The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

I can't belive this...This is a sad day for Spiderman fans

Hopefully they will solve this somehow...or hopefully the new cast will be brilliant!

Anyway enjoy it.

Well, if this is true then it's sad but I'm looking on the bright side. I loathed what they did with Mary Jane - she was written horribly. Maybe in the reboot they'll do a better job.

Comment

Oy. Completely agree with you Jade on MJ, and I am facepalming right now. To me, since the latest ones were so recent, a "reboot" makes me wonder, why did they go with what they did in the first place, or why not end it at 2?

Back to MJ, let's PLEASE cast someone who doesn't make me compare her to nails on a chalkboard?

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
        Oy. Completely agree with you Jade on MJ, and I am facepalming right now. To me, since the latest ones were so recent, a "reboot" makes me wonder, why did they go with what they did in the first place, or why not end it at 2?

Back to MJ, let's PLEASE cast someone who doesn't make me compare her to nails on a chalkboard?
        LOL! Not to mention writing her so she's not annoyingly passive-aggressive.

I wonder if they already have some plans in mind as to what they'd do with the reboot.

Comment

Wow just heard about this...Well I guess this is a chance for them to do everything right this time.

And just when I started getting hyped about Vulture...

Comment

What a shame. The Spider-Man series was my favorite movie series of the last decade. Nevertheless, I think a reboot was needed, considering how the SM4 was being handled.

I just wish we knew who was coming back in the fourth movie. (I read an article that came out, about a day or so before Spider-Man 3 was released, and it said one of the ones who died in the end would make a return in the next installment.)

Comment

IMO, this is completely unneccessary. I guess as long as the next movie is good it doesn't make a terrible difference in what it is, but the press release starting off with the words: "Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012" didn't excite me. It goes on to say that, "they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises."

Well, that's the first movie.

Now I do admit that the first movie portrays Parker as graduating high school before becoming Spider-Man, and some may want to see a teenage Spider-Man. Not me, but some. But IMO I think it would be better if they kept the actors who play J. Jonah Jameson and Aunt May, recast everyone else, and just focus on making a good movie, rather than wasting time making it clear that the film takes place in a different continuity than the Raimi ones.

That, of course, is just my opinion. And having said that, I do look forward to someone other than Tobey Maguire playing the role of Sleepy Spidey.

Comment

I'm kind of happy. Ideally the rights would have gone to Marvel so Spider-man could be used in cross-overs, but at least it has a chance to get better. This is actually good news. The first Spider-man was great, but 2 and 3 really weren't that good. If you're a Spider-man fan, can you honestly say this series lived up to the potential of the character?

Comment

That is sad that they are ending the Raimi Spider-man movies. I was looking forward to Malcovich as the Vulture. Seriously why is everyone complaining about MJ though. MJ was written fine IMO in the movies. She was written more or less how she acts in the comics, with a little bit of Gwen Stacey's girl next door feel mixed in. I thought the first 2 movies were awesome and the third one was okay, but to each there own I guess.
                  Last edited by Degobunny; 01-11-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                      LOL! Not to mention writing her so she's not annoyingly passive-aggressive.

I wonder if they already have some plans in mind as to what they'd do with the reboot.
                      Right??

I do too, I mean I am really not a Spidey fan, though I did enjoy the first one, despite Kirsten. Re-casting MJ is at the top of the list for me for this.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j03superbat
                      IMO, this is completely unneccessary. I guess as long as the next movie is good it doesn't make a terrible difference in what it is, but the press release starting off with the words: "Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012" didn't excite me. It goes on to say that, "they are moving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises."

Well, that's the first movie.

Now I do admit that the first movie portrays Parker as graduating high school before becoming Spider-Man, and some may want to see a teenage Spider-Man. Not me, but some. But IMO I think it would be better if they kept the actors who play J. Jonah Jameson and Aunt May, recast everyone else, and just focus on making a good movie, rather than wasting time making it clear that the film takes place in a different continuity than the Raimi ones.

That, of course, is just my opinion. And having said that, I do look forward to someone other than Tobey Maguire playing the role of Sleepy Spidey.
                      Excellent post, you've amplified everything else I was thinking.

I would also be content with keeping Jameson and Rosemary in their respective roles.
                      Last edited by WickedJenn; 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Good news

Comment

I just get the feeling that this won't go well. Raimi is saying that he didn't think he could make the summer release date and keep the artistic integrity so.... are they going to find someone who doesn't care about artistic integrity and will take any old script.

Hopefully they have some good things in mind for this reboot because this just sounds like a recipe for disaster. The only way I see this as working is if they have something good already planned that wouldn't work as a Spiderman 4, but is something they could do in a re-boot.

Spider-man 1 and 2 were good and I'm betting that they took a hard lesson from 3 and were actually looking for a good script.

Comment

I agree AFF, on the recipe for disaster. Comic book films need so much of the right people...from not only the script, but the director with the right story in mind and the actors to carry it all out well.

Not that at least the first two movies in this series were bad, they weren't. I mean I thought casting Willem Dafoe for the Goblin was superb, he did an amazing job. I was sorry to not see more of him.

For me, it'll take a heck of a lot to even get me interested to see this reboot...

Comment

As much as people don't like MJ, I think if they wrote her well in Spiderman 4, Kristen Dunst could handle it and make it work. If they then had a good script, good direction, and good supporting cast, they could have done just fine with a 4th film.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎