Pilot Easter Eggs: What Did YOU See?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you what I didn't see. The Statue of Liberty or The Empire State
    Building. These monuments are still in New York? Couldn't they have
    digitally placed them in the background somewhere?

Comment

The Empire State Building was in the opening when the Vs landed. It first appeared in the reflection of the building Ryan was looking at and was in several aerial shots of the city. The Statue of Liberty wouldn't be in any of the shots, as it is not part of the Manhattan skyline, where the Mothership landed.
      Maybe Lady Liberty might've worked as some kind of foreshadowing, showing the Vs approach New York -- and about to rob Americans of their freedom -- but then again it might've been seen as too cheesy or cliche.
      After all, "Independence Day" had a shot of a skewered Lady Liberty ablaze in the aftermath of an extraterrestrial attack.

Comment

Maybe Lady Liberty might've worked as some kind of foreshadowing, showing the Vs approach New York -- and about to rob Americans of their freedom -- but then again it might've been seen as too cheesy or cliche.
        I think hiding Liberty Statue was truely intentional. As Ham says, no freedom with Visitors.

Comment

When we saw through the probe's eyes, we saw bursts of what looked like the Visitor language from the original show....

Comment

Originally posted by soxtalon
            When we saw through the probe's eyes, we saw bursts of what looked like the Visitor language from the original show....
            The show is using the same languish as the original to pay homage to it

Comment

I just finished watching the series finale of the original show, The Return,
              and noted the swords that Donovan and Philip used were charged. Didn't
              the Visitors that attacked the resistance in ABCs version carry charged
              swords? They seemed to glow as if they were. Just something I
              noticed.

*Maybe, it was just a reflection coming off the swords?
              Last edited by Glove; 11-09-2009, 06:49 AM. Reason: Added Note

Comment

I loved the fact that the original language was used...

Comment

I just noticed something on Anna's Visa it was stamped Nov. 9th 2009 wonder why they chose that date instead of the 10th which is today also they got her sex wrong too it says M not F

Last edited by SUPERMAN NORTH; 11-10-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎