Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifigirl
    I kind of agree. They didn't hold up well in HD.
    They didn't even hold up in standard def! There was an undeniable flatness to everything.

Also, it really did feel like they were just recycling sets to make the most of their budget, I mean seriousley a concentration camp in Clark's BARN?! The whole episode had an unshakable claustrophobic feel to it too. Probably because they spent TOO much time focussing on moving the plot along instead of trying to present a detailed image of the world to the viewers. The "lois in the future" story arc would have definietly benefited if it was presented over the course of three episodes or so.

Comment

i didnt think that scenes look flat or fake to much but i think the sfx been overall used great this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
        The "lois in the future" story arc would have definietly benefited if it was presented over the course of three episodes or so.
        I agree that I wanted to know more about what was happening in the future world, but I think the point was to give us a glimpse of the future while answering some questions, letting us know the direction we are headed in. I think we'll get more of an idea near the end of the season. We wouldn't want to know everything half way through the season, otherwise it wouldn't be fun.

Comment

The 'aliens flying around' was pretty sweet...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsLoisKent
            The 'aliens flying around' was pretty sweet...

I know!! It remind me of when you stir up a bee-hive....

Comment

awesome

Comment

I don't want to say it but the ending really disappointed me. The green screen was really bad at parts. First episode where I have been disappointed with the effects. Only at the end though. This and the plane scene from Rabid. Everything else has been fantastic.

Comment

They've been fantastic all year---given the context of the show's restraints. You can definitely tell they're putting their fx budget to work in all the right places. Hopefully they can make it through the end of the season. I had heard though, that they had actually saved money from last year's budget for this year once they learned of a new season, and that was one of the reasons for the Doomsday effects to look so bad. (?)

That said, everything in Pandora was awesome...except a few things I noticed. If they were on a SET, why'd it look fake in that confrontation scene with Zod and Clark? And although everytime I see it, I get goosebumps and gasp, the scene with Oliver and the hundreds of flying Kandorians, when looked at closely, is only a series of black dots on the screen. OBVIOUS black dots.

But I loved the episode and I felt they did a good job overall!

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                    They've been fantastic all year---given the context of the show's restraints. You can definitely tell they're putting their fx budget to work in all the right places. Hopefully they can make it through the end of the season. I had heard though, that they had actually saved money from last year's budget for this year once they learned of a new season, and that was one of the reasons for the Doomsday effects to look so bad. (?)

That said, everything in Pandora was awesome...except a few things I noticed. If they were on a SET, why'd it look fake in that confrontation scene with Zod and Clark? And although everytime I see it, I get goosebumps and gasp, the scene with Oliver and the hundreds of flying Kandorians, when looked at closely, is only a series of black dots on the screen. OBVIOUS black dots.

But I loved the episode and I felt they did a good job overall!
                    I disagree, and trust me, I will defend Smallville to the death. They are using too much green screen and not effectively. The only two episodes that were perfect effect wise were Savior and Kandor.

Comment

When we look at special effects, we need to remember it's a TV show. If this were a movie they would be terrible. But as a TV show with the budget that they have, the special effects in "Pandora" were top notch.

If you look like a TV show with a much bigger budget such as Lost and scenes like the plane crashing on the island in season 5, the boat exploding in season 4, the Smoke Monster, etc. Those are really equal to what we've seen on Smallville. I would even say Smallville has had better effects overall this year.

Comment

Smallville has the best effects for ANY tv show. The green screen in Pandora with the Zod/Clark confrontation was just SWEET.. They zoom into Clark and he says his awesome line.. "Humanity will never lose it's spirit"... DAMN THAT WAS A POWERFUL SCENE... the green screen looked perfect!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎