Special Effects in "Kandor"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The super breath was cool, but the destruction of Kandor takes the cake. Sure, we got a resuse of the shot from "Lara", but that atomic bomb like explosion was amazing. One of my favorite effects of the entire season.

It's bothering me how some people are all "Well, they'll probably blow all their money and the effects at the end of the season will suck." Oh shush, people. Stop being so negative! The producers are doing a wonderful job at managing their money this year, so I have faith in them.
    Last edited by Nerf; 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      Yea the council scene, the desctruction of kandor(a possibly second kandor was probably built afterwards), and the superbreath and heatvision was good scenes.
      Exactly what I loved about the SFX. That opening scene, altogether, was pure magnificence! I loooooved how the sound just went away, and all we had were Zod and Jor-El looking up out of the trenches at a nuclear explosion of Kandor. It was an amazing effect/scene!

Comment

totally.

Comment

The special effects were awesome!

Comment

Super Breath!

Who else loved seeing Clark use Super Breath to blow the sand off the Shield??

Comment

When was the last time super-breath was used?

There was a deleted scene from season 7 where Kara used it (the effects were not added in though). The last time I can remember off the top-of-my-head was in "Freak" (season 6) where Clark blew around a bunch of papers in a doctor's office.

Brian

Comment

so, we got Clarks superwhoosh, x-ray, heat vision AND superbreath, all in one episode? epic! its 4th time we saw heat vision this season, how many times did he use it last season?

Comment

I'm pretty sure Clark used superbreath in Season 8's 'Committed' to blow the door down to save Lois.

Comment

I remember that scene, and I just imagined that he punched the door down, but it could have been either. If it was breath though, there was not much of anything that we saw of it. Just the end result.

Brian

Comment

They were fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Meat
                        At this rate, they'll probably blow through their budget and be left with a medicore finale.
                        LOL, everyone says that in every vfx episode discussion.

Originally posted by Brian63
                        When was the last time super-breath was used?

There was a deleted scene from season 7 where Kara used it (the effects were not added in though). The last time I can remember off the top-of-my-head was in "Freak" (season 6) where Clark blew around a bunch of papers in a doctor's office.

Brian
                        This season's "Echo".

Comment

Originally posted by PJBoy
                          This season's "Echo".
                          I am not remembering a scene in Echo that involved superbreath. Could someone give a hand please?

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian63
                            I am not remembering a scene in Echo that involved superbreath. Could someone give a hand please?

Thanks,

Brian
                            me neither, but we got one scene with superbreath in Rabid anyway

Comment

We've seen Clark use Super Breath, but never with that AWESOME visual fx!
                              I'm also really loving the visual for his Heat and Xray visions, the way they show it coming out of his eyes!

Comment

At the very beginning, the introductory shot of [insert boomy radio voice] "THE RED SUN OF KRYPTON" did I hear a crackling sound on the soundtrack? As in burning, like a log burning in a fireplace? Was this supposed to be the sound the sun makes? I think the effects people were pulling my leg...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎