No announcement yet.

Haitian vs Sylar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haitian vs Sylar

Hey this has almost nothing to do with the episode but i have to ask. If powers don't work when anyone is around the Haitian, then why didn't they use him in the fight against sylar? I mean even after he got the regeneration power they could get close to him, kill him chop him into bits and burn until turned into dust. Just saying, that would of been one way of dealing with the problem, but probably not very PG13 XD

Even the Haitian has his limits. He was mentally struggling to keep Papa Petrelli at bay. I'm sure he'd have a tough time with Sylar too.

Comment

In season 2 the Haitian didn't even break a sweat keeping Peter the powerful at bay, and he was god-like. He is only as strong as the writer's intend on him being at any given moment.

That is particularly weird why the Haitian didn't offer up his services at the end of season 3, because it seems he is always around when HRG needs him.

Comment

Shanemak, considering how easily Papa Petrelli overpowered Pete in S3, I think it's pretty reasonable for Rene to struggle with Arthur and not Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian-Gray
          Hey this has almost nothing to do with the episode but i have to ask. If powers don't work when anyone is around the Haitian, then why didn't they use him in the fight against sylar? I mean even after he got the regeneration power they could get close to him, kill him chop him into bits and burn until turned into dust. Just saying, that would of been one way of dealing with the problem, but probably not very PG13 XD
          I dont think that Hatian can block regeneration because he is not like eclipse you can see it when Daphne was near him and she could walk or run as normal human and that is what she cant whithout her power

Comment

Originally posted by Litle bit more bizarre
            I dont think that Hatian can block regeneration because he is not like eclipse you can see it when Daphne was near him and she could walk or run as normal human and that is what she cant whithout her power
            Would make sense since you don't think about healing. Seem like his powers have something to do with the brain, controling powers that you actually think about. Should'nt be able to stop Claire from healing since she heals natrually. He was probably able to stop Peter from Healing in season 3 because peter had to think about the person to use thier abillity.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
              Would make sense since you don't think about healing. Seem like his powers have something to do with the brain, controling powers that you actually think about. Should'nt be able to stop Claire from healing since she heals natrually. He was probably able to stop Peter from Healing in season 3 because peter had to think about the person to use thier abillity.

it would make sense, but you are wrong. Peter didn't have to think of that ability... remember when Sylar threw the piece of glass at the back of his head and he died?? they took it out and he came back. Which means that the only way is if he was able to think while dead and i very much doubt that... Nice try though, got me thinking a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian-Gray
                it would make sense, but you are wrong. Peter didn't have to think of that ability... remember when Sylar threw the piece of glass at the back of his head and he died?? they took it out and he came back. Which means that the only way is if he was able to think while dead and i very much doubt that... Nice try though, got me thinking a bit...
                Okay I know I'm overthinking this, but if Peter used the healing ability BEFORE the glass got stuck in his head then he would've already had some "healing blood" in his system when the glass was removed. So it's still very possibly a conscious effot on Peter's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
                  Okay I know I'm overthinking this, but if Peter used the healing ability BEFORE the glass got stuck in his head then he would've already had some "healing blood" in his system when the glass was removed. So it's still very possibly a conscious effot on Peter's part.

It would make sense, but if you remember correctly the glass came from behind, he didn't expect it and he had no reason to be thinking of her at the moment since he was fighting sylar... which by the way reminds me, why didn't sylar examine his brain right there?

Comment

People saying the Hatian's power doesn't work with regeneration... that's incorrect. Arthur Petrelli had that power b/c of taking Peter's, he also took Adam Monroe's power which was exactly that. So the Hatian has no limits. I have no idea why he wasn't used against Sylar last season. I think he, Hiro, and Matt, Tracy (because she can turn into water any time Sylar pins her), or Peter with Hiro's power are the only ones that can ultimately stand up to Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
                      Shanemak, considering how easily Papa Petrelli overpowered Pete in S3, I think it's pretty reasonable for Rene to struggle with Arthur and not Peter.
                      Arthur Petrelli never went mano y mano with Peter. The only times they battled, Arthur had Peter's power and Peter was normal, so there was no real fight. In season 2, even in the future episode of season 3, Rene easily disables Peter's power usage, whereas he was having a hell of a time preventing Arthur from using his. Writing inconsistency.

Comment

I would say they don't use him because then you'd have that "easy" solution throughout the show... every time something came up, it'd be like get the Haitian. Which obviously takes all the drama out of any conflict in the show.

Which I think is the same deal with Hiro and Peter and why they are constantly having problems controlling their powers. Because if you have two people with THAT much power than Sylar in all actuality shouldn't be a problem at all for them.

Hiro I get, that guys offers way too many plot holes...

But I am getting sick of Peter NEVER having all of his powers... I mean, he had them for like half a season and since then, when I've been waiting for a full out Pete/Sylar showdown... nothing... because they want to throw some other random reason why he can't have them. Imagine that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎