No announcement yet.

Problems with the episode...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the episode...

This is the first in a while that I've actually had a problem with any episode of Supernatural. It was still worth watching but a couple things didn't make any sense to me...

I know they're not invincible but I find it VERY hard to believe that Sam and Dean, with all that they've encountered in the past, were nearly defeated by child apparitions. I guess this makes them more realistic in the sense that they are only human, but with the experience they've had in handling even worse situations than this, it was surprisingly to see them so vulnerable.

Additionally, Chuck's new gf at the end that just suddenly blurts out the whereabouts of the Colt... did anyone else find that abrupt? It just came out of nowhere.

Anyone else feel the same, or had any other issues with the episode? Discuss.

i think the kid thing was just because there was so much going on that sam and dean had to focus too much on the fake sam and deans and stuff and ghosts are powerful so umm ya plus wouldnt be much of an episode if they were defeated that fast.

Comment

I don't think the Colt thing was abrupt because when you are reading a book, you actually get to be inside the character's head. It would make sense that you could figure out what her actions really were because Sam and Dean weren't around when she handed it off to Crowley.

Comment

I agree, I think their game was off because they had a lot of people to look after this time and most of their tools were outside. They had quite a few roadblocks.

As for the colt, yeah it was a little abrupt that it wasn't mentioned by Cas or anyone before now if it was written in a book somewhere... guess that wasn't the same issue of the book Dean was reading - I think it does make sense in a way that a fan would catch something that the main characters would miss...... I think it was just another play towards the fans that we catch a lot of stuff that is missed by the main characters themselves.

Comment

I just wish there would have been a mention of the Crauley demon before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
            I don't think the Colt thing was abrupt because when you are reading a book, you actually get to be inside the character's head. It would make sense that you could figure out what her actions really were because Sam and Dean weren't around when she handed it off to Crowley.
            It seemed odd to me because there was no discussion with her whatsoever on the Colt, then suddenly she brings it up out of the blue? Way too convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Tartfox
              It seemed odd to me because there was no discussion with her whatsoever on the Colt, then suddenly she brings it up out of the blue? Way too convenient.
              I kinda think she was holding that info for some 'alone' time or a trump card with Sam (because she's a fan who knows how much she really believes is real) and when she was into Chuck there was no real need to keep that info anymore so she blurted the info out.

Comment

plus the colt was mentioned in her presence.

Para-phrasing: "We have bigger things on our plate, like finding the colt and killing the devil!"

if that is not motivation to give out that info than what is

Comment

Which is why Becky says it in the very same episode that she hears about Dean talking about the gun.

And I don't understand how people can complain about Sam and Dean not being able to handle the spirits. Have Dean and Sam EVER manhandled spirits, even if they are kids?

That's pretty idiotic to complain about, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
                    plus the colt was mentioned in her presence.

Para-phrasing: "We have bigger things on our plate, like finding the colt and killing the devil!"

if that is not motivation to give out that info than what is
                    LOL well if that really did come up that explains why she mentioned it. I must've missed that cause I don't recall hearing it in the episode. Thanks for clearing that up.

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                    And I don't understand how people can complain about Sam and Dean not being able to handle the spirits. Have Dean and Sam EVER manhandled spirits, even if they are kids?

That's pretty idiotic to complain about, imo.
                    Dean & Sam have manhandled alot worse than spirits, but I'm sorry you feel it's idiotic to complain about. It's a good thing this is a forum where anyone can express their thoughts regardless of what others may think about it
                    Last edited by Tartfox; 11-13-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Dean & Sam have manhandled alot worse than spirits, but I'm sorry you feel it's idiotic to complain about. It's a good thing this is a forum where anyone can express their thoughts regardless of what others may think about it
                      Okay, but you're being dense right now; you have said they have manhandled a lot worse than spirits, but when have you EVER seen them manhandle spirits(which is what I asked previously)? Because they can't, because they are dealing with non-living things. It's not a biggie if a spirit ghost child is choking the crap out of Dean and Sam; they can't do anything to a spirit, and never have in the past seasons unless hitting them with anything iron.

Comment

I think maybe his issue with them almost losing to these spirits is that these guys are brilliant and well trained in what they do. It seems like a situation these guys should never have been in in the first place.

I assume the reason is because as others have said, they were dealing with more people to protect, but also because they assumed originally there was no issue, that it was part of the role playing game, so they weren't necessarily prepared. Once they clued in, it was perhaps too late.

But I will agree that I had an issue with the way the colt was brought in. It did seem rather abrupt to me, I think mainly because the episode itself was rather funny, then bam all of a sudden you're brought back to the apocalypse storyline.

Also, I think saying someone is being idiotic for expressing their opinion is a bit much. Discuss what you don't like about the opinion without putting someone down. It's possible.

Comment

Well when someone is saying how Sam and Dean should've handled the spirits "better", then it's stupid, imo. They are dealing with spirits, they have always been tossed around and et cetera with spirits/ghosts.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎