No announcement yet.

Good Omens

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Omens

So, last week when I heard about the demon Crowley who had the Colt, I immediately thought of one of my favorite books, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet, Good Omens. I thought it might have been a one-off shout out. But lo-and-behold, in this episode they actually showed him, and they even made him English. In the book, Crowley is a demon who is trying to avert the Apocalypse because he likes humans and human society. Supernatural's Crowley is a bit more selfish, but still pretty similar. I kept expecting Aziraphale to pop up as well (Crowley's angel friend, who's also trying to stop the end of the world).

I was just wondering who else caught the reference.

i didn't know that. thats pretty interesting.

Comment

I doubt the angel will show up. Why bring an angel with a name that half of its viewers won't be able to say? Yes, it would be cool to meet the angel that protected the Garden Of Eden, but still, I doubt we'll be seeing Aziraphale(epic name though).

BUT....it would be cool to see that the demon Crowley helped tempt Eve to eat the Apple, but it might interfere with the Bible's take.
      Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 11-20-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I am a fan of both Pratchett and Gaiman so yeah, the demon Crowley was a wonderful thing for fans like me/us!

He was a lot like the character in the book and I have to wonder if he's supposed to be as similar as they could get away with. I kept keeping an eye out for a certain 'car' and listening for Queen!

Comment

I too love that book, and kept on remembering the whole "Adam" plot when the Antichrist was featured in a recent ep.

Also, did everyone know that Crowley was the name of a real guy in the early 1900's? He was famous for being an occultist, although how much was "real" magic/devil worship and how much was him creating a larger than life public personae is an open question as far as I am concerned. He was also famous for being Bisexual, in a time when homosexuality was illegal, which is why I was amused at the scene where he made that guy kiss him.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp
            I too love that book, and kept on remembering the whole "Adam" plot when the Antichrist was featured in a recent ep.
            Yeah, I kept waiting for "Dog" to show up!

Also, did everyone know that Crowley was the name of a real guy in the early 1900's?
            Alesteir Crowley, yes. Famous for his saying "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Also known as "The Great Beast".

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎