Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanropi
    Oh and why didn't Alia fuse with her past self like Clark did in Infamous
    You mean in time traveling? I did bring it up like others did in Infamous that there should have been 2 Clark's when he went back. They overuse time travel & can't even write it properly. It's pitiful how bad the show has gotten.

Comment

AT the end, under the yellow sun, if Clark could take the knife out of his stomach and thow it away.. why didn't he recovered from the injury???

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptochloe
        AT the end, under the yellow sun, if Clark could take the knife out of his stomach and thow it away.. why didn't he recovered from the injury???
        I was thinking the same thing. Raya recovered & she was in the Phantom Zone when she got stabbed.

Comment

Plot Holes and Questions

1. I thought the Legion ring was programmed to send Doomsday 1000 years in the future where they would fight him. Why was Lois only transported 1 year in the future?

2. This was mentioned in another thread but how come Alia could still super speed towards Lois and Clark when the yellow sun was restored? I think I missed something in Savior but obviously she did not have her powers when she fought Lois on the train but how did she get them back later in the episide? She using her heat vision later in the episode.

3. Why did Lois loose her memory when she came back?

Comment

The biggest plothole is, if Lois went to an alternate reality, shouldn't there be another version of herself in that reality? Like when Alia went back in time, there were two Alias, the one Clark fought in Savior and the other one who was shown as one of the Kandorians. Same thing with the watch. There were two watches shown, the one possessed by Clark and the one Alia brought with her from the future.

In Star Trek, there were two versions of Spock, the younger and the older Spock.
            Last edited by Mrs_TomWelling; 11-21-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

In smallville you don't exist from the time you left becasue you are not there to exsist till when you arive in the future

The legion ring was never said to be programmed to take doomsday a 1,00 years in the future rokk told clark to use the ring and bring doomsday 1,000 years into the future it still would take whoevers wearing it to whenever they are thinking
              Alia having powers in the yellow sun needs explanation from pws and we don't know why lois forgot what happened but I'm guessing she repressed the memories and they slowly forced their way out.

Comment

Plothole:

Where's SuperLana, Bart Allen, Arthur Curry, John Jones, Dinah Lance, Victor Stone, Zan, Jayna, Zatanna, Kent Nelson (and the rest of the Justice Society + possibly Infinity, Inc.)?

Because, when you think about it.. Several (if not all) of these guys, could've easily defeated the Kryptonians. Both Zatanna and Kent Nelson have got magical powers, while Lana emits Kryptonite radiation. Not to mention, the fact that Ollie and Chloe (who are just ordinary humans), were able to defeat superpowered Kryptonians, with simple Kryptonite arrows and daggers (I call them simple, because with Super speed the Kryptonians should've been fast enough to duck and avoided the arrows, before the Kryptonite could've effected them), meaning that the superpowered heroes would've had an even greater advantage (their own powers, combined with Kryptonite)..

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs_TomWelling
                  The biggest plothole is, if Lois went to an alternate reality, shouldn't there be another version of herself in that reality? Like when Alia went back in time, there were two Alias, the one Clark fought in Savior and the other one who was shown as one of the Kandorians. Same thing with the watch. There were two watches shown, the one possessed by Clark and the one Alia brought with her from the future.

In Star Trek, there were two versions of Spock, the younger and the older Spock.
                  I don't see this as a plothole. Now temporal physics theory is much more complicated than this (even in fiction), and the effects often differ from one story to another, but to keep things simple I want to point to one quite significant difference: Alia and Spock travelled back to the past, while Lois went to the future.
                  Both Alia and Spock had already existed at the point where they ended up, so there were two versions of both when the jump to the past had completed. Lois on the other hand went to a future where she hadn't been yet while also removing herself from the timeline so that the "original", pre-time-jump Lois never ended up there. Yes, she did eventually return to the past, but from future-Lois' perspective that hadn't happened yet, and wasn't certain to happen until she actually managed to return, therefore there was only one Lois in this future.

Comment

I wanna know how on earth Clark didn't die with those kryptonite filled pads in his hands. He didn't even seem to feel much pain for them :/

Comment

When Lois was transported to 2010, she was only holding the Legion ring, but when she arrived, she was wearing it..

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Plothole:

Where's SuperLana, Bart Allen, Arthur Curry, John Jones, Dinah Lance, Victor Stone, Zan, Jayna, Zatanna, Kent Nelson (and the rest of the Justice Society + possibly Infinity, Inc.)?

Because, when you think about it.. Several (if not all) of these guys, could've easily defeated the Kryptonians. Both Zatanna and Kent Nelson have got magical powers, while Lana emits Kryptonite radiation. Not to mention, the fact that Ollie and Chloe (who are just ordinary humans), were able to defeat superpowered Kryptonians, with simple Kryptonite arrows and daggers (I call them simple, because with Super speed the Kryptonians should've been fast enough to duck and avoided the arrows, before the Kryptonite could've effected them), meaning that the superpowered heroes would've had an even greater advantage (their own powers, combined with Kryptonite)..
                        I found it hilarious how Ollie and Chloe were able to take down a whole bunch of super-powered Kryptonians. With their powers they don't even need to get close to Ollie/Chloe to take them out.

Comment

ok now you're dissecting it too much....it easily be said as well then where was Superman when the Joker was giving hell in Gotham (The Dark Knight).....

regarding arrows comment....well it's the same way Vampires get hit by Vampire seekers in any film or movie....they get hit even with their superpowers/abilities

with your response I can bet you definitely rated the show low and hated lol

Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Plothole:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Orange NY
                            it easily be said as well then where was Superman when the Joker was giving hell in Gotham (The Dark Knight).....
                            Because, Superman doesn't exist in the Nolanverse?

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links.

That's really the diffrence between Smallville and the Nolan Batman movies (and the Christopher Reeve movies). In the Nolan movies, Batman is the only superhero out there and the same goes for the Chris Reeve movies, where Superman's the only one out there (with the short exeption of Supergirl, but she never went public and returned home at the end of the movie).. But, in Smallville they have confirmed the existence of other heroes and at least a few of them, could've defeated the Kryptonians with ease, meaning that everytime they do an episode like this, we ask ourselves, why none of them have done anything to stop Zod..

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              Man, this episode had some very noticeable plotholes, mistakes & inconsistencies:

1. In Kandor, Jor-El said that he placed blue-k in the Kandorians' bodies to prevent them from having powers. We now saw in Pandora that they needed a red sun to have powers & how once the sun became yellow again, they lost their powers. We saw Alia latching onto Lois to go back to 2009 to go back to the events of Savior. But in Savior we saw Alia having powers like heatvision. This is a big inconsistency. If she had blue-k in her body, she would not have had heatvision in Savior. If she had it, then Zod should have also had it. And if that was the case, there would be no need for a solar tower.
                              I think it was the mysterious object of Jor-el(end of 9x07) to maintain the powers

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                                I was thinking the same thing. Raya recovered & she was in the Phantom Zone when she got stabbed.
                                The scene between Lois and Clar was short; and remember Zod really stck the dagger in there and then twsited it and shortly after she put the ring on.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by zor-el
                                I think it was the mysterious object of Jor-el(end of 9x07) to maintain the powers
                                If this is the case then what happened was that Jor-EL had the object to give to Kal-EL and Alia killed him and recovered the object.
                                Last edited by realblackhart; 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎