Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Of Mercy ( Chlollie)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe you stopped it there, can't wait to see what happens next!

Comment

Angel Of Mercy

Chapter Four

Chloe took tentative steps forward toward Oliver’s car where the billionaire was still waiting for her. He was just looking at her, his eyes narrowed, and no emotion in his face. What exactly did he know? How did he find out? An even better question was what was he going to do? Chloe made it to Oliver’s car and they were both staring at each other now. Chloe’s emerald green with Oliver’s chocolate brown, he stared at her as if he was looking beyond her, wasn’t even looking at her but at her soul. Chloe lost the stare battle and looked down to her feet in shame. She felt exposed, and ashamed. She was hoping this could have remained her own dirty little secret. And what was worse, Oliver was the one to find out, and she didn’t know why but that was what bothered her the most. Oliver had finally given her his trust again, ever since the incident with Roulette; they’ve worked together closer, forming a tighter bond between them. They were working side by side in Watchtower, staying up late together, planning their next target, sometimes they would take a break and go out and eat in a fast food place that was open until later hours. They would talk for hours, about everything and nothing; he had even given her a nickname “Sidekick”. It used to bother her but not anymore. They had both developed a certain admiration for each other. But now she fears that whatever friendship they did have could be over at this very moment. Chloe’s head remained bowed as she felt the glare of the man in front of her still on her. Chloe wondered the thoughts that might have been going through his head, a woman who dedicated her life to save lives, was here about to end one. But he had to know that it must be done. Who knows how many more lives would be at stake if she kept it alive.

After a few more seconds of silence Chloe took a deep breath and finally asked the question she’s wanted to ask since she received Oliver’s text message.

“Oliver… what are you doing here?” Chloe glanced at Oliver, he hadn’t moved an inch, and he was still staring at her making her look away.

“Chloe…” She heard his voice and she froze and looked up. He straightened himself from his car and walked towards her until he towered her completely.

“Get in the car… now.” Oliver said it with finality and with a voice that said he didn’t even care if she said yes or no. Oliver started walking around his car to the driver’s seat. What? Leave? No, she can’t leave. She had finally made the decision, and this is the right one…right?

“NO.” Oliver froze and looked up at her.

“I am going to do this. You of all people should know why.” Chloe turned around away from Oliver and again toward the crowd of protesters, who were now screaming obscenities towards her as she headed back toward the clinic. Chloe felt a hand on her arm which pulled her back violently; she looked back at Oliver’s face, now she could see the emotion in his face. It was a mixture of disappointment and … anger?

“You’re getting in the goddamn car right now!” Oliver started pushing her toward the car, while the protesters started cheering again, and Chloe planted her feet on the ground making Oliver stop and look back.

“OLIVER NO! I’M GETTING RID OF IT!” Chloe shrugged his arm away and started walking toward the clinic and the protesters screamed again negatively.

“NO YOU’RE NOT!” Ollie grabbed her arm and pulled her back, the protesters cheered on.

“OLLIE, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU”RE DOING!” Chloe let go of his arm and started into a sprint. The protesters started waving their signs higher and she could already hear them chanting their rehearsed chant. Suddenly Chloe’s feet were dangling in the air and strong arms were under her turning around carrying her toward the Black Mercedes behind her. The protesters cheered behind her and Ollie made a tighter grip when Chloe started fighting back.

“OLLIE LET ME GO!” Oliver opened the car door and threw Chloe inside. Oliver ran to the other side of the car, entered and ignited the car driving away from the clinic.

“OLLIE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE!?”
      “I SHOULD BE ASKING YOU THAT SAME QUESTION!” Ollie’s sudden burst made Chloe jump. Oliver passed his hand through his face as if trying to calm himself. Chloe decided not to say anything for the moment; she could see how Oliver was trying to control his anger. She knew Oliver would be disappointed but she never expected this kind of reaction from him. This is why she wanted it to remain a secret because she knew she wouldn’t have been able to bear having the people she cared about disappointed in her.

Chloe took a deep breath as she felt the familiar knot form in her throat. Chloe’s shame hadn’t surfaced as hard as it did now, as she was completely exposed to Oliver, a man she’s always wanted to show how strong she was, she never knew why but she never wanted Oliver to see her weaknesses. She had already shown Oliver her weakness back when she protected Davis. She promised herself never to let him see that part of her again; she disappointed so many people before because of what happened. When Chloe worked side by side with Oliver she felt as his equal, simply because he was the only one from their team of superheroes that really was just human. They understood each other more than anyone, they knew what it really was to feel weak and feel worthless for they didn’t have super strength, and they couldn’t run really fast. That’s why they both had to work harder than anyone to prove their worth. But now here she was, her mistakes exposed all out in the open.

“I followed you.” Chloe glanced at Oliver as she heard his voice break her from her thoughts, after a whole hour of silence.

“Lois told me about your nightmares, and she told me that she was worried about you. And when you didn’t pick up your phone she called me and I told her not to worry that I was going to find you.”

Oliver parked in front of the Talon and Chloe waited for him to finish his explanation. He wasn’t looking at her but forward, his voice still had a trace of anger, or was it disappointment? Chloe’s chest hurt with just thinking about it.

“I found you because your phone has a tracking device.” Chloe’s eyes widened and her mouth opened but Oliver spoke before she could argue.

“You didn’t really think I’d let the camera in my belt thing past did you?” Chloe rolled her eyes at that.

“I guess I deserve that.” Chloe whispered.

“You do, and much more. Anyway, imagine my shock when I locate you in a… a…an abortion clinic. What the hell Chloe!? And to think my shock isn’t that you’re pregnant but… that you’re getting rid of it?” Oliver finally looked at Chloe and Chloe averted her eyes. She didn’t want to see his face, judging her up and down.

“Why would you do that?” Oliver asked. Chloe’s eyes started blurring as she felt tears building up. She pushed them back; she was not going to cry in front of him.

“You, who dedicate your life to SAVING lives. And now you’re…”Oliver left the sentence hanging in the air unable to finish it.

“You of all people should know why.” She heard Oliver give a sigh beside her. He of all people should know her shame and guilt… or maybe he couldn’t know.

“Chloe, I understand how hard it must be for you. Looking at his face, everyday, reminding you of him but… he wouldn’t want you to do this.”

“How would you know?” Chloe’s voice broke as the tears puddle at the edge of her eyes and she turned her gaze to Oliver.

“Jimmy wouldn’t want you to throw away … the only memory you’ll ever have of him.” Chloe’s breath caught in her throat. Jimmy? Oh God… Did Oliver think it was Jimmy’s?? The thought made Chloe’s held back tears fall down. Oliver couldn’t even think that it could be Davis’s… why? Because he trusted her enough to believe she would never do that. Well, how could she sleep with a monster? But to Chloe Davis wasn’t Doomsday that night. He was Davis Bloome a man that needed her help and at that time… Chloe needed to be needed.

Jimmy had just broken up with her and Clark and Lois were living HER dream at the Planet. People she cared about left and right were leaving her behind and Davis held out his arms and caught her when she really needed someone to say “I’m here”. It might have been a moment of weakness but at that second when Davis first kissed her, she didn’t care about what would happen the next morning. She got sucked in to the feeling that in mere moments she would feel complete even for a little while, she would feel loved by a man that really did adore her and she couldn’t help but adore him back. She couldn’t regret that night and what it made her feel.

“Chloe?” Chloe heard her name break through her thoughts. She looked up at Oliver who was looking at her as if waiting for her to say something. Now looking at Oliver she battled with the thought of telling him or not. Should she tell him the baby is Davis’s? But what would he do? Would he give her a drive back to the Clinic? Damn it! She doesn’t know what to do! Chloe closed her eyes and tears fell down like a waterfall. It exploded in her, a feeling of helplessness, like a never ending maze. Soon enough she was sobbing and two arms wrapped around her and held her close. Chloe heard Oliver’s whispering shushing sound as he comforted her by telling her that everything was going to be all right. Those words only made Chloe’s sobbing harder, so hard her chest felt like it would explode. Oliver held her tighter and he held her head close to his chest and she felt a slight touch on the top of her head, a kiss? Soon enough she was seeing black and she felt the exhaustion of three nights without sleep catch up with her.

TBC

This might be my last chapter for a little while. My Mom has just passed away two days ago. But I'm leaving you with this and I hope I can write more soon.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, sincere condolences.

On the chapter, I thought it was great, when I read Chloe's reaction I thought the daddy might be Davis, urgh so hard. Does that mean that the baby might have doomsday dna? omg talk about complicated. Will look forward to the next update but don't worry about when that is, we'll be here whenever your ready, take care.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family. Writing this must be difficult considering how angsty and painful the thoughts Chloe and Oliver both have to process are. Take all the time you need to cope with your own loss first.

I think you did a brilliant job handling Oliver's reaction to finding her and the conclusion he came to. Obviously as you said he'd assume that the baby is Jimmy's. She came back to them all, she saved him, of course his previous jealously and suspicion of her isn't going to be at the forefront of his mind, but as he looks at her and lets it all sink in, wondering how far along she is, he's start to suspect and I'm waiting with baited breath for that fall out.

Well plotted and written chapter. Great characterizations and brilliant introspection on Chloe's part. Looking forward to the next instalment when it comes.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences to you and your family.
            Don't worry about writing this story for now. Just take all the time you need to cope with your loss.
            and when you are ready to write again, i will be here to cheer you on!!
            I really do love this story!!

Comment

brilliant story, i hope you are able to write more soon!

Comment

I just re-read this fic, it is so powerful. I really hope you feel up to updating it soon. You are a very talented writer to cover this topic and I am dying to know how it will end.

Comment

nudge...nudge...

Comment

Wow, I'm back. Thanks all for the comments! Here I am with only a teaser for now and to tell you guys that I'm working on this story again and writing it. It'll come slowly BUT it's coming jeje. I'm trying to reconnect with this story again but first I would like to know if anyone is reading it lol. Anyway, here's a teaser of the next chapter.

Teaser

Davis pulled her back against the bed kissing her neck, her abdomen, then back to her lips. Slowly they took off their clothing until all that was between them was skin. Davis slipped inside and Chloe could feel wave after wave of love, with each wave her world slowly disappeared. It was her and Davis, only them, no one to tell her no, just wave after wave of yes. Chloe’s hand gripped the edge of the bed as hard as she could as she got near the end. Davis whispered her ear over and over again “I love you” feeding her need and desire. Chloe gasped on Davis’s ear as she reached her climax and then she felt a drip of something on her hand. Chloe opened her eyes as she saw a drip of blood resting on her hand. Chloe was going to move but Davis grip got tighter around her, so tight she thought he would squeeze her flat.

“Davis…” Chloe practically gasped, Davis’s grip was so tight she could hardly breathe. But then she looked down on the floor… every inch covered with blood. She looked around her, the walls, Lois’s body hanging without it’s bottom half, Jimmy, Clark and Oliver, all were the same way.

“Oh my God… Davis!” Chloe tried to get out of his grip when she looked into his eyes. His baby blues had gone red, blood red.

“Chloe… they didn’t deserve you.”

“NO DAVIS!!” Chloe slammed open her eyes and quickly raised herself up and slammed against a soft body and arms wrapped around her.

“Whoa! Hey, calm down. It’s ok, it was just a bad dream.” A masculine voice whispered in her ear. Chloe’s eyes were dripping tears and her heart was racing so hard it was about to come out her mouth.

“Hey, it’s ok. Chloe you’re shaking.” The arms pulled her away and she was staring at the face of Oliver Queen.

TBC

I will post more very soon!

Comment

I love this story, can't wait for more!

Comment

I'm glad you're back! Love this story can't wait for another update!

Comment

OK here's the next chapter, hope you guys like it!

Angel of Mercy
                          Chapter Five

Chloe shut the door and sat down in the bed, deep in thought. They had been traveling for a few hours and it was already night time. They decided to check in a motel but they paid in cash not credit card. Chloe sighed heavily, leaning down and cradling her head on her hands. She had just hung up on Clark and she couldn’t get the conversation out of her head. The feeling of regret started creeping up her spine. Did she make the right decision? Should she be here? This started as a mission to save Davis but … it might cost her so much. Her friends, her life even. Chloe felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked back to see two blue eyes staring down at her, the man that had become the center of her life.

“Are you ok?” Davis asked as he kneeled in front of her.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little tired.” Chloe looked down to her lap, trying not to look at his face so he wouldn’t see how watery her eyes had gotten.

“That’s not it. You’re starting to regret this aren’t you?” Chloe glanced up, it always amazed her how Davis was so in tune with her. Wow, she had finally found a man that understood her and… he was a monster.

“No… never. I want to help you, Davis.” She cupped his face with her hands and tried to be as sincere as possible. It was true, she wanted to save Davis.

“Then why are you crying?”

“I… I just… I’m going to miss my friends, I guess.”

“I don’t know why you would.” Chloe looked up at Davis and stared at him.

“How could you say that? Look, I know that, they seem like bad people but really they try to do their best in protecting the world… even if… even if sometimes their ways aren’t the right ones.” Chloe lowered her head and stared at the floor, not looking at Davis. In her mind, she remembered the incident at the fortress. Clark was about to send Davis to the Phantom Zone but she stopped him. She couldn’t let Davis live a life like that monster, inside an unending desert and prison. She could never forgive herself if she knew she gave up on him like that. Davis put a finger to her chin and raised her face to look at his.

“I didn’t mean it that way. I meant that why would you miss them when they obviously don’t care for you like I do. They take you for granted every day, only using you for what they need and when they’re done, they leave you all alone.” Chloe wished that none of that was true but she couldn’t help it. Pictures of Clark raced through her mind, all those times at the Torch when he wanted her help and she always gave him her undivided attention but when she needed something more from him it never happened.

“They will NEVER want you… like I do.” Davis’s lips suddenly were inches from hers. His hands moved up her thighs and she could feel her breathing start to go faster.

“If I had someone like you, I would show you each and every day how much… I love you.” Chloe didn’t know why those words brought her so much comfort. Maybe it was because it was exactly she wanted… no… needed to hear, someone, anyone, to tell her that they really needed her. Because all she had felt recently has been the cold shoulder of everyone she cares about. She could still feel the scars that Jimmy’s words left when he told her that marrying her was the biggest mistake of his life and Oliver’s saying she had turned into a villain, harboring a killer when all she wanted was to help. Then there’s Lois and Clark. Though it was not intentionally but she has never told anyone how seeing them live her dream at the Planet hurt her so much. SHE wanted to work with Clark at the Planet. It was her dream… and it was also taken away by someone she loved. Her world had shifted under her feet and in the end all that was left was… the man in front of her.

Next thing she knew, Chloe felt Davis’s lips on hers, soft and sweet, nothing like the monster inside of him. Every cold shoulder she felt, every word that hurt, with each kiss disappeared. Chloe knew this wouldn’t last and she already knew that she wasn’t in love with Davis. But simply taking in that feeling that someone out there adored every single part of her, that someone wasn’t about to tell her she was a mistake. She couldn’t help but want to adore him back… even for just this one night.

Davis pulled her back against the bed kissing her neck, her abdomen, then back to her lips. Slowly they took off their clothing until all that was between them was skin. Davis slipped inside and Chloe could feel wave after wave of love, with each wave her world slowly disappeared. It was her and Davis, only them, no one to tell her no, just wave after wave of yes. Chloe’s hand gripped the edge of the bed as hard as she could as she got near the end. Davis whispered her ear over and over again “I love you” feeding her need and desire. Chloe gasped on Davis’s ear as she reached her climax and then she felt a drip of something on her hand. Chloe opened her eyes as she saw a drip of blood resting on her hand. Chloe was going to move but Davis grip got tighter around her, so tight she thought he would squeeze her flat.

“Davis…” Chloe practically gasped, Davis’s grip was so tight she could hardly breathe. But then she looked down on the floor… every inch covered with blood. She looked around her, the walls, Lois’s body hanging without its bottom half, Jimmy, Clark and Oliver, all were the same way.

“Oh my God… Davis!” Chloe tried to get out of his grip when she looked into his eyes. His baby blues had gone red, blood red.

“Chloe… they didn’t deserve you.”

“NO DAVIS!!” Chloe slammed open her eyes and quickly raised herself up and slammed against a soft body and arms wrapped around her.

“Whoa! Hey, calm down. It’s ok, it was just a bad dream.” A masculine voice whispered in her ear. Chloe’s eyes were dripping tears and her heart was racing so hard it was about to come out her mouth.

“Hey, it’s ok. Chloe you’re shaking.” The arms pulled her away and she was staring at the face of Oliver Queen. Then memories soon came to her. He had found her, where she was, and soon the shame she used to feel came back to her.

“Ollie?” Chloe looked around and saw they were at the Talon.

“You fell asleep, I guess you were exhausted. I brought you up here, left you sleeping while I went over to the Watchtower to check a few things and then I came back with lunch and I found you screaming your head off and going all Exorcist on me.” Chloe took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. It felt so real. The dream was how that night had happened exactly except for her friends without half of their bodies hanging on the walls. She can’t keep living like this, constant anxiety all the time, not being able to sleep.

“Chloe.” Oliver said almost whispering, as if he was scared to speak. Chloe looked up at him and saw confusion and worry all over his face.

“Chloe, what’s the matter huh? Why do you keep having these nightmares? What’s wrong?” Oliver put his hand on her shoulder and could still feel Chloe shake under his touch. Oliver was starting to get really worried for the tiny blonde. He had never seen Chloe so shaken up by anything. It could be the pregnancy, he’s heard pregnant woman have weird dreams but… this seems a bit deeper than just side effects of pregnancy. Something seriously has Chloe freaked out and whatever it is he’s going to help her with it. She gives so much to help their team, and not to mention she brought him from hell and back, it’s the least he could do.

“I… I can’t.” Chloe whispered.

“Why not? I want to help you, Chloe.”

“You say that now but…” Chloe knew that if Oliver knew she was carrying Davis’s baby, he wouldn’t be so compassionate. He would put her in the car and drive her straight back to the clinic.

“I say that now and after you tell me whatever it is you don’t want to tell me, I’ll still help you.”

Chloe looked at Oliver, his honest features, he looked so compassionate and sweet … she can just imagine his face of anger after he knows. No, she has to keep this to herself. It was her mistake, a moment of weakness, and now she’s paying the consequences but she will pay them on her own. Because she knows… it’s what she
                          deserves.

“I’m just… really tired I guess, just a stressed out widow. I can… I can handle it. It’s just you know… PMS.” Oliver saw Chloe’s half-smile and knew that there was more Chloe wants to tell him but, he has no idea why, she’s scared to. But whatever it is, he knows soon enough, she’ll tell him when she’s ready.

“Ok, then… Want some lunch?” Chloe breathed an inner side of relief as Oliver let it go.

“Yeah, I’m starved.” They stood up off the bed and went to have a nice lunch and to Chloe’s relief, her secret was still a secret.

Heels clicked loudly and echoed around the Luthor Mansion as Tess Mercer quickly walked through the hallways. She just got a call from the leader of the Kandorians, he apparently has found out something about his people on earth. Apparently, someone, another Kryptonian, has already been here. Tess’s body stilled as she heard those words on the phone, has He found out about Clark? Tess opened the two doors that led to her library in the mansion and found Zod sitting down in her desk looking at images in her laptop.

“What are you doing?” How in hell did he get in her laptop, it was password protected.
                          Zod looked up at her, his eyes filled with an emotion she couldn’t decipher.

“How did you know my password?”

“It’s amazing what looking behind people’s backs while they are very concentrated looking at the screen can do.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Frankly, I don’t care if you do or don’t believe me.” Zod eyes were dark, as if with anger, Tess decided to get right down to business.

“What did you want to speak with me about? What have you… found out?” Tess walked forward while Zod stood up and walked in front of the desk and leaned on it. His body tense and face indescribable, Tess took a step back. What did he find out that has him so worked up like this.

“Tess, I’m going to ask this as direct as I can and you BETTER give me a straight answer.” Tess’s brow quirked up, she already knew she wouldn’t answer honestly. She never did.

“I’ll do my best.”

“NO! YOU WILL ANSWER ME THE TRUTH OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!” Tess jumped at Zod’s outburst. He was standing straight now and walked up to her, and towered her.

“Answer me… Did my son come here to earth?” Tess’s confusion could be seen in her face, Zod’s son?... Davis. Oh no.

“Son? You have a son?” Tess tried to play as dumbly as she could, how did he find out about Davis?

“YES! Don’t play DUMB with me!” Zod pulled her and threw her toward the desk and slammed his hand against her neck.

“YOU KNOW ABOUT MY SON! HE CAME TO EARTH! YOU SAW HIM!”

“Who?! Who is your son!? I… I don’t know!”

“YOU KNOW HIM AS DOOMSDAY!” Zod took her by her hair and yanked her, pulling her behind the desk and pushed her onto the seat, making her face the laptop screen.

“Look!” Zod hit play to what seemed as a video. Tess’s heart almost came out of her mouth. She saw herself with Davis, who was lying on a bed. It was the day she kidnapped him and brought him to the mansion, Zod had found the security images from the cameras. She couldn’t deny it any longer. Zod twirled the chair towards him, forcing Tess face to face with him.

“Where is he?” The General demanded.

“I... He… “

“WHERE!?”

“He’s…dead.” Zod stood up straight slowly, his face in shock.

“No.” He answered softly. He walked backwards until his back was to Tess. There was complete silence, Tess didn’t even dare to move. What will he do next?

“How?” Zod startled Tess as He broke the silence.

“Umm… I don’t know…spe-specifically all I know is that he was destroyed.”

“Who?”

“I don’t…”

“WHO!” Zod walked back to her, he took the chair until he slammed it against the wall behind Tess, making Tess yelp. She couldn’t tell him who the killer was… it was Clark.

“I… I don’t know!” Tess screamed almost pleaded. She had never seen Zod so unhinged, it scared the crap out of her. She thanks God the Kryptonian had no powers.

“Was it… The Blur?” Tess did not say a word but why would he go to that conclusion?

“Why do say it was him?”

“Because he has sworn to protect Metropolis hasn’t he? If my son did what he was born to do, The Blur must have stopped him.” Zod looked at Tess as if trying to decipher what she knew.

“I want you to find him.”

“Who?”

“The Blur… I want to find him… and I’m going to MAKE him tell me what happened to my son.”

TBC

Feedback appreciated! Please!

Comment

Great update! I really love the scenes between Chloe and Davis
                            I'm curious about what will happen when Oliver discovers that the baby is Davis's.
                            Looking forward to the next one!
                            Ps: sorry for my english!

Comment

Ok, Here's the next chapter. I guess you can say its kind of slow but I believe it will slowly build up to the main story. Enjoy!

Angel of Mercy

Chapter Six

Chloe clicked away on her computer; she finally got a lead on what exactly Tess was planning to do with the Kandorians. She called on Clark to tell him, which she doubts he’ll come at all. Ever since The Lois and Clark show started, Clark has found it hard to go to commercial. If anything she called Oliver too, in case Clark never showed. It was nice to have her mind distracted for a while. All she’s thought about lately was the baby. Oliver has made her an appointment with Emil, which she’s been trying to get out of. She’s scared of what Emil will find, what if he finds something… nonhuman. But Oliver keeps insisting she should, for the well-being of the baby. Ever since Oliver found out she’s pregnant, he’s been heaven on earth. Making doctor’s appointments, actually buying books about what to expect on the pregnancy, though considering her type of pregnancy she doubts those books will help her at all, almost as if he was the father… That wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Chloe stopped typing and tried to shake the thought away… that was… weird and wrong. Chloe will never put on Ollie’s shoulders a burden that isn’t his, especially such a heavy one, not to mention Chloe suspects Oliver might still have feelings for Lois. Well, she doesn’t suspect, Lois told her about Ollie’s confession on their supposed date while Lois was trying out for Primetime, with Clark on her earlobe Oliver spilled all of his heart. Chloe didn’t know why she suddenly felt disappointed while her cousin explained all of that to her. Chloe knows that all Oliver’s done for the baby is to help someone in need. He’s a hero, that’s what he does, and honestly, Chloe didn’t deserve a hero. Not with all she’s done. But Chloe will admit, ever since Oliver’s been in on her secret she’s felt a bit more… relieved. Even more relieved he agreed to keep it a secret after some pleading from her. She didn’t want anyone to know, not now at least. And don’t ask her when cause she doesn’t know either.

Chloe moved on to the next computer screen at the Watchtower, concentrated on what she was doing. Suddenly she felt the familiar wind behind her, she turned around and to her surprise it was Clark, he actually came.

“Hey, if you raced her to see me it must mean the “I Love Lois” show was preempted this week.”

“Come on, you know I always speed over when you call.” Chloe raised her eyebrows at that comment but decided not to get into that subject now. Chloe strode over to the computer screen beside Clark and kept clicking away, while Clark moved behind her.

“Although I may be responsible for your cousin vanishing from primetime.”

“I was wondering why she skipped town without saying goodbye, what’s up?”

“I ugh… I kissed her.” Whoa, Chloe didn’t expect that… ok maybe she did. Oh now… that’s why Lois left in such a hurry.

“Oh yeah, that will definitely send her packing.” Chloe saw Clark’s face fill with disappointment.

“No offense to you Clark but Lois’s usual response to intimacy is usually to blow out of town.” Chloe moved to the next computer screen, she almost was getting her download complete of the information her mole sent her… she just about got it.

“I just don’t know what happened; I went over to talk to her next thing I knew I couldn’t stop myself.” Chloe laughed at that.

“Yeah, I’m not surprised Clark. You’ve had feelings for Lois since like the 1930’s. I was wondering when you were going to make your move. Look, just take my word for it and give her a little bit of space.” Chloe saw Clark nodding in agreement; she couldn’t help but feel happy for Lois and Clark in a way. Both of them mean the world to her and if anyone deserves a little bit of happiness it’s them. Any resentment she felt against them, it’s long gone. She could never stop loving them or abandon them… even if they could so easily.

“In the mean time…” Chloe cleared her throat and tried to get that last thought out of her head.

“ My Luthorcorp mole has dug up some more information on the Kandorians.” Clark’s tender face turned into a serious one quickly, back to business.

“How bad is it?” Clark got closer and looked over Chloe’s shoulder, to the images on the screen.

“We were right. Tess Mercer has teams around the globe trying to bring the E.T’s home. Her operatives have had their noses deep in the Turkish desert sniffing around for weeks. Now I think you should wing out there and take a peek yourself.”

“Unfortunately my wings are still clipped off like coach.” Clark walked pass Chloe ready to leave. Dang it, Clark really needs to get on that Clark Airlines soon. But Chloe got an idea quickly.

“Aaah No you won’t.” Clark stopped in his tracks and looked around.

“Ollie can get you there First Class.”

“I’ll do this by myself.”

“Why Clark? Come on…” Chloe guesses Clark would feel awkward after hearing Oliver’s conversation with Lois.

“Chloe…” Before Clark could start, both Clark and Chloe turned to the watchtower entrance. Right on time, Oliver Queen strode through those doors.

“Hear you need a lift.” Clark looked at Chloe dumbfounded. All Chloe could do was smirk a little… looks like Clark wasn’t getting out of this one.

“You know Clark, if you wanted to bury me in the desert for going on that date with Lois, least you could do is take me to Nevada.” Oliver could feel the burning heat of the desert sun on his face. His clothes stuck to his body from all the sweat coming from his body. Damn Heat. He was trying his best to picture in his mind anything cool. Like ice or ice cream, very cool chocolate ice cream…. Damn it… wasn’t working. Meanwhile, ole Clark, wasn’t even sweating, not a frickin drop on him. Damn Clark.

“Oliver, let’s not…”

“I mean, don’t get me wrong I’m still going to put up a fight but… maybe we could have hit the strip before the main event you know what I mean. Maybe a little Blue man group, maybe a little carrot top.” Oliver looked over at Clark, he didn’t even crack a smile.

“You know what I’m getting you next year for Christmas is a sense of humor.” Oliver and Clark kept walking for a few minutes, then Oliver thought this would be the perfect time, now that Clark and him were alone, to talk to him about Chloe. See if Clark knew anything of what’s happening to her lately, might have a clue.

“Hey, Clark.”

“Yeah.’’

“Do you know anything of what might be happening to Chloe lately?”

“What’s happening with Chloe?” Clark answered still looking around, any markings on the sand… anything.

“You know, that she’s been having a lot of nightmares lately, waking up screaming…” Oliver saw Clark stop and look back at him, slightly curious, but didn’t look too worried. Not exactly the reaction he would expect from a best friend.

“Didn’t Lois tell you anything?”

“No… what’s your point with all this Oliver?” Oliver got taken aback by Clark’s annoyance, what the hell is wrong with him? Doesn’t he care about his best friend?

“My point? That something is WRONG with your best friend, Clark! Something isn’t right and I’m worried about her, and I’m surprised you aren’t!”

“I AM worried about her! It’s just… we’re on a mission right now and I can’t deal with that now.”

“Can’t deal with THAT? Clark, Chloe is a person and she hasn’t stopped being one!” None of them had noticed that in the middle of it all their discussion had escalated and they were standing close now, Oliver looking slightly up at Clark and Clark looking down.

“How would you know! Chloe has changed more than all of us! I don’t know which side she’s in anymore!” Oliver stared at Clark. So that’s what was wrong, Clark still hadn’t forgiven Chloe for her mistake with Davis and her leaving. But Chloe had paid her dues for that when Jimmy died and not to mention Clark left her because of that. She stayed for a time alone, with no one. EVERYONE had given her the cold shoulder for what she did but Chloe has shown how much she regrets it. She started Watchtower to try and bring them all back together, all of the team. By wanting to abort Jimmy’s baby, right then is when Oliver realized just how much Chloe blamed herself for what happened. Chloe has suffered enough…Clark can’t keep making her pay.

“Clark, you can’t keep making her pay for what happened with Davis. Chloe has been trying to… atone for what she did. She DID play Judas for a while but at least she has begged for forgiveness. Everyone needs a little MERCY Clark, no, everyone deserves mercy. In fact, after all the years you played merciful with Lex, who is the biggest bastard on this planet and has NEVER and probably NEVER WILL say sorry for ALL that he’s done, you gave him second chances, time and time again, until it was too late. NOW he’s your biggest enemy. Chloe is still beside you, still trying to make amends, and you’re not letting her. Now if you’re able to be merciful with the biggest JACKASS on the planet that is Lex Luthor, then why can’t you with Chloe?” Oliver let his words sink in. All you could hear was the hot wind from the desert around them and feel the heat of the sun. After a few minutes, Clark moved back and turned around and kept walking throughout the desert, looks like Oliver hit a nerve. GOOD. Maybe Clark will wake up a little. He’s saving everyone but leaves the people closest to him that probably has sacrificed more than him in trying to keep his secret unattended and gives them the cold shoulder. Well, he’s isn’t going to let him do that to Chloe.

They walked about ten minutes more until Oliver realized they made their destination, this is where Chloe said Tess’s people had been looking through.

“All right look we’re at the exact coordinates Chloe gave us. I don’t see anything for miles but sand.” Clark looked down to the ground and suddenly got an idea.

“Maybe we need to look deeper.” Clark used his x-ray vision and saw under the sand some kind of symbol. He kneeled down and with his hand wiped away the sand. He saw something had been burned on the sand.

“Kryptonian symbols that we saw on Watchtower. They’re like high temperature brands left when a Kandorian first arrived on earth. Out here the temperature would melt the sand into glass.”

He stood up and took a deep breath until he could feel the warm air inside of his lungs. Then he exhaled and the sand started blowing away the opposite direction. Oliver covered his eyes so the sand wouldn’t hurt his eyes. When Clark stopped, Oliver couldn’t believe it. Clark’s shield had been engraved in the sand, like some marking, a burned mark.

“Who put your shield out in the middle of nowhere?”Oliver asked the obvious. Clark looked down on the sand and saw something shining, something that looked like metal. He lowered again and took the object and raised it. It was like a military dog tag only
                              thing it had his shield … it couldn’t be. He saw something like this on Kara.

“Jor-el? … It’s my Father. He’s here on earth.”

“Shelby! I came to take my favorite blonde for a walk!” Chloe arrived to the Kent Farm. She’d taken the responsibility of taking Shelby out ever since Clark left. Even though he came back, it’s still part of a routine. She doesn’t mind. Chloe let out a gasp as she saw a dark figure standing in the middle of the kitchen.

“Who are you?” The figure came out of the darkness, she saw he was wearing a grey shirt with a jacket over it and he had a bag that was beige. He was quite thin and he had blonde almost white hair.

“My name is Jor-el.” Chloe’s mouth fell open… it… can’t be. Chloe started walking forward to him, not afraid. She’s heard of him and what he could do but she just had to see him up close. This was Clark’s Father after all.

“Oh my God… you… made it to Smallville. Clark found your markings in the desert… You’re Clark’s Father.”

“You are mistaken I have no child.” Chloe did a small smile and walked back to take a picture of Clark’s.

“His Kryptonian name is Kal-el.” Chloe handed the photo to Jor-el. He took it, amazed. His son…

“So this is my son…. What’s he doing here on earth?” Chloe’s face turned confused.

“Well, you sent him here as a baby. It was the only way you could save him.”

“Save him?” Chloe was taken aback… Jor-el didn’t know of the fate of his planet?

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news but… Krypton was destroyed.” Jor-el turned away from Chloe, the shock hitting him in the face like a punch.

“My wife,Lara.”

“Clark’s Mother… she’s… not here with you?”

“She wasn’t part of the experiment.”

“Oh, I’m sorry I… didn’t know. Well, look we’ve been searching for all the others who came here with you.” Chloe walked in front of Jor-el, maybe he could help them find the Kandorians.

“They will be difficult to find. They’re very well-trained. A battalion of soldiers led by a great commander and the best friend I ever had…Zod.”

Chloe’s heart leaped up to her throat. It couldn’t be… Zod was here?

Tess Mercer got out of her limousine; she was wearing a white coat and high black heels. Her heart was beating like a hammer inside her chest. Zod had called her yet again; it seems he has found out the Blur’s identity … HOW did he find out about Clark? Already millions of explanations and excuses were going around in her head, she’s even thinking about pleading for her life. Ever since Zod found out about Davis’s landing on earth he’s been like a mad man trying to find Clark, or the Blur, to tell him about his whereabouts. Zod still believes he might be alive. His fury, which already was a danger, has now become a rage that never ends, and since then she dares not defy him… at least not to his face, where he can easily hurt her.

“Major… you rang?” Zod wasn’t facing her but facing the back of a billboard which held marked the shield of the Blur. He looked back at her his eyes not as dark as the last time she spoke with him but he walked toward her with the same intensity. Tess inhaled as much calmness as she could, she doesn’t know yet how ZOD could have found out about Clark.

“You said you know who The Blur is? Maybe you can tell me and this manhunt can come to an end.” Zod came close to her, she turned away wanting to keep as much composure as she could. Her neck still ached from his attack on her, she wasn’t sure she could face him and not show her fear.

“A man named Jor-el, he came with us in the orb. He took all of our powers for himself; it should only make sense that HE should be the Blur!” A little smirk formed on Tess’s face and the fear she felt quickly faded away. He was still as oblivious as ever.

“He MUST know what happened to my son… and can tell us how to get our powers back.”Tess faced him with a new found courage.

“Now you help me find him and I’ll give you what you’ve always wanted. Now, you opened that orb, the bottled up hopes and dreams of Kandor to work with us and now you can…. by my side …as equals… together… intimately.” Tess felt his whisper on her ear, looks like he is so desperate he’s willing to work side by side with a human. He doesn’t know how much advantage he has given her.

“I’ve already got a team on it. I’ll let you know when we find Jor-el.” Tess walked back to her limousine, a smile on her face. The Kryptonian will never know what hit him.

TBC

Please comment!
                              Last edited by LILdevil426; 05-28-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I need more! PPMS. Poor Chloe!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎