form of "Peter") Rousseau. Assuming that there really is a Pierre Rousseau, then he and Lana could end up together. Might even have been the guy, that we saw by Lana's deathbed in "Hereafter".

Comment

Pete and Lana got together in the comics because it made sense for them to do so... also, Pete was WAY more developed as a character in the comic and cartoon universe, despite the fact that he barely had any appearances there compared to the Smallville universe where he appeared regularly.

In the comics, it made sense for Lana to be attracted to Pete, because he was a humanitarian activist and were interested in politics, etc. He shared a lot of the same values that Clark did, and as a result, it was very easy for him to be best friends with Clark Kent. Lana was exposed to Pete Ross's presence that way, and over time they went from being friends to boyfriends/girlfriends.

On Smallville, Pete was kind of a flat character.... he was merely there to be the normal dude of the group. He did partake in humanitarian activities like the blood drive now and then, but one always got the feeling that it wasn't something he took very seriously, and that the only reason why he did it was to win the hearts of ladies everywhere.
                      I think the worst part of Pete's character is that he was clearly the token character... he was added into Smallville as an afterthought. It was like the writers and directors had set everything up, and then realized they forgot one thing. That some comic canon states that a Pete Ross was Clark Kent's best friend.... so they rushed out and grabbed the first random dude they saw to be Clark Kent's best friend.
                      Then add in CW's urge to always add diversity, even though tokenism is always poor writing. Diversity is only good when it's written well, and makes sense.

The fact that the writers had no clue what to do with him.... says a lot about the character. No wonder why Lana Lang barely spoke to the guy on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎