No announcement yet.

No more books = no new seasons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more books = no new seasons?

I couldn't help but notice the inclination on really making sure that there were not going to be any new books, which would make sense for the story... but... in the back of my mind it also kind of sounded like the writers were making sure to get a point across to the fans, like saying " no more seasons, we have guns and we'll find you"

i hope i'm wrong, but the "what if..." is killing me.

Well Eric Kripke only wanted five seasons.

And I wouldn't say "I hope I'm wrong", just because we, as the fans, should be totally fine with Kripke's five season plan. He doesn't want to keep running this series until it's totally non-sense(Smallville).

If the talk about the books mean that there will be no seasons, then I can see it as a hit towards the CW, "Hey Dawny, we do not want to overrun Supernatural". And she needs to listen.

Comment

yea i guess you are right, Ishmael, just like a dish at a 5 star restaurant. Its not about the quantity but the quality, and Supernatural has been nothing but quality... It just makes me kind of sad to see it go, know what i mean?

Comment

is too premature to say that, but I think that coulda foreshadowing (right word?)

Comment

oh and in my opinion consider Smallville beef jerky and Supernatural filet mignon, just saying...

Comment

that's how i saw it. no more books, no more seasons. kripke mentioned it along time ago (after season 2) that he only had a sure planned out story that would take 5 seasons to tell. well we're there. although it could also mean they just won't have a need for chuck to come back if dean and sam win over satan and there's no more need to use the angels.

Comment

But didn't the books stop as of everything that happened in season 4? So I don't know if the books mean the end of the series, since the series should have been over if that was true.

Also, at the pace they're going with the Apocalypse and the upcoming Croatoan worldwide epidemic, I just don't see them finishing it in 13 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Also, at the pace they're going with the Apocalypse and the upcoming Croatoan worldwide epidemic, I just don't see them finishing it in 13 episodes.
                I think the idea is to kill Lucifer before all that happens.

Comment

I know, but I don't think they will kill him (most likely they'll banish him again) and even if they do, his demons/minions will still be loose to cause damage and that Croatoan virus is some very bad stuff.

Comment

Well Eric Kripke did have a five year plan if this is the last season and I bet it is then that fine with me. Hopefully then Supernatural will be snydicated and I can watch Supernatural again from the very beginning.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎