Joshua

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

add

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
    Joshua means the Lord Saves...so is his name a symbol? Is he the savior of mankind? Just a thought...
    It could have some significance.. I hadn't thought about it.

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
    Hmm... I was wondering if he was John, but yeah, he could definitely could be. If so, then it's pretty impressive that he got as high up in Anna's administration as he did if he really IS the leader of the Fifth Column movement.
    Yeah, I really don't know what to think. We don't know if Anna, etc have actually seen John May, I mean, if they have seen his face (real or human) and we don't know how old is he, because some peple think he could be his son. Although there's also the fact that probably they can change their human face, so it could be that age doesn't matter at all. And some people think that John May is dead and that they refer to him as his ideals.

I hope/believe he's not dead and I don't think Joshua is actually John (even if I'd really like that). My impression is that in the Fifth Column they must have at least two or three important persons apart from the leader and Joshua is one them because he's close to Anna and has access to very important information. Maybe he's also important for stuff he may have accomplished in the past so I'd like to find out about that. I don't think that if he was the leader, he'd have been so ready to sacrifice himself.

I don't know if we'll see him leaving the ship but I'd like to see him interacting with the resistance soon; the problem is that he said that he wouldn't leave the ship so I don't know if the reason is (apart from the fact that he had to stay in that moment to face Anna) that he's not allowed to go to earth like Lisa, etc, perhaps he isn't, so I don't think this is gonna happen that way.. maybe it's Erica who will visit the ship. I may be totally wrong
    Last edited by Ellenp; 11-27-2009, 06:05 PM. Reason: add

Comment

This is John May so he can't be Joshua's father since they're about the same age but I'm sure Joshua will be back in at least a few episodes as they expand the John May/Fifth Column storyline!

Comment

First off, we see John May from ten years back, and age doesn't matter in V. After all Anna and Lisa are 5 years apart "visually". So John May and Joshua could still be father/son. Though I don't personally subscribe to a relation - other than Anna and Joshua being possible siblings.

I'm more hoping that Joshua ends up earth bound helping the resistance

Comment

Originally posted by Hoshi_Reed
          First off, we see John May from ten years back, and age doesn't matter in V. After all Anna and Lisa are 5 years apart "visually". So John May and Joshua could still be father/son. Though I don't personally subscribe to a relation - other than Anna and Joshua being possible siblings.

I'm more hoping that Joshua ends up earth bound helping the resistance
          Who will tell the 5th Column about Anna's next move ? Only Marcus and Joshua seem to be in her confidence, Lisa didn't even know about the experiments on humans.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
            Who will tell the 5th Column about Anna's next move ? Only Marcus and Joshua seem to be in her confidence, Lisa didn't even know about the experiments on humans.
            Lisa knew, only to a certain extent. She knew it was going on, she didn't know how terrifying it was though.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
              Well, now that Anna knows that Joshua is 5th column, he may HAVE to end up on earth now. I doubt she will just keep him a prisoner (Though Marcus could keep him secretly for his own purpose if he isn't 5th column too).

That is, if he lives.

Comment

Agree, the events proved me wrong.
                He'll have to go to Earth and Lisa may be the only 5th Column left on the ship. It will be safer to keep Joshua on the ground if he plans on keeping him alive.

Comment

I'm so happy that Joshua is becoming a fan favorite much like his original counterpart Martin from the original series.

Comment

Joshua was soooooooooo amazing in the finale! Hope he becomes a series regular next season! I really love his interaction wtih Lisa... I smiled when he says "My queen" to Lisa...so cute

Comment

Joshua is the new Martin from the original V show the two have a lot in common.

1 They are good Vs
                      2 Both Died and came back I know its a stretch but Martin died came back as his brother but played by same actor

Comment

I think Marcus revived Joshua for his own selfish purpose. He might blackmail Joshua into working with him since he now knows that Joshua is 5th column. Marcus might convince Anna that Joshua is not 5th column and in exchange, Joshua will have to carry some of Marcus's dirty works.

Comment

I dont really see Joshuas character working if he ends up on the ground in the resistance. His character works great as a V, in V uniform and interacting with other V's on the V ship. His style of delivery (very emotionless, deadpan, careful and methodic) and performance makes perfect sense within this scenario he finds himself in on the V ship.

If he was like that in every ground-based scene with the resistance, it'd be really silly after a short while, I coudlnt' see it working. The writers need to keep him among V's on the ship to keep the character as fan-loved as it is now. How the writers could explain this is another story.

Itd be a pity if Joshua never gets to interact with Anna again, those were great scenes. Limiting him to just hiding in some dark V-ship room would be pretty boring as well. For these reasons I hope Joshua and Anna will continue to have directl dealings in future, but it'd take some creative writers to think of a scenario to allow that to happen - now that he was exposed as 5th column and the one Anna thinks destroyed the eggs.

Comment

Now that Tyrian said it, Joshua has never landed a foot on the ground. The only two humans he interacted with are Chad and Erica (okay Jack and Kyles were talking too but he never saw them) and it was what ? not more than 5 minutes.
                            Actually, he's the "more" Alien, since he never have to pretend like Marcus, Anna and Lisa did. Joshua's not assimilated like the 5C on the ground : he may gobble live gerbil in front of Erica or Tyler (Ô TPTB, hear me)!
                            Anyway, his place next to Anna is past history now, but if, as I supposed, Marcus saved Joshua for personal gain (Parker's poison), he may still ended on the ground but not working with the resistance ,thought he may interact with Hobbes and THAT's going to be funny.

Comment

I’m not sure if anybody else noticed, but in episode3, Joshua had this hopeful and excited expression at the idea of living with another species when he told Dale “I can’t believe you lived with another species for all those years. That must have been amazing”

I’d love to see Joshua have more contact with humans and live on Earth.
                              And since the R6 does more than track humans (it may mess with their DNA) and more and more are being infected (including Jack) , and Joshua is a V medic, he’s really needed there.
                              He’d better live. Not only is he a lovable character, but how awkward would it be if they killed him, broth him back, then killed him again?
                              Last edited by Alia; 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia
                                I’d love to see Joshua have more contact with humans and live on Earth.
                                And since the R6 does more than track humans (it may mess with their DNA) and more and more are being infected (including Jack) , and Joshua is a V medic, he’s really needed there.
                                He’d better live. Not only is he a lovable character, but how awkward would it be if they killed him, broth him back, then killed him again?
                                Very true.. I think it'd be very cool to see him on earth .. and you're right, it'd not make any sense if they killed him again, so I'm pretty sure they won't, it'd really suck.
                                Last edited by Ellenp; 06-04-2010, 07:50 AM. Reason: fix

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎