Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lois get pregnant with future Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some of the purist would not approve, because it is outside the norm of the Older Superman, but as someone said Byran Singer made him the father of Lois's son in Superman Return.

But to me it would be funny, Lois begin to have morning sickness and goes to the doctor and finds out she is pregnant. The panick set in When? Who? and How? Then Clark finds out and he knows but because of his secret it can't tell her, so he becomes the most supportive Boy friend ever. Lois knows it's not Clark, because all they have done is kiss and held hands. I know alot people would not like it, but it would be funny!!!
    Last edited by fan of the man; 12-06-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
      that doesn't make sense. Why would the embryo/fetus disappear? It's a part of Lois's body; the same body that went through the alternate timeline came back to the present. So far as I believe the same changes it experienced would stay with the body.

That said, a pregnant Lois under ANY circumstances doesn't sit well with me
      Today's special words are given to you by Morbo.
      Morbo?
      "Morbo says it is possible you are correct. However, if she became pregnant, went back in time, one could argue that because she changed the future by coming back to the past the future events never would happen, including her being pregnant."

Thank you Morbo...
      Ladies, and Gentlemen, Morbo, he's like Lobo, if Lobo was green, had a huge head, and lived in 3000 A.D. Also, see Futurama.

That said, I wouldn't object to seeing Lobo on Smallville.

Also, Purists, they make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB1111
        However, if she became pregnant, went back in time, one could argue that because she changed the future by coming back to the past the future events never would happen, including her being pregnant.
        This is how I was looking at it. Just like Lois and Clark making love never happened because she returned and changed the future. If making love doesn't happen, no baby either.

I would rather go with this theory so Lois could never be pregnant with future Clark's baby. Everyone else can have their own ideas since it is all speculation anyway.

Someone also mentioned Lois' injured hand that was bandaged when she returned was no longer injured so it proved those events didn't happen. Sure would like to know how she injured her hand. That scene is probably on the cutting room floor.

Comment

Exactly! I'm just glad that her trip to the future hasn't messed with her head too much. I mean, she might spout random words or something.
          Lois: I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

I'm just saying. Anyone get that line?

Comment

Today's special words are given to you by Morbo.
            Morbo?
            "Morbo says it is possible you are correct. However, if she became pregnant, went back in time, one could argue that because she changed the future by coming back to the past the future events never would happen, including her being pregnant."
            sure that's a possible way of looking at it, but technically now, What is future to everyone else is past for Lois. Like Bart Allen, he was born and raised in the 31st century, but moved to the 20th. He has a history, a past, but it's the future for all his peers, his teammates, and his grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by fan of the man
              But to me it would be funny, Lois begin to have morning sickness and goes to the doctor and finds out she is pregnant. The panick set in When? Who? and How? Then Clark finds out and he knows but because of his secret it can't tell her, so he becomes the most supportive Boy friend ever. Lois knows it's not Clark, because all they have done is kiss and held hands. I know alot people would not like it, but it would be funny!!!
              If she turned out to be pregnant, Clark would tell her what happened to her when she time traveled to the future. It would be cruel not to.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                This is how I was looking at it. Just like Lois and Clark making love never happened because she returned and changed the future. If making love doesn't happen, no baby either.

I would rather go with this theory so Lois could never be pregnant with future Clark's baby. Everyone else can have their own ideas since it is all speculation anyway.

Someone also mentioned Lois' injured hand that was bandaged when she returned was no longer injured so it proved those events didn't happen. Sure would like to know how she injured her hand. That scene is probably on the cutting room floor.
                Is it so because someone said it? She certainly had the bandage on her hand when she came back. Watch Savior again. If the injury didn't occur then the bandaging didn't occur either.

This is all certainly speculation about fantastical events that could never happen in the real world and we can all be entitled to our own "reality" within the fantasy. For myself. When a fantasy story likes this breaks the rules of the real world with time travel and super alien beings from other planets I like my fantasy to at least be consistent within its own "reality" in order to suspend my disbelief. If those future events didn't happen when Lois returned then Alia didn't race over grab Lois's ring and piggyback to the past. Oh. Wait. She did. I don't look at the future that Lois experienced as actually having been erased. I look at them as an alternate timeline that she will not revisit because her return sets them on the course of a different timeline. If Lois can come back with a bandage and Alia it happened. It just won't happen again. Likewise, it makes a pregnancy entirely possible. That's just the way I see it if they are going to be consistent about what did and didn't happen. That said. I am glad Lois isn't pregnant.

umm,

Lois should never get pregnant? Why do you think that? Is it because you wish the show were more consistent with the comic book version in which Clark and Lois cannot have kids? I think if they were to marry which they do eventually then it would be OK for Lois to get pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                  sure that's a possible way of looking at it, but technically now, What is future to everyone else is past for Lois. Like Bart Allen, he was born and raised in the 31st century, but moved to the 20th. He has a history, a past, but it's the future for all his peers, his teammates, and his grandpa
                  I must have missed that whole thing on Smallville where Bart Allen said he was from the 31st century.

That said, what?
                  Now I don't know that much about the Flash, but um, when did that make any sense? The Flash has always been a man from the present time, or whenever the Flash was created, who could easily shatter Land Speed records, and could potentially be beat by Superman in a race. Because I think The Flash is limited to 186,000 miles a second. While, Syperman is limited to numbers that have a lot more zeros in them.

Comment

I must have missed that whole thing on Smallville where Bart Allen said he was from the 31st century.

That said, what?
                    Now I don't know that much about the Flash, but um, when did that make any sense? The Flash has always been a man from the present time, or whenever the Flash was created, who could easily shatter Land Speed records, and could potentially be beat by Superman in a race. Because I think The Flash is limited to 186,000 miles a second. While, Syperman is limited to numbers that have a lot more zeros in them.
                    Off topic... I think it's the other way around; Superman is usually (not all the time, depending on what version) constrained to sublight speeds, due to the nature of his powers and their source, but Flash draws from the speed force, an infinite power source and is only limited by how much speed his body can handle.

The Flash mythos is steeped in temporal paradoxes and anomalies

but you get my point about the relative past and future? If coming back and messing in the past meant the future he came from no longer existed, then doesn't logic say that Bart shouldn't exist either?
                    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 12-06-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Let's leave Bart Allen and the Speed Force out of Smallville for now. That said, it depends on how he traveled back in time...

That said, I thought the speed force was from the Justice League Cartoon?
                      Also an infinite Power Source is quite a bit more impossible than someone like Superman hitting 45 trillion times the speed of light. Which would allow him to go across the entire viewable universe in 57 minutes. I did the math.

Also Speed Force seems silly, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara
                        Is it so because someone said it? She certainly had the bandage on her hand when she came back. Watch Savior again. If the injury didn't occur then the bandaging didn't occur either.

This is all certainly speculation about fantastical events that could never happen in the real world and we can all be entitled to our own "reality" within the fantasy. For myself. When a fantasy story likes this breaks the rules of the real world with time travel and super alien beings from other planets I like my fantasy to at least be consistent within its own "reality" in order to suspend my disbelief. If those future events didn't happen when Lois returned then Alia didn't race over grab Lois's ring and piggyback to the past. Oh. Wait. She did. I don't look at the future that Lois experienced as actually having been erased. I look at them as an alternate timeline that she will not revisit because her return sets them on the course of a different timeline. If Lois can come back with a bandage and Alia it happened. It just won't happen again. Likewise, it makes a pregnancy entirely possible. That's just the way I see it if they are going to be consistent about what did and didn't happen. That said. I am glad Lois isn't pregnant.

umm,

Lois should never get pregnant? Why do you think that? Is it because you wish the show were more consistent with the comic book version in which Clark and Lois cannot have kids? I think if they were to marry which they do eventually then it would be OK for Lois to get pregnant.
                        Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own speculations. I would rather have it impossible to have Lois pregnant with future Clark's baby so my idea takes it right off the table. As far as Lois being pregnant with present Clark's baby, I'm not against it. I would, however, like to see them married before Lois has a baby. I don't read comic books so I could care less what Superman's history is there. I'm only concerned about Smallville and their take on Clark's journey. In Smallville, I would not like to see Lois pregnant without marriage and I highly doubt we will see Lois and Clark get married on SV. Before I get, 'why be married before they have a baby'. It has nothing to do about morals and everything to do with my preference.

Comment

In Smallville, I would not like to see Lois pregnant without marriage and I highly doubt we will see Lois and Clark get married on SV. Before I get, 'why be married before they have a baby'. It has nothing to do about morals and everything to do with my preference.

That said, I may not be a king of Morals, but I don't want a pregnancy on this show ever...I don't care if the fabric of reality tears itself apart, just no pregnancy please...

Really, every facet of Real Life does not need to be added to the show.

Comment

That said, I may not be a king of Morals, but I don't want a pregnancy on this show ever...I don't care if the fabric of reality tears itself apart, just no pregnancy please...

Really, every facet of Real Life does not need to be added to the show.
                            Yes, there are enough stories to be told on SV without bringing babies into the world. I'm not against Lois and Clark having a baby but not on Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                              If she turned out to be pregnant, Clark would tell her what happened to her when she time traveled to the future. It would be cruel not to.
                              You are right, Clark would not let Lois go thru this, he would come clean, but it would be funny to see Lois's face when the Doc tells her "you are with child". That is the reason I believe the pregnancy is a non issue for this year. It want happen.

Comment

The way Lois has been written, it's impossible to see her as a motherly figure at this point, so I don't see why the writers would even consider writing her in as pregnant. Forget that she even had sex with Clark in the future, it's just not going to happen. at least, not any time soon. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎