No announcement yet.

Pilot Easter Eggs: What Did YOU See?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Easter Eggs: What Did YOU See?

OK, just for those unfamiliar with the term -- though I suspect many of you are -- "Easter eggs" refers to tiny visual details that viewers look for, which have intentionally or unintentionally are left on screen by show creators that may be clues, tributes or just coincidences, kinda like a treasure hunt.
    In the nine-minute first look at "V" on the abc.com website, I already noticed a few things that maybe y'all did too.
    1) Chad Decker, as borne out by the graphics on the TV which shows his image, is apparently the host of a news program called "Prime Focus." The crawl on the bottom of the screen has the words, "denies further cuts to the health care system."
    2) When Ryan's girlfriend is using her remote to change channels to watch TV broadcasts of coverage of The Arrival, she first tunes in to WZPZ-TV, then to WIXN-TV (News 8), which both have field reporters providing coverage. The words crawling across the bottom of the screens on those channels carry the same message: "The White House will neither confirm nor deny that the President has been taken to a secure location." The fourth station she switches to is WYBS-TV (News HD), which displays the crawl message that reports of "earthquake-like damage continues to rise" in each city where the Vs motherships are hovering.
    3) In an apparent plug for itself, in the background where Erica looks for Tyler, there's a TV news van marked "ABC 7." That would be spot on for New York City, where the channel assigned to the New York ABC affiliate, WABC-TV, is Channel 7.
    4) The area where Tyler and his mother Erica are reunited in the chaos that accompanies The Arrival is -- as letters on the side of a building spell out -- Oceanic Plaza. There is no Oceanic Plaza in New York City, the dramatized location of "V." However, there is an Oceanic Plaza in Vancouver, BC, where the show is filmed, at 1066 West Hastings St., down the street from the Vanocuver Renaissance Harbourside Hotel.
    So...what did you guys and gals out there see? Anything else? Let's keep this thread going and count up how many Easter Eggs we can put in our collective basket for the pilot episode.

Originally posted by Ham Tyler
    4) The area where Tyler and his mother Erica are reunited in the chaos that accompanies The Arrival is -- as letters on the side of a building spell out -- Oceanic Plaza.
    OCEANIC Plaza?! LOL. Even if that's a real place in Vancouver, that's also another Lost reference in a NEW ABC series! Love it! I'll have to look out for that.
    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

There's a reference to an address in this episode. I don't remember the exact address but the house number is "4400" - Scott Peters' previous show.

Comment

Oceanic Shout-Out! Great catch, Ham Tyler!

What's funny is that FlashForward did an Oceanic shout-out, too. I think Desperate Housewives was supposed to have an Oceanic crash as well.

Love that ABC is putting a little bit of Lost into some of their shows.
        Last edited by savingpeoplething; 11-02-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

There was a shout-out also, to "The 4400." The address where the resistance group met was at 4400 Pier Ave. in Brooklyn. No such avenue name exists in Brooklyn. Nice wink to the show.

Comment

The 4400 wink was cool, and I hope they turn Father Jack into a fed, so we can have our 4400 Tom Baldwin back! He should have been a fed on the show to begin with!

Comment

Still more Easter eggs:
              1) A wink and nod to the cliche "the scientists are baffled" appeared in the crawl of a day after The Arrival news brief on WIXN-TV News 8 which reads: "Scientists baffled by alien technology."
              2) How ironic that in "V," Elizabeth Mitchell -- also one of The Others from "Lost" -- finds a mysterious hatch that leads to a villains' underground lair, much like the one on The Island, which contained the medical station.
              3) The Vs' shuttlecraft which ferries tourists to the New York Mothership appears to lift off from an aircraft carrier deck. The view appears to be to from the Hudson River, west of Manhattan, which would place the takeoff site in a ferry port in New Jersey. It's possible that in the show, though, this site could be the runway on the USS Intrepid, a decommissioned aircraft carrier (now a museum) on the banks of the Hudson, off 12th Avenue in Midtown Mnahattan. However, the shuttle's flight path shows it arcing above the Brooklyn Bridge, which would mean the shuttle took off from across the East River, from Queens or Brooklyn.
              4) The website where humans "obsessed" with the Vs log in is visitmothership.com, on which, among other things, visitors -- pardon the pun -- can click on thumbnails for firsthand mothership stories, tickets to visit, videos and other things.
              5) One of the fake passports is of Jeffrey Leclair, which has an issue date of Jan. 21, 2005. Leclair is listed as being born in New York on Dec. 10, 1959.
              6) Owen Chapman, the dead guy in the basement of the shed in Long Island (who was part of Georgie's resistance cell), has, as his residence (according to a screen grab of the cell phone billing statement), the address of 3842 Oxford St., with a ZIP code of 10027. That ZIP code is for the Upper West Side of Manhattan, which includes the campus of Columbia University.

Comment

hey ham just to let you know if u try to go to visitmothership.com it doesnt work(obviously lol its a tv show), but if u use opendns and see which nameservers fail u get a page that says Nameservers for visitmothership.com:

• ns.warnerbros.com returned (NORECORDS)
                • ns2.warnerbros.com returned (NORECORDS)

which means warner brothers bought the page name, just havent done anything with it yet
                Last edited by ZeroWorth; 11-04-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

V Pilot started like Lost with a close up of someone opening their eye.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                    V Pilot started like Lost with a close up of someone opening their eye.
                    good catch. that was the first thing i noticed.

Comment

Lisa with the apple on the mothership is like the serpent in the garden of Eden as she is a reptile under her human skin.

Comment

Man of the Atom: If you're a baseball fan like me, then you know there's a term for the spectacular catch you made -- a circus catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Tyler
                          Man of the Atom: If you're a baseball fan like me, then you know there's a term for the spectacular catch you made -- a circus catch!
                          Heh, not really a baseball fan, so I had to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ManofTheAtom
                            Lisa with the apple on the mothership is like the serpent in the garden of Eden as she is a reptile under her human skin.
                            That's more along the lines of symbolism than it is an 'easter egg', but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Comment

Dang you guys saw a lot. I liked how it opened up with Elizabeth Mitchell's eye reminded me of Lost.

Also quite clever on the "What did you see" question.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎