• Review

Doomsday - 6.7/10 (Season 8 Finale)
    Savior - 8.9/10 (Season 9 Premiere)
    Metallo - 9.2/10
    Rabid - 9.0/10
    Echo - 8.4/10

Roullete -

Overall rating: 9.0/10

Redemption episodes don't usually come as sweet as Oliver Queen's did. I've been saying for the past few episodes that his redemption story would be coming soon, and I was right. The thing is, I was hoping this Oliver downward spiral would last a few more epiosdes. But what one hell of an episode: the story merely teased us to no end!

The story starts with Oliver gambling. But it gets better. The song and the slow motion made me think how awsome the episode would be. I was right again. Oliver meets a woman named Victoria (aka Roulette). She gives him a pill and Olver passes out. He wakes up in a coffin, and eventually escapes. This is when the teasing starts: a voice talks to Olver, and it damn well COULD have been Lex's. Olver then sees another coffin, he rushes over to it and sees that it's Alexander Luthor's. He opens it....

I applaud the writers for teasing us this episode. Without Lex actually on the show, why not tease us: we know he isn't absolutely dead.

Clark and Lois, in the meantime, are having a movie night. It was a good light moment for the show, seeing as we have dark moment and killing usually now. Eventually, the voice Oliver hears sends dogs after him, he gets chased, and a train almost kills him. Wonderful action and suspence for an episode, I'll say. Oliver goes back to where he was gambling and the guys who are responsible for "the game" that he is playing try to kill him and Roulette. Well, without spoiling too much more, they do get caught... In a way.

Meanwhile, Lois wants to see Oliver because it is his birthday, and they usually have a birthday celebration of some sort. Clark and Lois end up searching for Oliver, but he is no where to be found. Lois then learns about Oliver's suicide attempt that happened in Echo, and sees Clark there also, and ends up getting pissed at Clark for not telling her. Way to go Lois!!

Lois ends up meeting Roulette and gets shoved into the game Oliver is playing. There is a huge surprise at the end of the episode, and I don't want to ruin that; Chloe and Clark do manage to find out about the kryptons on Earth though....

I, for one, thought the episode was amazing! It was a little dull, but the suspence, action, twists, and "comeback" (watch the episode and you will know what I mean) just made the episode fun to watch and a great adition to the Smallville Season 9 lineup. It is a redemption episode centered on Oliver, so take that as you will. But I think Roulette was better than Echo. Don't get me wrong, they both have there good and bad moments, but there both really well written and acted, and directed.

This week saw the ratings drop a notch: 2.52 million people managed to watch.

Next week, the Clark and Lois centered episodes are back! They try to be TV hosts! I can't wait.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎