No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alseptien from twitter:

@alseptien Cool. Could you clarify how Alia had powers w/both suns? I guess Clark's blood was on the street, but that seems like a stretch.
    @BrianG1227 This one hit the cutting room floor, but she was being experimented on behind Zod's back.
    @BrianG1227 In her last ep. there was a C.U. shot of a scar to explain that and Tess told Zod about it, but time required us to cut the scene.

Comment

• I totaly agree about krypton girl had powers Very strange in deed... Maybe the legion ring has diffrent affects on krypton people?

Originally posted by zor-el
      Alseptien from twitter:

@alseptien Cool. Could you clarify how Alia had powers w/both suns? I guess Clark's blood was on the street, but that seems like a stretch.
      @BrianG1227 This one hit the cutting room floor, but she was being experimented on behind Zod's back.
      @BrianG1227 In her last ep. there was a C.U. shot of a scar to explain that and Tess told Zod about it, but time required us to cut the scene.

Comment

• On top of that Alia would not have been able to super-speed over to Lois to latch on and go bak in time (bcuz like you stated) tha towers stoped working and tha sun was @ that point yellow and we had just watched how Zod had no powers so I really don't see how she could use super-speed. I was actually about ta make a thread pointing this all out haha, glad u got to it 1st =p

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SAIRUS
        Kyle XY didn't know how to work the machine properly, thus maybe that explains the ability not to interact in Lois' vision.

Remember in Smallville Kryptonite is everywhere, and I'm sure they have a store where anyone can pick some up. In the future, Zod has activated his powers, so has Alia. Now that they are fixed, I think the giant red sun was just to keep Clark powerless (I'm sure the writers will retcon it to that).
        No, I shouldn't have to explain why but you obviously didn't pay enough attention to see what was stated in the episode ( just enough to make a FAIL argument =p) the red sun, along with a chain of events caused by the tower, is what gave them their powers back. It was not used JUST to take Clarks away
        Last edited by Reality-check; 11-10-2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Not so much a plothole, mistake or inconsistency, but more of a poser. Actually, it's a bit of a ramble but bear with me. I didn't want to start a new thread and this one is as close as any for posting the following.

I recently posted a fic based on the season 4 episode ‘Blank’, called ‘A Day to Not Remember’. In the actual episode, a meteor freak named Kevin wiped Clark’s memories, and Chloe had to help him understand his abilities and maintain his secret when his full-memory self didn’t know she knew about (some of) his abilities. My version twisted the story so Lois gets mind-whammied when chasing after Kevin after realising he’d robbed the Talon. I depict her as forgetting everything that happened when the character was introduced at the beginning of season 4.

Why do I bring that up here? It’s all to do with memory. If you lose a specific memory, is everything around that memory affected?

In ‘Pandora’, Emil carries out a procedure that wipes all of Lois’ memories from her visit to the future. These memories included vivid flashbacks of her and Clark getting it on. From the very first episode of the season, Lois is shown to be struggling with these flashbacks. She doesn’t understand what she’s seeing and is suffering from sleep deprivation so she goes to see a shrink (‘Idol’). She tells the shrink all about these sex dreams (which she ultimately never learns are actually real memories) which are subsequently wiped from her memory.

If this was the case, would she know why she’d been going to see a shrink in the first place? She’s bound to learn that she’d been seeing a shrink if/when she gets invoiced. Somehow I doubt the Planet is picking up the tab. I ask this because when it comes to memories, there are actions performed or things that are learned based on events in that memory.

It is only suggested that these specific memories were removed, not everything around them, hence why she’s on board with making her and Clark official. Later in the season, in ‘Charade’ she openly taunts the corrupt former DA Ray Sacks at the club which shows she remembers when he tried to kill her in ‘Idol’.

Her memory of thinking Clark was the Blur after his voice scrambler was switched off should still be there, as should her subsequent phone call from ‘the Blur’ after being saved from certain death, with Clark standing right next to her. She should recall erroneously (though correctly, as it happens!) pegging him as the anonymous hero.

Comment

• The brain is a very complicated (bio) machine. Maybe one of the most complicated machines in the whole universe. We've barely started to begin understanding how neurons build pathways and these pathways create memories (the stronger the pathway the better the memory and the less risk of forgetting it again).

What you have to understand is that remembering telling someone you bought a car yesterday is a different memory than actually buying the car. Even if for some reason you forgot that you bought the car you can still remember telling someone that you bought the car. You may even recall yourself telling someone about the details of the purchase ("I haggled him down to $10,000!") without actually remember doing it.

Take another example: You sit with your child and you tell him/her a bedtime story where you create yourself as a knight of medieval times. The next day you can remember telling your kid that story. But you don't remember being that knight because it never happened. It's just in this case you know you made it up, so it doesn't bother you.

For Lois, it is similar. In Warrior she tells Chloe that she used to have "these weird dreams". She does remember having them but the specifics are gone. So she'll also remember telling her shrink about them but the actual memory about them is gone.

It's like when you do know you had a dream last night but for the life of it you can't recall it anymore but you DO know you had that dream.
            Last edited by DJ Doena; 11-24-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎