No announcement yet.

The first attempted resistance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first attempted resistance

I wanted to start a new thread on this as it has been alluded to by Georgie in the pilot and then by a Visitor in the mothership in Episode 2.

I'm guessing here that most of the embedded Visitors before the motherships arrived were not traitors. They would have been communicating with their home planet. I wonder what type of weapons they had before the motherships arrived. The Seeker seems to be in the motherships. If there was a first attempted resistance, how did the embedded Visitors stop it?

Do you think they'll explore this in the 3rd or 4th episodes? There definitely are many topics to explore here. I just hope they keep peeling back the layers one at a time and delve more into the history before the motherships arrived.

Thoughts?

I, too, would like a backstory on the Visitors who were there before the ships arrived and I, particularly, want a backstory on the Good Vs who might have helped out with some form of previous Resistance.

Not sure about weaponery. They would have had some form of technology, seeing as they had the means to fix their skin, but not sure how they would have fought. The Visitors do seem to be trained in combat because the Bad Vs who attacked the warehouse were sort of ninja-like and Ryan was able to fight really well, so I'm wondering if that's part of some kind of training? I don't know. Just a guess.

I don't know if we'll see it in the 3rd or 4th episodes, but I definitely think there's story to tell there.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      I, particularly, want a backstory on the Good Vs who might have helped out with some form of previous Resistance.
      A backstory on the first resistance would be great. I'm sure they'll explain it since they've aluded to it at least 3 times, first with Georgie and Ryan in Episode 1, then with Ryan and Angelo and again with Marcus in the mothership. It looks like this Cyrus character may also be a good Visitor from the "first attempted resistance" so Ryan will hopefully meet with him in Episode 3 or 4. They want multiple cliffhangers for Episode 4 so there's lots to build on yet and many directions they could take the show. I hope Georgie comes back too.

And yeah, the ninja-style fighting should have a back story too. Their training, physical strength, etc.
      Last edited by resistorperish; 11-17-2009, 05:34 AM. Reason: adding another thought

Comment

It seems many of the resistance just accepted the fact that they are not what they appeared to be. But George never showed them anything.
        He showed pics, but none showed a visitor without the humanskin.
        I also wonder, if this is cloned skin...it seemed rather thick.
        How can they feel anything?
        I mean, Ryan seemed to feel the cut in his hand.
        The one he got before the one in his lower arm.
        If they can't really feel anything, wouldn't that be dangerous?
        They could get cut without knowing and reveal what they are.

I also would like to know more about why they turned good.
        I don't think all were when coming to earth.
        And who started it.
        By now we know his name is John May.
        I have a feel his apperance will be a big suprise for anyone.
        Maybe a familiar face?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Lover
          I also would like to know more about why they turned good.
          I don't think all were when coming to earth.
          And who started it.
          By now we know his name is John May.
          I have a feel his apperance will be a big suprise for anyone.
          Maybe a familiar face?
          If John Mays is only a guest role, perhaps it'll be played by Martin or Willy. If it's a recurring role, they'll probably get someone new.

In the old V, I recall Martin telling Donovan that the Fifth Column started because some Visitor's didn't believe in what their leader was doing. I also recall Willy stating he was a vegetarian.

Comment

Actualy Willie said he was a vegetable now
            You just got to love his mistakes
            But i'm definitly curious.
            Using one of the old cast, especialy if it would be Martin/Philip, would be a great tribute to the original series as well as the original 5th column

Comment

Originally posted by resistorperish
              If John Mays is only a guest role, perhaps it'll be played by Martin or Willy.
              OMG, if the guy who played Martin in the original miniseries plays John Mays, I would pass out from happiness overload Although, he DID already have his time as leader of The Fifth Column before...

That's probably the only actor from the original that I would love to see as John Mays. Other than that, I'm siding with having someone new step in, especially, if it IS a recurring role.

I think original actor cameos are best as one-off appearances.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎