No announcement yet.

"You've had feelings for Lois since like, the 1930s..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simba_Muffy
    It was great nod and it applies to them too. She said feelings NOT love. Hell, I could be married and still have feelings for another, still want to have sex with the other. It happens all the time. If he didn't feel anything her, he would've never wanted to kiss her and enjoy kissing her. Hydro, Crimson, Bride. Claiming you've loved someone you didn't even know(Clark knew of Lana, he didn't know Lana. The Pilot) since 5 or 7 is not realistic at all. Show me a five year who knows what he or she wants?
    And that right there sums up for me why Clana was never believable. Really, a five year old can fall in love and know what true love is with someone they've never said more than two words to at that? Nice. It's why I believe that what Clark has with Lois is much more believable and has been there since she came on the show, not as love, obviously but there was something bubbling under the surface with them since the beginning. An underlying sexual attraction that was touched upon some in season 6. They hated each other, but what they hated more than each other was being away from each other. So yes, when Chloe said that Clark had had feelings for Lois since like the 1930's, she was accurate. Not that it's been since the 30's obviously, but Clark's had an underlying attraction for Lois he's never known what to do with since they met. Feelings do not equal love, he fell in love with her later, but the feelings of confusion and attraction have been there for a long time now.

Comment

• Originally posted by miranda lynn 22
      And that right there sums up for me why Clana was never believable. Really, a five year old can fall in love and know what true love is with someone they've never said more than two words to at that? Nice. It's why I believe that what Clark has with Lois is much more believable and has been there since she came on the show, not as love, obviously but there was something bubbling under the surface with them since the beginning. An underlying sexual attraction that was touched upon some in season 6. They hated each other, but what they hated more than each other was being away from each other. So yes, when Chloe said that Clark had had feelings for Lois since like the 1930's, she was accurate. Not that it's been since the 30's obviously, but Clark's had an underlying attraction for Lois he's never known what to do with since they met. Feelings do not equal love, he fell in love with her later, but the feelings of confusion and attraction have been there for a long time now.
      I never bought Clana either. She wore that Green-K necklace around her neck, so Clark was never able to talk to her, so how could he be in love with a stranger? She never showed interest him. Whitney knew Clark had a crush on his girl, but his girl didn't have a crush on Clark until later on. Lana also claims she has always knew Clark would save her or something like that in the same episode "Hidden." You didn't know the guy from Adam. No pun intended.

They also didn't act like normal, healthy people when they were couple.

Neither one was on anything. When they were just friends, they acted like normal teens around each other. Chloe's line was not meant to taken that serious, but it can apply to Smallville's Clark and Lois. She said feelings not love. Now, if she would've said, "You've been in love with Lois since S4 or the '30s." "I knew you were madly in love with Lois when first saw her!" "All you talked about was how much you love, love, love, Lois"! Then people can claim it didn't make sense.
      Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-11-2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• I think their was feelings there,neither one wanted to admit it,because of their history. I don't it was brother and sister either,my god look at the way they looked at each other.
        But the show was about Clark early years,so this is what we got.
        Lois herself in Instinct knew she was attracted to Clark,but she didn't at the time want to go there. Clark asked Lois what was said.
        Lois for so long knew how Clark felt about Lana, I really surprised she even tried.
        I'm glad they got together, I just wished we had got more seasons of them.

Comment

• Lana wore Green K from the pilot - it was her wearing a suit with green K in the end that kept them apart

What they did was not end it with Clark being stalked by Lana as per the comic - they ended the first love sadly - as most of the first loves that do end - end that way.

Clark really didn't realize completely what was going on until BOTH were gone - then he realized it was Lois that he loved.

Could the writers have done it better - I guess in a perfect world - on Smallville - the wild card - MR - left - they had to keep the fans interest peeked - It's funny that they knew Lois and Clark as a potential couple would do it.

With Lana, they kept her in the Hospital or Brainiaced for most of season 6 & 7 - bad for the Character an bad for the actress.

I'll end this by saying - in the mythology, Lana Lang was an off shoot in the Superboy comics - she behaved just Like Lois Lane in the Superman Comics

So in essence, Clark has had feeling for Lois since the 1930s.

Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by joan Tyler
            I think their was feelings there, neither one wanted to admit it, because of their history. I don't it was brother and sister either,my god look at the way they looked at each other.
            But the show was about Clark early years, so this is what we got.
            Lois herself in Instinct knew she was attracted to Clark, but she didn't at the time want to go there. Clark asked Lois what was said. Lois for so long knew how Clark felt about Lana, I really surprised she even tried. I'm glad they got together, I just wished we had got more seasons of them.
            Yeah, they did have feelings for each other from earlier on... it was really clear that Clark cared A LOT about Lois like in Recruit... and unlike a lot of people like to say, they did NOT hate each other. Not even a little. That's why Clark said that they were FRIENDS in Lucy. Cause they had a connection - finishing each others sentences - since the beginning.

Oliver also saw it the very first time he saw them together And so did Lana BUT the show insisted on THROWING Clark and Lana back together, no matter rather it made sense for Clark's character or not

He had feelings for Lois for a LONG time... he just wouldn't act on it, as long as the PTB had Lana around. Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky clois fan
              Yeah, they did have feelings for each other from earlier on... it was really clear that Clark cared A LOT about Lois like in Recruit... and unlike a lot of people like to say, they did NOT hate each other. Not even a little. That's why Clark said that they were FRIENDS in Lucy. Cause they had a connection - finishing each others sentences - since the beginning.

Oliver also saw it the very first time he saw them together And so did Lana BUT the show insisted on THROWING Clark and Lana back together, no matter rather it made sense for Clark's character or not

He had feelings for Lois for a LONG time... he just wouldn't act on it, as long as the PTB had Lana around. Meh.
              Do some even know what "hate" means? Unless you're referring to a "love hate" relationship, which they had, but they didn't despise each other like some claim.

When you hate something or someone, you do not want anything to with it or the person. If Clark hated Lois, he would not have been okay with her living at his parents' house, he wouldn't joke with her, he wouldn't try to be friends with her. Some say, 'Oh, Lois and Clark hated each other." Really? If that is hate, then what is love? After S4, Clana was just a stall tacti. How can Lana cry her eyes in "Static" when She thinks Lex is dead, then claim she's back to having feelings for Clark in "Hydro"? She didn't she believe she was pregnant with her and Lex's kid?
              Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-11-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• I just took it as a throw back to the comics and agree Lucky Clois Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                  I just took it as a throw back to the comics and agree Lucky Clois Fan

Yes, it wasn't that serious. But you can apply to SV Clois.

Comment

• Hey,did you see the comments on the finale that Lana was what stopped the Clois,
                    SOooo he would take Lana back she was his first love and tragic love that can never be
                    another like it. Lois is second best!

Comment

• Chloe knew there was the strongest connection between Lois and Clark and even though she wasn't happy about it for jealousy reasons even she couldn't deny it......They have always cared about each other. Their connection has always been stronger and they have always had the best foundation for a permanent romantic relationship. End of story and no Lois Lane will NEVER be Clark Kents second choice,. After the "shudder" abysmal Lana send off in Season 8 Clark Kent actually matured and grew into a man....finally...and then he made a man's choice and picked Lois. He put away childish things and moved on..Clark was never going to end up with anyone other than Lois Lane. Ever...

Comment

• 1938 Clois comics shout out.

Comment

• Originally posted by toflyup
                          Hey,did you see the comments on the finale that Lana was what stopped the Clois,
                          SOooo he would take Lana back she was his first love and tragic love that can never be
                          I only remember Lana flashbacks in "Finale." Beyond that, I don't know what you're talking about. SV went out of its way to tell us Lana was NOT the one.
                          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 05-29-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toflyup
                            Hey,did you see the comments on the finale that Lana was what stopped the Clois,
                            Have you been smoking something

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎