Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "There Is No Normal Anymore?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it a 7, I liked the pacing a lot more this time out; but I'm still trying to get used to the characters. I like the show well enough, but I'm not blown away by it like I hoped I'd be. I still like idea that there are visitors embedded everywhere, you just don't know who you can trust.

I just love Morena Baccarin in this, I'm a big Firefly fan and she's doing a great job in this role. I love the quick lizard-like blinking she does, lol. Also, the 'if looks could kill' expression when Chad announced the topic of his interview. Good stuff.

Comment

Is it just me but does Morena Baccarin make up look more Vulcan than Visitor

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERMAN NORTH
        Is it just me but does Morena Baccarin make up look more Vulcan than Visitor
        I had to laugh when my mom said that she looked too prissy to eat a rodent.
        Diana might put her to shame if she chickens out.

Yes, I've subjected everyone I know to this show. Have to do everything I can
        to help keep those numbers up.
        Last edited by Glove; 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM. Reason: Added Note

Comment

Speaking of rodents do you think we will see a Visitor chow down on a Gerbil or Hamster hmmmmm

Comment

This second installment was good. Not great, but good.

Right off the bat I must say: The series needs....something. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but whatever it is, they need it right away. I believe I understand now why the showrunner was replaced in prep for next year.

Personally, I think the second episode suffered from a lack of heightened suspense. We need to see more Anna; she was way too invisible in this episode. And while I love Morena's portrayal of this character, she needs to inject some more "bite" in her acting. And I think that has more to do with the writing than Morena's actual skills--that girl is talented. The material she's being given needs to improve. And if she doesn't eat a rodent soon I'll just die. We need to see the true reptilian nature of these aliens, especially if they're not going to wear orange uniforms.

One thing that I found irritating was that some of the lines spoken by the actors was indistinct. I had to rewind several parts and slow it down just to make out what they were saying. Sometimes Elizabeth says her lines waaaaaay too fast/rushed together.

I also agree with what others have said here: I fear that the creators of this show are taking the built-in audience for granted. Just because this is a reimagining of the 80's series doesn't mean we should skimp on explaining WHY things are happening. WHY/HOW do the aliens know so much about us? WHY are the humans so anti-V? HOW are they healing people? WHAT is the cost--if any--associated with this healing? Not everyone that is watching this show knows the history of the Resistance and I fear such viewers may get lost very quickly because they are not taking the time to build a solid storyline here. It's just--BAM, We're the Aliens, we're here to help you!" What is the mineral or whatever that the humans are giving them in exchange for their "services"? Again, too many unexplained plot holes.

On the plus side--the pacing was much, much better. I think the priest working with Jack is beyond creepy and probably is a visitor. Great stuff. Ditto for Chad's female co-worker. They are both creepsters for some reason. I enjoyed the "Bliss Chamber"; that concept works well as an updated "Conversion" chamber, and I definitely liked all of the scenes involving Ryan. I also loved the fact that the visitors have tapped into the 911 system and are clearly manipulating everything. But again...why???? LOL

Not feeling Lisa's connection with Tyler. It's just so...already done that to me.

7.5/10
            Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I actually liked it better than last week! Erica wasn't as boring as before, in fact almost all the characters were better than before (except Tyler, I still hate that douchebag) which was what dragged the premiere down for me. THis week I definitely got the atmosphere of paranoia they wanted to get across

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                This one moved slower than last week, but it worked for me because it's setting up the things they have to do (like find more Resistance members) and more of the conflict between Anna and Chad, as well, as the Visitors and Earth.

I'm still lovin' it.
                That is mainly what I was going to say . I give it a 9 because this is what I expected after last week. They need to develop the storylines and set up things for future episodes and I think they did it pretty well. I love all the performances and enjoyed especially all the scenes with Father Jack, Erica, Anna, Chad and Ryan. Probably Tyler is the less interesting so far.. I'd have chosen somebody else for that role but hopefully I'll change my mind about him. I can't wait to see Dale again, love Alan and figured he had to be back.

Comment

Slow, dissapointing and compared to the original unexciting.

I found the second episode to be massively disappointing, it had a very slow pace to it and overall it did not feel like the second episode, everyone seemed way to use to the V's and no one has even really reacted that badly to them, the whole arrival seems to have been mucked up and though I want to like the show if they cannot even make a decent re-make of exciting old 80's TV then why bother?

Trying to hard to be other shows so far and has no identity if its own, is it a remake? a re-imagining? or a retread of the usual bad TV clichés and scenes we seem to get yearly

You can decide though I don't think a second season seems at all likely, just how do you muck up something so easy to do?

Comment

I gave it a 7. There's enough for me to keep watching.

Zod.

Comment

good

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍