Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "There Is No Normal Anymore"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hollywood Reporter states this is the highest drop from a scripted premiere that has been seen so far this season.

and this from scifi wire: V week 2 drops 29% -- where'd all the viewers go?

well, i'll tell you why these numbers might just be falling so dramatically...

shall we start with the bad acting? how about horribly, embarrassing writing? (seriously folks! who can HONESTLY say with a straight face that the writing isn't just so down-right average!) bad pacing? or the completely unoriginal plot lines?? (talk about really ripping off the mini). hard hitting political commentary this isn't- light fluffy scifi perhaps that demands little from it's audience.

man, i expected SOOOOOO much more for a show that carries the name V!!! so, so much more!

finally this from The Hollywood Reporter:

Driven by 1980s nostalgia and plenty of marketing, viewer curiosity ran high for the debut—a pattern we've seen in recent years for network remakes of "Knight Rider," "90210" and "American Gladiators." Tuesday night's decline, therefore, was not exactly surprising ... yet it was pretty steep

will the defection continue?... my guess is yes but we'll see, we'll see...

Comment

Yes, I expect it to fall even further next week. It should go down into the 8 million range. If it were to stay there it would be fine but then you'll have to take the long break into account, which will undoubtly kill the show IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by piperone
        shall we start with the bad acting? how about horribly, embarrassing writing? (seriously folks! who can HONESTLY say with a straight face that the writing isn't just so down-right average!) bad pacing? or the completely unoriginal plot lines?? (talk about really ripping off the mini). hard hitting political commentary this isn't- light fluffy scifi perhaps that demands little from it's audience.

man, i expected SOOOOOO much more for a show that carries the name V!!! so, so much more!
        A few questions:

Can you give a specific account of bad acting?

And also, can you honestly say the original V was also perfect, with no bad acting at all? And as for the writing, ave you sat through the 1985 weekly series? Can you say with a straight face that the Star-Child is a better character than everyone from the new V?

I can't honestly say I think the writing is "bad" either. There are still some pacing issues, but I was engrossed and interested for the entire hour, AND I've managed to like every single character on the nesw show, so it doesn't appear to be a "fail" in my book.

Finally, considering it's called V and based on ideas from the original V that's the idea to have ideas that are, in your words, "ripping off the mini."

Comment

yeah i'm with you.

Acting has been fine. I don't like the black guys fiance but i think that is more I don't like the character in general more so than the way she is acting.

Pacing still has some issues, but the second episode was much better than the first.

Comment

Why are people posting In V fan board just to bash It?That Is strange.

I didn't sign up for battlestar Galactica Reimaged boards to bash It as a die hard fan of the original.

Now If you want to compare the writing to original Mini series then perhapes there are valid points.But noone with a straight face can call the writing of the weekly series better.Even the final battle had some Issues withw riting even through It was better than the series.

Comment

Originally posted by piperone
              finally this from The Hollywood Reporter:

Driven by 1980s nostalgia and plenty of marketing, viewer curiosity ran high for the debut—a pattern we've seen in recent years for network remakes of "Knight Rider," "90210" and "American Gladiators." Tuesday night's decline, therefore, was not exactly surprising ... yet it was pretty steep

will the defection continue?... my guess is yes but we'll see, we'll see...
              This right here is the reason the networks need to stop with these reimagined remakes They take a show that has a cult following and try to change the whole premise to make it more hip But guess what the original shows got this cult following because people liked the original premise.I think what a big chunk of fans want with these remakes is the same story with 2009 SFX minus the cheese (starchild)

Being a fan of the original I like new V but I still would rather see shock troopers in the streets, Visitors eating rodents and skyfighter dogfights I also Agree with some of the critics that are saying its been there done that with the plot. not because of it ripping off the original but it bieng too much like BSG I just spent the last four years with the guess who is a Cylon/enemy among us plot and i am ready for something different

Comment

good thing it's not on FOX

Or they would cancle it.

Comment

Ratings could stabilize, I'm gonna wait until next week to freak out about ratings. I think considering how sci-fi this show is the ratings are fine right now.

Comment

Haven't seen anybody mention the final ratings, so I will:
                    10.7 million (viewers)
                    3.8 (18-49 demo)

Source

Comment

When looking on rating charts what does the middle number mean the one that is followed by the letters HH. I understand what the 1st Is overall and the 3rd is people that are 18-49 years old but whats the 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by KingJEicholz
                        Or they would cancle it.
                        just like dollhouse yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jsith99
                          When looking on rating charts what does the middle number mean the one that is followed by the letters HH. I understand what the 1st Is overall and the 3rd is people that are 18-49 years old but whats the 2nd
                          Households.

Comment

I'm just wondering if this new V can overtake the original V in episodes.
                            The original had 19 episodes before it was cancelled. If this new show
                            can't reach 20 episodes does that mean the original is superior? I don't
                            see the ratings improving or stabilizing without resembling the original
                            a bit more. I hope it doesn't take two years to get a full resistance,
                            some more action, and perhaps a "Los Angeles Medical Center"-type
                            revealing of the Visitors to the world. If they wait too long for this
                            to pick up, they could bore their audience away.

Comment

There was 18 million for the premiere that's high.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                                A few questions:

And also, can you honestly say the original V was also perfect, with no bad acting at all? And as for the writing, ave you sat through the 1985 weekly series? Can you say with a straight face that the Star-Child is a better character than everyone from the new V?
                                Thank you.

While the minis were fantatic, the series was not just OK, it was very very bad. And this came from a die hard fan of the original V.

The ratings are not perfect but still very strong as long as next week we don't have the same drop (only 1 or 1.5 down would be good). And ABC can always change the time slot. Putting V against NCIS LA would be perfect since is not as solid as NCIS (I'm not talking about quality because I have never watched that show).

Plus, 3.8 in key demo is very good.
                                And like Craig said there's still DvR, iTunes and Hulu.

That say, I'm more worry about that long hiatus that ABC is planning.
                                Last edited by Pere001; 11-12-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎