Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark "befriending" Zod: Does it change future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
    Has Clark learned anything with Davis Bloome?
    I would hope so.

Originally posted by Vergon6
    Clark is probably trying to befriend Zod as a way to infiltrate their group and learn first hand about their plans and stop them before they activate the tower. He will sabotage things. My guess is that the season will end with only Zod gaining his powers and fighting Clark.
    You're probably right on target with that one except that ...(read bolded part below)

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
    Clark doesn't know that Zod heard him when he was talking to Jor-el's grave. Zod knows that Clark is doublecrossing him.

Comment

I'm not sure why Davis Bloome proves every villain is completely irredeemable. If Clark has to fight Zod in a showdown, so be it. But I really don't see why Clark has to play executioner just because "he" screwed up with Lex and Davis. Why exactly is it so horrible of Clark to at least try to honor his father's dying request and save someone? Isn't the whole point of "Pandora" that direct confrontation could result in massive escalation?

I'm sorry, but I can't really get behind this idea that Superman should learn from one killer that he has to go around nipping potential villains in the bud with some well-applied heat vision or else he's a naive BDA who (silly him) believes he can make a difference in someone's life or some mumbo jumbo like that.

Comment

Would Winston Churchill befriend Mussolini!

Comment

Yay, now Smallville is turning into a children's show! Let's learn to play nice with each other! Let's learn to share!

Please. Isn't anybody else fed up with this "Clark Kent can save everybody" crap? Is the criteria for being a superhero being able to save everyone, all the time? No sacrifices, no losses, just happily ever after?

I am just so fed up with that. The only reason I keep watching is because I've seen every episode up until know. But I think I'm about to stop.

The true heroes are the ones who are able to make the hard decisions. Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. When an enemy is out to kill you or those you love, you need to have the guts to do what it takes. You fight, and you kill. Why do you think we have armies and stuff? Do you think just having diplomats would be sufficient?

But here, everyone can be saved, everyone can be reasoned. Enemies never have to be disposed of, they just have to be befriended. I feel like I'm watching a children's TV show. I'm not 5 anymore.

Comment

From this it seems they'll have Clark join Zod & betray him & Alia down the line (Or zod's sees it as betrayal)-
            These could be the mistakes he made in the past he told lois about, & could cause the split between him,Chloe + Ollie.
            Sort of a paradox -Lois tries to prevent future disaster which ends up setting these events in motion.

Though this would be rather unimaginative if that's the plan - Finale could almost be a repeat of Pandora ,with Zod knifing Clark as the cliffhanger.
            (I HOPE NOT)

Comment

I agree that everything is being set in motion. Clark befriending Zod is exactly what would lead to the relationship that they had in the future. Zod wasn't showing animosity toward Clark there, he was trying to give him a chance, which implies that Clark hadn't fought him physically or else Zod would have killed him the moment he had the chance.

Tess is now aware that Chloe kills her in the future and that will make her paranoid about present Chloe and everything she's doing. If it's revealed that Stuart was working for Chloe then I'm sure Tess will do everything in her power to defend herself from Chloe, which means aligning with Zod to save humanity from the threat she perceives. Chloe trying to destroy her tower will probably only fuel that fire.

Ollie, unfortunately, has already stepped down and handed over the reigns to Chloe and future Ollie wasn't all that different from present Ollie. Except I'm guessing that he's going to try one more attempt to save Tess from herself. That's in keeping with what we've seen of the gang so far. With his Lois blinders on this season that tearful Tess death scene doesn't make much sense (unless she was the one he tried to get with instead of Lois). But I can see Ollie trying to convince Tess not to join Zod's forces and seeing her wanting to save the world, therefore making it tragic for him when she's killed.

Chloe is definitely on the path toward being the person she was shown to be in the future. Her animosity toward Clark hasn't quite reached the same levels, but it's getting there fast. She's already admitted that she knows he won't do what's necessary, which isn't a far cry from what she thought of him in the future. Heck, as soon as she found out the future her personality shifted almost immediately into the arrogant no nonsense one she had then, like when she snapped at Clark and Ollie for being too happy. geeze, take a chill pill, girl.

Even Lois will probably still be in the same place that she was since she knows absolutely nothing about anything that's going on. I found it ironic that even in the future no one wanted to tell her. Even when Chloe hated Clark she didn't share the secret, and I didn't get the rationale for that at all.

I'm guessing that we'll get an episode similar to the events here, but Clark will remember what he saw happening and he'll change things in the nick of time. Or, everything will still happen but it'll happen backwards, like Tess taking out Chloe, and then Tess getting gunned down by Kandorians, and Ollie ends up taking out all those Kandorians and it's Clark who "kills" Zod. Like I said, Lois will pretty much remain a constant because she will go in knowing nothing and she will come out pretty much knowing nothing either.

Comment

ARGGHHH! Uncaged!
                The reason Zod went crazy was because he treated Zod like an enemy!
                This befriending is the complete opposite of what caused ZOD to become what he did.
                How the heck can that cause the same thing to happen? Seriously, that makes zero sense...

I award you zero points.
                Tess won't work with Zod, because that will cause the towers to be created, and then Zod will rule the world and then Chloe will kill her.

The future is not Set. Sorry, Terminator was wrong in that aspect.
                It changes every dang day when you choose to go left instead of right.

Honestly, did anyone read my post besides J-peezy?

Doing what he's doing now will stop the future he saw from happening. There is no way in heck that making Zod his friend will cause the future he saw to happen.
                He treated Zod like an enemy there. Do you befriend your enemies instead of trying to kill them? No!

Agghhh..I'm going to have a hear attack...
                Bottom line, the future is not set, Terminator got that one wrong for T3.
                And also, using T3 as an example is like using the Hindenburg as an example of great Zeppelin making.
                Last edited by DavidB1111; 11-21-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Uh oh we are going into philosophy territory. All of the cast members trying so hard to change the future could very well cause it to occur; I'll bring up Oedipus once again. I do think it might be a good strategy to take Zod out now but the problem with that is that Clark doesnt kill. Maybe if Super Lana and Morally Bankrupt Chloe got together they could do it themselves.

Comment

Yeah, but once you change the future, the future you're trying to stop occurring will never occur in the first place.

Zod will not be as bad in this time line's future, because Clark has the knowledge now on how to make sure the bad things don't happen.
                    He treated Zod like an enemy, and a lot of people died.

Comment

No, this is not correct.
                      As a wise sage once said "Difficult to see,Always in motion is the future"

1 point if you know who said this. 2 if you know which movie.

Comment

Me thinks Yoda, but I could be wrong.
                        I take it you are replying to the thread in whole, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
                          I'm not sure why Davis Bloome proves every villain is completely irredeemable. If Clark has to fight Zod in a showdown, so be it. But I really don't see why Clark has to play executioner just because "he" screwed up with Lex and Davis. Why exactly is it so horrible of Clark to at least try to honor his father's dying request and save someone? Isn't the whole point of "Pandora" that direct confrontation could result in massive escalation?

I'm sorry, but I can't really get behind this idea that Superman should learn from one killer that he has to go around nipping potential villains in the bud with some well-applied heat vision or else he's a naive BDA who (silly him) believes he can make a difference in someone's life or some mumbo jumbo like that.

I just think it's ridiculous because Clark said in the season finale that he shouldn't have tried to save Davis, that he lost hope in people. Now, he's suddenly pulling "I have to save my brother" crap again.

I agree that Clark should be compassionate and hopeful. But he is ignoring everything he learned through his experience with Davis. He should think things through a little, that's all. He can have faith, but he also needs to be shrewd.

Comment

Again, I state something simple.

Clark knows Zod will become this super-powered mad God in the future, and in order to stop that ,he is willing to try to get Zod to understand things.
                            Obviously this won't work, but for the meanwhile, I think it's not a stretch to see that Clark is waiting to remove Zod from the equation...permanently.
                            Place your bets on how he'll remove Zod. I'm thinking broken neck.

Comment

Originally posted by MaleMan
                              Yay, now Smallville is turning into a children's show! Let's learn to play nice with each other! Let's learn to share!

Please. Isn't anybody else fed up with this "Clark Kent can save everybody" crap? Is the criteria for being a superhero being able to save everyone, all the time? No sacrifices, no losses, just happily ever after?
                              Yeah. I hate seeing heroes try to save people, too. Nevermind that the show has demonstrated there are numerous sacrifices and losses involved...

I am just so fed up with that. The only reason I keep watching is because I've seen every episode up until know. But I think I'm about to stop.

The true heroes are the ones who are able to make the hard decisions. Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. When an enemy is out to kill you or those you love, you need to have the guts to do what it takes. You fight, and you kill. Why do you think we have armies and stuff? Do you think just having diplomats would be sufficient?
                              So because diplomacy isn't 100% effective, we have to conclude the only way to go about resolving conflict is shoot first, ask questions later? Superman has been shown to be pretty good at resolving conflict without killing people and calling it war. Even if it comes to that, why make that the first approach?

But here, everyone can be saved, everyone can be reasoned. Enemies never have to be disposed of, they just have to be befriended. I feel like I'm watching a children's TV show. I'm not 5 anymore.
                              Davis and Lex would beg to differ. The difference between Clark and other people is that he tries, and there's nothing five-year-old about trying to save someone from their own inner darkness. If we really accept that attempts at saving people from themselves is immature, and that the only realistic way to deal with potential threats is to kill them before asking them to stop, then I say we don't need a Superman at all.

Comment

My first reaction to Clark wanting to save Zod: Big dumb boy scout .

How did he find where they are so fast and why didn't his super hearing pick up on Zod's plans just prior to his entrance ?
                                Last edited by JRWolfe; 11-21-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: incomplete though

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎