No announcement yet.

Black Zero?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Zero?!

WOW .. I liked how Smallville used “Black Zero” name for the army that destroyed of Kandor. Black Zero is actually a supervillain from the Superboy/Superman history. Pretty interesting!

Actually before that it was a terrorist group that sent a weapon to the core of Krypton that lead to its destruction in a radioactive chain reaction, years after the fact.

----- Added 45 Seconds later -----

And the fact that they include it is awesome.
    Last edited by REebee52; 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thank you for that information, I wasn't sure what the entire history of Black Zero was.

Comment

awesome. Thank u of for the intel

Comment

Comment

yea when i heard the name black zero i was like what the heck, but then i wiki it during a commerical break and found out it was a name of a superman/superboy villain. So that was a nice nod to the comics there.

Comment

Great nod to the comics of the John Byrne era.

Loved it.

Comment

Yeah I loved the reference too. I just wish they had revealed more details though. Just a quick mention or two wasn't enough. :/

Comment

When Zod first said it I was like "did he just say-" then he said it again and I smiled because of the comic nudge. Just like how RAO made me smile last week. Nice little touches like that that aren't too overblown are fun.

Comment

I totally geeked out when they mentioned Black Zero! I wondered how many others would get the reference as well.

Comment

Here's a link to DC ***** about it, http://dc.*****.com/wiki/Black_Zero
                      It seems it goes nicely with the storyline in Smallville about clones
                      In the Third Age of Krypton, the Kryptonians extended their lives by maintaining clones in suspended animation (the Clone Banks), which they then harvested for body parts. The Black Zero organization acted against this "genetic slavery", prompting the War of Clone Rights, which lasted for ten centuries. In their final act, Black Zero detonated a nuclear bomb at Krypton's core. This devastated the planet, and contributed to its destruction many centuries later [3].
                      They also mentioned the technology that helped build the Fortress of solitude in there

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎