Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between AI Jor-El and living Jor-El..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortress!Jor-El FTW!

I was really not impressed with Julian's performance, I have to admit that. I can't quite put my finger on why I disliked it so much (aside from the fact that he seemed to only have 1 facial expression; oh and he was really stupid and gave away the secret of his son by dropping about 5,000 hints to Zod!) but didn't.

Comment

There both great.

Comment

I chalked it up the differences to whatever experiences happened between the DNA being collected and the end of Krypton, when Jor-El sent everything for/with his son.
        Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-09-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superdoomsday
          As much as I hated when back in the earlier seasons Jor-El was basically an a$$h0le, perhaps that can be due to the fact that well.....Simply put...HE'S A COMPUTER OF A LONG DEAD KRYPTONIAN. He's not alive and he was just programmed to do whatever the situation called for granted, he is a HIGH TECH computer that can do or say and maybe even feel things no other computer could possibly do but he still is just a computer simulation of a long dead kryptonian.

Cause really, I didn't see very many similar aspects between the Jor-El who sacrificed many things to save his son and Krypton itself, was a kind man who also cared about other races like humans and was wise and very noble and the cold computer voice that burned kryptonian symbols on his son's chest, brainwashed and forced him to do things and even hurt good people like Jonathan Kent.

How can this difference (And it is a very BIG one) be explained between the two Jor-El's? Does this theory work or not?

Thoughts?
          On one hand we have "Kandor's Jor El", a carbon copy of how Clark's father was 20 years before Krypton got doomed. It's just a younger version of the man that sent his son to our planet to save us. This man lived a civil war (that alone would change anybody), and the height of knowing that your planet is going to be destroyed and you can't do anything to avoid it. Besides, his former best friend became his nemesis and he felt guilty about it (because... he is Clark's father after all and they are the same kind of person). We know that he tried to save Krypton until the day of his death and instead of running away he sank with the ship. But after more than 20 years wanting to be a father he couldn't let his baby son to die and as his last hope he sent him to us so human kind wouldn't share kryptonian's fate in the future. And as a guidance he built AI Jor El (I know that we saw the FOS crystal in "Kandor" but he lied about the orbe, whom says that he didn't lied about the crystal as well?. Besides, he had 20 years to change whatever he wanted, he only had to pretend that he did what the kandorians wanted).

On the other hand we have "AI Jor El". If we think about it, Jor El was Braniac's creator too, so, being the both of them AI it wouldn't be weird to think that Braniac and AI Jor El have a lot of thinks in common. Braniac is configurated to make Zod free so he can take over this planet and recreate Krypton. AI Jor El's purpose it's to avoid Earth's destruction at all cost and protect human kind... even from his own son if it is needed. Maybe hes' not the most heartfull person you'll ever met, but it is because he's not a real person. Clark's father died in Krypton and if AI Jor El sees that Clark is making a mistake that could be dangerous to our planet he is going to act, but when Clark is doing things right the AI will offer all the help Clark may need.

But of course, we were told the story with Clark's eyes, so all we saw was a teenayer that was scared of his true nature and wanted to pretend he was a human while Jor El needed him to act (for instance, Lex Luthor, Lionel, Isobel, Jason and Genevieve trying to get the FOS for their own profit and Clark wanting to play football). Clark may be "his son" and maybe AI Jor El loves him (if a kryptonian AI is able of feeling love, which we don't even know) but the FOS couldn't end in Lex's hands because Clark don't want to face his destiny.

That's why I think that AI Jor El didn't say Clark anything about "Kandor Jor El" being in Earth. He didn't want to reunite "Kal El", whom is desperate to being loved and will became close to Jor El in a second as he did with Lara in "Blue", with "Jor El" the man who's dream is become a father. Why?, because this Jor El thinks about Zod as the best friend he ever had, the man whom saved his life and feels guilty because he didn't give to his friend what he wanted. This Jor El would want to "save Zod", he wouldn't know the kind of monster he became... and Clark would be more willing to hear a real person that a voice in the arctic, so "Kandor's Jor El" was a risk that AI Jor El didn't want to take even if it would make Kal El happy. Besides, he believes that his son have issues dealing with loss, so he didn't say anything until he had no choice.

So, I think that real Jor El, is just a wiser and older version of the man we saw in "Kandor", and the AI is trying to protect us but not in a way that Superman would aprobe .
          Last edited by celita; 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

AI Jor El has a cooler voice.

Comment

Living Jor-el had heart and soul.

FOS Jor-el has neither

Comment

Originally posted by celita
                On one hand we have "Kandor's Jor El", a carbon copy of how Clark's father was 20 years before Krypton got doomed. It's just a younger version of the man that sent his son to our planet to save us. This man lived a civil war (that alone would change anybody), and the height of knowing that your planet is going to be destroyed and you can't do anything to avoid it. Besides, his former best friend became his nemesis and he felt guilty about it (because... he is Clark's father after all and they are the same kind of person). We know that he tried to save Krypton until the day of his death and instead of running away he sank with the ship. But after more than 20 years wanting to be a father he couldn't let his baby son to die and as his last hope he sent him to us so human kind wouldn't share kryptonian's fate in the future. And as a guidance he built AI Jor El (I know that we saw the FOS crystal in "Kandor" but he lied about the orbe, whom says that he didn't lied about the crystal as well?. Besides, he had 20 years to change whatever he wanted, he only had to pretend that he did what the kandorians wanted).

On the other hand we have "AI Jor El". If we think about it, Jor El was Braniac's creator too, so, being the both of them AI it wouldn't be weird to think that Braniac and AI Jor El have a lot of thinks in common. Braniac is configurated to make Zod free so he can take over this planet and recreate Krypton. AI Jor El's purpose it's to avoid Earth's destruction at all cost and protect human kind... even from his own son if it is needed. Maybe hes' not the most heartfull person you'll ever met, but it is because he's not a real person. Clark's father died in Krypton and if AI Jor El sees that Clark is making a mistake that could be dangerous to our planet he is going to act, but when Clark is doing things right the AI will offer all the help Clark may need.

But of course, we were told the story with Clark's eyes, so all we saw was a teenayer that was scared of his true nature and wanted to pretend he was a human while Jor El needed him to act (for instance, Lex Luthor, Lionel, Isobel, Jason and Genevieve trying to get the FOS for their own profit and Clark wanting to play football). Clark may be "his son" and maybe AI Jor El loves him (if a kryptonian AI is able of feeling love, which we don't even know) but the FOS couldn't end in Lex's hands because Clark don't want to face his destiny.

That's why I think that AI Jor El didn't say Clark anything about "Kandor Jor El" being in Earth. He didn't want to reunite "Kal El", whom is desperate to being loved and will became close to Jor El in a second as he did with Lara in "Blue", with "Jor El" the man who's dream is become a father. Why?, because this Jor El thinks about Zod as the best friend he ever had, the man whom saved his life and feels guilty because he didn't give to his friend what he wanted. This Jor El would want to "save Zod", he wouldn't know the kind of monster he became... and Clark would be more willing to hear a real person that a voice in the arctic, so "Kandor's Jor El" was a risk that AI Jor El didn't want to take even if it would make Kal El happy. Besides, he believes that his son have issues dealing with loss, so he didn't say anything until he had no choice.

So, I think that real Jor El, is just a wiser and older version of the man we saw in "Kandor", and the AI is trying to protect us but not in a way that Superman would aprobe .
                Agreed. Actually, the more I think about it, AI Jor-El isn't really responsible for all the stuff that was done to Clark.

In Season 2 and 3, it was Clark who decided to disobey Jor-El and blow up the spaceship when he told him that if he didn't leave Smallville, he would hurt the people he loved most which he ended up doing by blowing up the spaceship and being indirectly responsible for his unborn brother's death.

Thus, he ran away with a Red K ring, caused crimes and sort of forced Pa Kent to make a deal with AI Jor-El to get powers which took a toll on his heart and eventually led to his death.

Also, when AI Jor-El told Clark to come back to him to finish his training in Season 5 before sunset, Clark decided to stay with Lana thus Jor-El took away his powers which led to Clark's "Death" who was brought back by Jor-El who warned that due to his mistake, someone else would have to die in Clark's place to reset the balance.

That person turned out to be Lana whom Clark brought back due to time travel which Jor-El warned about but Clark didn't listen and the death was switched over to Pa Kent ().

Clark also released Zod because he refused to kill Lex.

All of these events turn out to be CLARK'S fault and more. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Comment

Jor-el(Julian Sands)
                  is too old ... the experiment that we have seen happened in 1966 while Jor-el in Relic that we saw was only 5 years younger (1961)

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                    I wish ppl wouldn't call Clark BDA.
                    Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡